DS8 + Stratagems

9x19 Parabellum

I was looking at how to maximize both "Hot Blooded" and "Breach and Clear."

A breacher team that sets up a DS8 tactical turret, would be able to use either/or/both of the stratagems in tandem with that DS8 tactical turret, right?

-the DS8 is a part of the unit.

-neither stratagem requires that only <INFANTRY> models within the <INFANTRY/BREACHER> unit are able to shoot twice/reroll wounds.

Am I reading that all right?

Yeah that should work. A DS8 turret is still not a good investment for Breachers though imo considering they will either keep moving or get wiped after one turn once they are within shooting range.

I largely agree.  Just exploring options.

I'm kind of thinking a unit of 12 Carbine*-armed strike team, setting up mid field, with DS8 Smart Missile.  Hopping out of a Devilfish gives them 3+6+d6" movement + 18" gun range = ~30" threat range.

That should be enough to reach out almost anywhere you need them.  Then, with hot blooded, opponent is looking at 56 str. 5 shots :-)

*For the lulz and the trolls.

Probably work better with rifles, a PAD and fireblade. With PAD theyre firing 3 shots at same range carbines fire 2. Theyre more likely to be able to stay still and continue to utilise the turret and even if you cant get in 18" range the shoot twice can be useful just for another 16 shots.

At half range it's 80 shots altogether!