Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What model to use for daemon behemoth

Ruinstrom

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Argel Tal

Argel Tal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 102 posts
What model would be best suited for a behemoth, considering how large this model is supposed to be I don't know if for instance a terrorgheist or a mutalith would be big enough... Soul grinder maybe?

If not do you have any suggestions?

I'm struggling to find a size that would fit between the daemon great best and the arch demon

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,721 posts

I get you, it's hard to find something that fits, despite the obviously huge/intimidating range of possibilities The 1d4chan tactica for Ruinstorm daemons has a table of possible GW and third party models that could be suitable for the different units, could be worthwhile as a start: https://1d4chan.org/...rm_(30k)#Models

I wouldn't agree with all of them but there is a thought process and a gradually increasing size there.

• Noserenda likes this

noigrim

noigrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,737 posts
  • Faction: Marines , Custodes, Guard, IK

beastman gorgon

• battle captain corpus likes this

Sense%2Bt%C3%ADtol%2B%282%29.pngETL_2015_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpgUntitled-1.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_08_L_T_2013.gifL_T_3_2017_Medals.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_48988_15151_1303.pngZg0FFzL.jpggallery_48988_15465_10777.png

Ficinus

Ficinus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 499 posts
It depends on the aesthetic of your army.

Argel Tal

Argel Tal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 102 posts
Aftersome research I think the fw skaarac looks like the best "official" model for the size of the behemoth whilst still being chaotic without any doubt

https://www.forgewor...c-the-Bloodborn

TheTrans

TheTrans

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 233 posts

Spotted this the other day, I'm not sure if it'd be large enough, but god damn it is the stuff of nightmares!! Is a Mantic "Nightstalker Terror"

8498.1.1000.1000.FFFFFF.0.jpeg

• Gederas and Brofist like this

++A Roar Amongst the Thorns++ - A Turescale Astral Claws Plog

++A Cloak of Foes Felled++ - A 30k Thunder Warrior narrative Plog

Argel Tal

Argel Tal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 102 posts
I'd say this one is great for a greater beast the shadow hulk could be better but I'm afraid that with tall figure like this, they will struggle to fit the recommended size of the behemoth base (170x105 if I remember correctly) which is the size of an imperial knight base...

Same issue with the gorgon actually, the height seems good but not the footprint...

Unknown Legionnaire

Unknown Legionnaire

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 669 posts
  • Faction: XXth Legion & Cult Allies

I'd say it totally depends on the theme of your army and / or the Aetheric Dominion you are using.

That 'Nightstalker Terror' from Mantic is looking nice, yes, but it surely sets the tone for a rather lovecraftian theme. Matter of fact, it totally makes me want to play some Arkham Horror. XD

Smile like Dynat when you're winning !

noigrim

noigrim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,737 posts
  • Faction: Marines , Custodes, Guard, IK
Quite cthulesque

Sense%2Bt%C3%ADtol%2B%282%29.pngETL_2015_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpgUntitled-1.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_08_L_T_2013.gifL_T_3_2017_Medals.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_48988_15151_1303.pngZg0FFzL.jpggallery_48988_15465_10777.png

Argel Tal

Argel Tal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 102 posts
I think it could totally fit but imo it's easier to find the proper model for the greater beast, behemoth is the hard one while being not as big as an arch daemon but way bigger than the daemon lord and the greater beast... And avoid the empty base syndrom with small models supposed to represent something big!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users