New Squad type - Hellfuries?

Browsing through the new Ultramarines supplement, and found this reference to "Hellfury" squads as a potential step up from "Hellblasters" - anybody heard of this? Something coming down the pipe?

jb1Gk4j.png

My conspiracy-addled brain is telling me this will be a Gravis-based plasma unit - elsewhere on the page, there is reference to progression from Incursor (Phobos) to Inceptor (Gravis), but in reality that's a bit of a reach and I'm not sure where else they would fit.

Any thoughts on this??

Furies being flying beings, sure it's not just the flying Hellblaster version, a.k.a. Inceptors with plasma?

The same leap from non-flying to flying version was made a sentence later with Incursors to Inceptors.

Edited by MajorNese

Browsing through the new Ultramarines supplement, and found this reference to "Hellfury" squads as a potential step up from "Hellblasters" - anybody heard of this? Something coming down the pipe?

jb1Gk4j.png

My conspiracy-addled brain is telling me this will be a Gravis-based plasma unit - elsewhere on the page, there is reference to progression from Incursor (Phobos) to Inceptor (Gravis), but in reality that's a bit of a reach and I'm not sure where else they would fit.

Any thoughts on this??

Hah, nice catch!

Considering Eliminators and Hellblasters both are Fire Support squad types using Phobos and Tacticus armour respectively and the text talks about the 9th company which is the Reserve Fire Support company, I'd definitely agree that it sounds like it's a Gravis Fire Support squad.

Edited by sfPanzer

Furies being flying beings, sure it's not just the flying Hellblaster version, a.k.a. Inceptors with plasma?

The same leap from non-flying to flying version was made a sentence later with Incursors to Inceptors.

Absolutely postive its not that, as they're not ever mentioned as being called such ever. The different name means it'd be a different data sheet for a different unit. Plasma armament is a weapon switch for the Inceptors on the one data sheet,  just as las fusils are a weapon swap on the same unit with the same name in the case of Eliminators.

You can already give your Inceptors Plasma, have been able to for about 2 years.

Rik

Absolutely postive its not that, as they're not ever mentioned as being called such ever. The different name means it'd be a different data sheet for a different unit. Plasma armament is a weapon switch for the Inceptors on the one data sheet,  just as las fusils are a weapon swap on the same unit with the same name in the case of Eliminators.

Not to mention that Inceptors have no place in the 9th company since they are close support and belong into the 8th company as the text already mentions even.

On a different note, the allusion to an existing different unit, that isn't described or has a datasheet, but is probably likely to get a release, is a little groanworthy in that we JUST got a 2nd SM codex for this same edition... and it itself is potentially heralding its own incompleteness here.

That is kinda to be expected though? As long as GW doesn't declare a whole faction as "finished" there will always be new releases and those won't always come with a whole new Codex.

I find it strange that they are talking about 9th company and don't mention Aggressors (At least for the Blood Angels aggressors are always shown as fire support, I assume the same for codex), I can imagine Hellfury is a name they've chucked around for flamer Aggressors and just forgot they didn't use.