Tactics for new "Stormspeaking" discipline

MeltaRange

What do you think about the new discipline?  All in all, I really like it.  I think it combos well with the other disciplines and allows for some interesting combos if you're going psyker heavy.

Blasting Gale WC7
Target an enemy unit within 18". Until next psychic phase, unit cannot advance and rolls 1 less d6 for charges

Lightning Call WC7
Closest enemy unit takes d3 MW. Roll up to 3 more dice doing additional MW on 4+, 5+, 6+

Ride the Winds WC6
Target WHITE SCARS unit gets +2 to Advance and Charge rolls until next psychic phase

Storm Wreathed WC6
Target WHITE SCARS unit cannot be overwatched, and models in the unit do Hammer of Wrath style MW to a unit it charged on a 6.

Spirits of Chogoris WC6
Target enemy unit gets -1 Ld and -1 to hit until next psychic phase

Eye of the Storm WC6
Roll a d6 for each enemy unit within 12", adding 1 if the unit can FLY. Each unit takes a MW on 4+.

Random thoughts:

• Spirits of Chogoris + Hallucination are a match made in heaven
  • Ride the Winds is obviously great in many situations, particularly for an army that can advance and charge like White Scars. I think this is clearly the go-to power of the discipline, personally.
  • Storm Wreathed is a solid support power. I like how it's aimed at the friendly unit, so it shuts down Tau and the new Ultramarine Stratagem "Defensive Focus". The Mortal Wounds are kinda eh, but it could be good against like Riptides and Storm Shields, etc.
  • I need to think about Blasting Gale a little more, but it's clearly nasty against certain things like Da Jump, and anything that can advance and charge. I think the power will be useful combined with your speed and Bolter Discipline to keep units you don't want in combat out of range from being charged.

All in all, I really like it. What do you think?

Use Ride the Winds with a Libraian who also has the new Relic that lets infantry within 6" gain +1 to Advance/Charge rolls.... put him in a Drop Pod with an Ancient with the Relic Banner (+1S aura) and a bunch of TH/SS Vanguard Vets and they all come down turn 1, cast Ride the Winds, and now have +3" total to their charge... that means a 6" charge which, along with the Stratagem that let's you charge 3D6", gives an almost guaranteed first turn charge with 31 x S10 AP-3 D3 attacks (give the Vanguard Sgt a Mastercrafted TH to make 4 of those attacks S10 AP-3 D4 for extra flavor)... if this unit doesn't kill its target on the first go, pop Transhuman Physiology and between that and 3++ Storm Shields, you should survive long enough to Honor the Chapter and swing again.

Blasting Gale - that will stop a charge

Lightning Call - alternative smite

Ride the Winds - +2 advance requires some preplanning, the extra charge range is huge!

Storm Wreathed - is awesome for charging those big gun lines of Tau! Far, far better than Suppressors. Those Mortal wounds though not reliable are just a little hint of icing on the cake.

Spirits of Chogoris - -1 to hit is nice, -1 leadership needs too much extra to get it to work.

Eye of the Storm - on the fence about this one, too much like Orbital bombardment for only a potential of 1 mortal wound on a unit.

Overall though I love the discipline, it fits right in with my DIY Chapter. I don’t know if this Discipline will overcome my push for that Ultramarines Scions of Guilliman or not.