Legio Solaria walks!

Edit for newest group shot:

gallery_72918_15756_465035.jpg

I finally got around to upload a picture of my first two Warhounds:

gallery_72918_15756_4546.jpg

Meet Cane Tigris, the Hound of Tigrus, and Sarissa Venatris, the Spear of the Huntress.

The dots on the green armor panels don't quite show on the pics but it sure gets an impression across :tongue.:

Once i'm done painting my first maniple i'll break out the proper camera and add some proper shots.

Anyways, i'm pleased with what i did so far and i'm really pumped to basecoat my first Reaver tomorrow :wink:

Let me know what you think!

Legio first!

Edited by Marshal Wolfhart

i basecoated the coils in Kantor Blue, then painted Lothern Blue not quite to the rim. I then mixed some White Scar in the Lothern Blue successively to lighten it up towards the center, using a wet paintless brush to pull the edges over before the paint dries. Finally i used some watered down white scar to settle in the recesses in the middle. It's actually really simple, but glad you liek it ;)

Okay, full stop. How did you do the weapon glow? I need colors used and steps, my first attempt looks like someone spilled paint them. 

Actual the most easiest way to do those plasma coils is to use the new contrast paints. Wraith Bone undercoat, Tallasar Blue and finally a white drybrushing.

@Marshal Wolfhart: Exellent work. 

I have a rules question: Going by the free pdf for titandeath in German, it says Legio Solaria can replace ONE Reaver in a maniple with a Warhound. Would it be legal, according to the english book (German ruels are very poorly translated and full of mistakes or missing phrases) to replace multiples, like a Corsair maniple of only Warhounds?

One titan per maniple. Also if the special rules mention a titan by name and you’ve swapped that class for another it doesn’t benefit from the special rule.

Example: Venator maniple with four Warhounds and a Reaver. When a “Warhound” punches out a shield the “Reaver” gets a free shot. If you use any special rules that let you swap a class you don’t get to use the free shot rule because it mentions Reavers and Warhounds by name.

• 3 weeks later...

With my Reaver finished, the newest group shot looks like this:

gallery_72918_15756_465035.jpg

Lessons learned from this: Don't be lazy and paint in subassemblies. Getting the green to cover over the metal was far harder than with Mechanicus grey undercoat, next time i'll behave like a real grown up and do things the proper way ^^ Also the "eye" lenses were a pain to paint beneath the armor plates. Of course. ;)

I might distract myself with another Reaver before i get to the Warlord...