Incursors For Ultra's

Prot

These incursors intrigue me because you still can push back a deepstrike, and in theory, it could be on top of the mines. 1+D3 against vehicles I think. How close does your opponent have to be to trigger them? Do flyers trigger them?

It's 3" to trigger them. I think Fliers can't trigger them, but I'd need to re-watch one of the reviews to check. I could well be wrong on that.

Mortarion into close wombat

It's like a band name. Mortarion and the Marsupials.

I didn't see anything in there about flyers not triggering the mine.

The Mines are an add on. I'm hoping the squad cost is fairly cheap. But I hear Reivers went down 2 points a pop making them the cheapest (?) Primaris you can field... and they also have a deepstrike advantage, but aren't a troop. 

Two things I forgot about: Incursors can't have their shots modified. I think this is decent but I do play against Tau.... a LOT. And they have access to that little Radar dish thingy. But the downside is it can only communicate the aura of a "Phobos" captain I believe.

All in all, not a horrible unit. Well suited for the Tactical Objective so the guns have some meaning. As far a troop choice goes, not bad. 

+edit+ Also Incursors might work as a good firebase set up with the new  Invictor Tactical Warsuit units.

I'm looking at the flamer variant which would be an interesting annoyance factor with 2D6 hits plus close combat. The only question is the points? If it comes in at 160 that might be hard to justify.

Edited by Prot

The Mines are an add on. I'm hoping the squad cost is fairly cheap. But I hear Reivers went down 2 points a pop making them the cheapest (?) Primaris you can field... and they also have a deepstrike advantage, but aren't a troop.

19 ppm and 10 points for the mine. A squad of five with a mine will cost you 105.

I'm looking at the flamer variant which would be an interesting annoyance factor with 2D6 hits plus close combat. The only question is the points? If it comes in at 160 that might be hard to justify.

131 for the flamer variety. Rocks not just the flamer, but fragstorm, heavy bolter and twin Ironhail stubbers.