Reporting for duty

9x19 Parabellum

Hello 10th Legionnaires.

So I've decided I'm re-purposing my Raven Guard original marines for the 10th Legion.  My primaris Raven Guard will stay Raven Guard.  But my junior marines (being very vehicle heavy) will be heading to Medusa for retraining. 

So just saying hi but also a few painting questions.

-it looks like the bolter "action" frame gets painted white.  Is that standard/canon?

-how do you distinguish veterans/sergeants? Paint the hands silver?

-Is there an official part of a vehicles' chassis that should get painted white?

-Anyone have any good links to any painted Iron Hands armies?

I guess that's good for now.

Greetings! Welcome to the Clans.

- white furniture on weapons is canon as far back as 3rd Edition. However, the 5th Edition codex also featured red furniture on a bolter...and as usual, they're your models, paint them how you want.

- Silver hands is standard for all battle brothers. According to the new codex, veterans receive a white stripe on their helmet. Sergeants have the helmets with a skull icon on the forehead (the Iron Skull, rendered in red, is admittedly a Codex Astartes standard for denoting sergeants).

- Not particularly. I paint the casings of tank guns white to match the furniture on small arms.

- I'll see what I can do about getting some of my stuff up for you.

Thanks Machine God.  The pics in the new codex have both hands painted silver so I had done all my tacs last night with silver hands.

How do you guys do the battlerole icons on the left kneepads?  The ones that come on the transfer sheet look too big for the kneepads.  And free hand....meh....

Yeah, come up with your own thing then. Paint the left knee pad different colors, or maybe a different colored stripe for their role?

Good point. I paint the right shoulder pads of mine in different colours for different roles, White for Veterans, Green for Devastators, etc.

It is likely that when the supplement is released, the transfer sheet that comes with the upgrade sprue will have battlefield role icons small enough for kneepads.

Oooh. that would be juicy.

More questions...

-is there a proclivity for Iron Hands anywhere in canon for them to be using power fists as the preferred melee weapon?  It would seem that should be their signature weapon (in theme with the whole "hand" thing).   My raven guard like lightning claws, my BA's prefer power swords, and now it seems like fists should go to Iron Hands.

-do scouts get silver hands like Tacs do?

When do we get to see pictures? ;) I really like the white weaponry on IH, really makes them pop :) Following on from that I think the vehicles should be the same :P

As IFF says axes and hammers are more common but IH don't really have a signature weapon so you're free to pick what you like without feeling like you're ruining any lore :lol:

When do we get to see pictures? :wink: I really like the white weaponry on IH, really makes them pop :smile.: Following on from that I think the vehicles should be the same :tongue.:

As IFF says axes and hammers are more common but IH don't really have a signature weapon so you're free to pick what you like without feeling like you're ruining any lore :laugh.:

As soon as I get the transfers (arriving Thursday) on my Tac squad, I'll post pics. Other than transfers, the Tacs are done.   I think i'm going to do the devastator centurions next.