Carcharodons Astra project

Xenohammer

• 2 weeks later...

Great work on these Frater, really captures the spirit of the Carcharadons.

I've just finished the novel Carcharadons: Red Tithe. Have you read it all?

Thank you. Iam working on much more.

Yeah, it was a good book with a stuning ending and Iam about to begin the novel Outer Dark.

Edited by Xenohammer

Great work on these Frater, really captures the spirit of the Carcharadons.

I've just finished the novel Carcharadons: Red Tithe. Have you read it all?

Thank you. Iam working on much more.

Yeah, it was a good book with a stuning ending and Iam about to begin the novel Outer Dark.

I came into the book knowing very little about the Carcharadons, I'm definitely going to pick up Outer Dark.

• 2 months later...

Excellent works.

Thanks, I'm currently working on a leviathan. After that comes probably a squad Devastators.

I have a question for my brothers. How would the mission goal markers appropriate to the Carcharodon theme, look like?

I do not have the right idea yet. But maybe you?

Looks great, especially the freehands and generous use of 30k bitz and models make them pop and support the rather unique background.

Objective markers?

Well, given their supply problem, I'd say anything they could use to go on. Gear crates, fallen Astartes (friend and foe), maybe command terminals or machinery (energy cores etc.).

Looks great, especially the freehands and generous use of 30k bitz and models make them pop and support the rather unique background.

Objective markers?

Well, given their supply problem, I'd say anything they could use to go on. Gear crates, fallen Astartes (friend and foe), maybe command terminals or machinery (energy cores etc.).

Maybe a stand for the armor, at least part of it. By the Bitzperor, I need more Bitz.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, again something from me. I still had this kit and I thought it was time to finally build it. The parts are so badly casted.  Its has crooked and twisted parts. The halves of the transport sections have different lengths. Very big gaps that I had to fill up with Green Stuff. I sat forever to straighten the parts with a hair dryer. Funny is that I have a bald head. What did my neighbors think of me? Anyway, I love the design of the Assault Ram and the way it's used.
But it's the right way to knock. I just had to have it. Unfortunately, I did not always succeed in perfecting the freehands on the other side. But practice makes perfect.

20191125_125226c2knf.jpg

20191125_12530557k7a.jpg

20191125_1253381qkt6.jpg

20191125_125152ovj25.jpg

20191125_125130nmkwu.jpg

20191125_125036yej55.jpg

Edited by Xenohammer

Yep, that one came together nicely. It's a legendarily bad cast, but not quite as bad as the first run of StormEagles. :biggrin.:

Looks good when the color goes from black to white in 4 steps - a lot more interesting than the (rather standard) two-tone Sharks. Red markings and position lights do their part too.

The only thing I might add would be a little shading/rust/weathering around the antigrav plates. The area reminds me of brand-new factory floor, which is at odds with the Caestus' "dynamic entry" approach.

I sat forever to straighten the parts with a hair dryer. Funny is that I have a bald head. What did my neighbors think of me?

Yeah, we had something similar locally - our (entirely bald) guy walks into the packed gaming store, and asks the assembled hobbyists where he could find a hairdryer...people started thinking what hair he needs it for...awkward silence... :sweat: