What model to use for daemon behemoth

Argel Tal

What model would be best suited for a behemoth, considering how large this model is supposed to be I don't know if for instance a terrorgheist or a mutalith would be big enough... Soul grinder maybe?

If not do you have any suggestions?

I'm struggling to find a size that would fit between the daemon great best and the arch demon

I get you, it's hard to find something that fits, despite the obviously huge/intimidating range of possibilities The 1d4chan tactica for Ruinstorm daemons has a table of possible GW and third party models that could be suitable for the different units, could be worthwhile as a start: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Daemons_of_the_Ruinstorm_(30k)#Models

I wouldn't agree with all of them but there is a thought process and a gradually increasing size there.

I'd say this one is great for a greater beast the shadow hulk could be better but I'm afraid that with tall figure like this, they will struggle to fit the recommended size of the behemoth base (170x105 if I remember correctly) which is the size of an imperial knight base...

Same issue with the gorgon actually, the height seems good but not the footprint...

I'd say it totally depends on the theme of your army and / or the Aetheric Dominion you are using.

That 'Nightstalker Terror' from Mantic is looking nice, yes, but it surely sets the tone for a rather lovecraftian theme. Matter of fact, it totally makes me want to play some Arkham Horror. XD

I think it could totally fit but imo it's easier to find the proper model for the greater beast, behemoth is the hard one while being not as big as an arch daemon but way bigger than the daemon lord and the greater beast... And avoid the empty base syndrom with small models supposed to represent something big!