Knight Transport Inquiry

Aothaine

Hey everyone!

Going to be investing a lot into a Chaos Knights army. But I'm really concerned about transportation of the army. I'll be running three knights and three daemon princes most likely as the baseline army. How do I transport this army safely?

Thanks in advance!

Personally, I use an under bed crate, with bubble wrap between them.

At some point I'll magnetise the bottom of the knights bases and put a piece of metal in the bottom of the crate so I don't even need the bubble wrap

Ohh that is a decent idea to use it for local transportation. I'll need something a bit more secure eventually though as I plan on going to tournaments around the globe. Particularly, the tournament held by SN Battle reports and anything Tabletop Tactics sets up if they get their tournament scene rolling.

I use the 4" foam trays in a battlefoam transport. I don't glue the waist of my knights and the body and legs can fit in a single tray. I use four for my force of 3 knights and 3 armigars, the armigars fitting in a single tray as the bases are just under 4".

If you glued your knights you'll need something else. Also to make this work you'll need to have your carapace weapons magnetized to fit them in.

I use the 4" foam trays in a battlefoam transport. I don't glue the waist of my knights and the body and legs can fit in a single tray. I use four for my force of 3 knights and 3 armigars, the armigars fitting in a single tray as the bases are just under 4".

If you glued your knights you'll need something else. Also to make this work you'll need to have your carapace weapons magnetized to fit them in.

Yeah was going to have the weapons magnetized. But the torso and legs.. that is going to require a rather powerful magnet. How do you keep them from breaking apart during the game?

I wanted to keep the full movement in the hip joint so I magnetized it like this. It is very secure and you need a little tug to separate them, so there is no risk for them to accidentally come apart.

In the hip ball i cut down the top nipple a bit so it would fit when i put a magnet on top. In the hole I first put 2 3x1,5 mm N52 magnets and under them 2 8x2 mm

Hip ball

Hip ball inside

In the torso i just glued 2 10x2 mm N52 magnets on top of the hole

Torso hip connection

Torso hip connection underside

Knight 3 wip

If you just want to have a flat joint between legs and torso it is much easier. I haven´t done it so I cant say what magnets that are recommended

Edited by Huggtand

Yeah was going to have the weapons magnetized. But the torso and legs.. that is going to require a rather powerful magnet. How do you keep them from breaking apart during the game?

Gravity? I move them via the base and legs.