New Models out next week with Blackstone Fortress Expansion.

50p is a steal, counts towards HQ tax (no triple TPE) and he's not locked to a forgeworld. Yep, auto-include.

Not having Canticles and no <Forge World> keyword means he won't profit from other buffs (TPD, Cawl, Manipulus), but the more annoying part is that ALL transports (including the termite) are locked to <Forge World> infantry, so no Skorpius Plasmariders with inbuilt "Screw that target, and don't overheat while doing so".

X-101 seems just...bad. Cheapest elite choice except for Servitors at least, but neither the range to throw around shots while camping an objective, nor the output to actively do anything. I could only see this guy camping an objective by being cheaper than 5 rangers and untargetable, and fill out a brigade detachment.

Yep, only one may be included in the army, unless I am very mistaken - the small print is hard to read in the GMG video.

Which is hardly surprising, since that's been a named character from the start, and the datasheet is named after the specific guy, not technoarchaeologists in general. All previous BSF characters were unique too.

The transport issue is a problem though, I hope that is just an oversight and they FAQ it.

Also it is refreshing to have a better weapon than our glorious Las-Pistol and different to the axe.

Edited by Black_Knight

Urgh it hadn't dawned on me that he can't go in our transport , due to lack of a forge world ....

There goes my plan of moving him up with 19 corpiscarri

Still really rather good unit, will be running for LGT 100%

Edited by synthaside

Ermm just has a thought ... (Train to airport) X101 ... Is a character servitor ... I presume that means we can sack him to Ressurect a destroyer ;-) most opponents know to kill my mooks with claws .. Edited by synthaside

That depends on the exact keyword, can't make it out a 100%.

The Biosplicing WL trait requires a unit of servitorS, while X-101 is said to have keyword servitor. So no, it doesn't match unless it is servitorS, which will be clearer once it's 100% readable.

Deadalosus is truly excellent. I refuse to watch the utterly awful GMG reviews but did see his datasheet on Striking Scorpion's channel.

I think he'll be an auto include in many Mechanicus lists - I'll certainly be adding him to my Mars army.

I think he'll be an auto include in many Mechanicus lists - I'll certainly be adding him to my Mars army.

Aye. Especially for Mars - Cawl is excellent to make units hit more, but if the units he buffs get another +1 then it cancels out harder to hit enemies. Especially the BS4+ units really suffer from that - compensating a -1 to hit on a BS4+ unit with Cawl buff increases the hit chance from 55% to 75%.

Besides, the HQ tax can be put to better use than spamming TPEs that have nothing to do all game long.

As it's a named character, he can't play relic carrier, right? That would have opened up some options, but we'll find other ways to not have him stand in the way.

With a pistol that's deadly at point blank, and his guaranteed MW, he might be useful for Heroic Interventions as impromptu bodyguard. He's pretty worthless in CC, but pistol+MW can significantly damage anyone stuck in that CC before they are able to swing again. Or do emergency repairs on top of Cawls self repair.

Since my employer is sending me to work abroad again - enough travel expenses to stock up on both the box and some transports. Hotel room painting incoming...

I  Hobbled into my local Gdubs and placed a preorder ,  ( was on the way home from oslo) where i may have hurt myself jumping off a pier into a fjord .

I will be submitting my list  on the strength of how good he is on paper and rush painting him as quickly as is humanly possible.

There are so many good uses for him i'm struggling .... to think what's best in my list ...  he can support kataphrons , Robots , Las chickens Onagers , hell it might even make corpiscarii a little less dirt tier ,  fliers beware ... this lads on his way.

Edited by synthaside

I am wondering if he is truly a named character or just a dude with a name. I mean there are some releases that give names to some models but they are actually generic in effect.  Just hopeful that he can hold a relic/WL trait.

I am wondering if he is truly a named character or just a dude with a name. I mean there are some releases that give names to some models but they are actually generic in effect. Just hopeful that he can hold a relic/WL trait.

Yeah this is a good point. His weird name could be the title for what he is.

And/or he's just a placeholder unit/datasheet until GW updates him in CA et al with a full "generic" ruleset.  Lots of potential here, but in the meantime I'm pretty satisfied with what we got!

This guy looks an autoinclude for me. I'm already running 2 big units of arc breachers.. They want to move up the table anyway.. And having this dude able to get either 1 unit hitting on 2s (with the servitor maniple stray).. Or have both hitting on 3s (one using him, one using the stat) will be excellent (and can always use him on other units too in a pinch). His one off auto smite/fix will also be handy.