Carcharodons Astra project

Xenohammer

Yep, that one came together nicely. It's a legendarily bad cast, but not quite as bad as the first run of StormEagles. :biggrin.:

Looks good when the color goes from black to white in 4 steps - a lot more interesting than the (rather standard) two-tone Sharks. Red markings and position lights do their part too.

The only thing I might add would be a little shading/rust/weathering around the antigrav plates. The area reminds me of brand-new factory floor, which is at odds with the Caestus' "dynamic entry" approach.

I sat forever to straighten the parts with a hair dryer. Funny is that I have a bald head. What did my neighbors think of me?

Yeah, we had something similar locally - our (entirely bald) guy walks into the packed gaming store, and asks the assembled hobbyists where he could find a hairdryer...people started thinking what hair he needs it for...awkward silence... :sweat:

Hmmm rust :yes: , yep a litle bit rust would be nice.  

Maybe even black traces of re-entry into the atmosphere.
Damn, I thought I was done.

Edith says, voila.

20191126_1540142rj3o.jpg

20191126_154158ovjfi.jpg

20191126_154134qvk9n.jpg

20191126_154110lvj6p.jpg

20191126_15404457j44.jpg
Edited by Xenohammer

Again, AWESOME work on the Caestus.

Hmmm rust :yes: , yep a litle bit rust would be nice.

Rust is the result of metal oxidizing- something paint and the flyer's ceramic coating (to let it survive atmospheric reentry) is meant to prevent.

What can overcome those protective measures? Chaos-taint? I hope the Techmarine accepts a Chaplain and a Librarian's aid in thoroughly cleaning the Caestus each and every time it attacks a Chaos-crewed ship, so the assault ram's crew (including himself) and passengers won't be corrupted and perverted.

Maybe even black traces of re-entry into the atmosphere.

Good idea. Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

golly, why am I just finding these at the end of my lunch break?! They are so sexy!!! Park some Thunderfire Cannons next to them for good times in deed!

I have not even thought about thunderfire cannons, but why not? I would also have a techmarine on site for repairs.:whistling:

Excellent painting and conversions on your army so far, I really like the jetbike. And the symbols/pattern you did on the dreadnought and the other flyer (Looks like a Stormwolf but I don't know what it's called for your army) Looks really great too!

Thank you, I'm happy to hear it. That shows me that it was worth the time. The flyer is a Caestus Assault Ram. Nice old 30k stuff. A relic from a time that was not much more civilized. There is no special chapter name for the kit and any loyal chapter can use it. But if there were a name, it would have to be a hammerhead shark or Sphyrna mokarran.
I am considering whether I should take some money in my hand to build a transport from a Storm Eagle and a Valkyrie Sky Talon. That is supposed to bring tanks, which is based on the Rhino chassis, from the Orbit to the planets surface. My pile of shame says no. But my demon in me says yes. Speaking of demons. I would have to trim a Warhound Titan to Nurgle. But that still has some time .....

From Friday I have eight days of vacation and about 360 hours of overtime which I have to use to stay at home. It is estimated that I will only start working in March 2020. A lot of time for our hobby.:biggrin.:

So now I've finished the two Sicaran tanks. Let's see what I'm going to do next for my Carcharodons. I still have some little things to prepare for it. Terminators and scouts would be conceivable. I hope that the new Forgeworld Dreadwing Interemptors will be available in the new year. They would make great company veterans.

20191226_1056430jk7e.jpg

20191226_110353tmjva.jpg

20191226_110425xujz0.jpg

20191226_11141748jgz.jpg