New Blood Angel Stratagems.

Morticon

So...according to the BRB FAQ

"Q: Is it possible to use a Stratagem from one codex to target a unit from another?

A: Yes, so long as the unit the Stratagem is being used on has the appropriate keywords

(note that the Stratagems in Codex: Chaos Daemons and Codex: Tyranids are specific exceptions to this, as discussed in the relevant FAQs and Errata).

For example, you can use the Tide of Traitors Stratagem from Codex: Chaos Space Marines on a unit of Cultists from a Death Guard Detachment (from Codex: Death Guard) if your army has both an Alpha Legion Detachment and a Death Guard Detachment in a single Battle-forged army.

Also note that the only requirement to have access to Stratagems is that you have a Detachment of the appropriate Faction."

I'm not sure if you've seen, but the amount of available "Astartes" and other shared unit/keyword Strats the new dex has is unreal. 

We have some new toys after all - and all we need is a small detachment! 

Does the SM detachment have to be battle forged? If not, say hello to one UM Servitor! :biggrin.:

Doesn't your army has to be battle forged to get access to Stratagems in the first place anyway?

You are probably right. I just remember a recent tourney where one of top players had a single Black Templar servitor to give access to "Abhor the Witch".

I think that an under-strength detachment is still battle-forged provided you pay the -1CP penalty.

Edited by Karhedron

New List of strats we can use:

Suppression Fire

Duty Eternal

Bolt Storm

Veteran Intercessors

Hunter-Slayer Missile.

Gravitic Amplification

Rapid Fire

Hammer of Wrath .....yes. 

Big guns never tire

Fury of the First ,....yes!

Target Sighted

Steady Advance

Skilled Riders!

Hero of the Chapter

Transhuman Physiology!!!!

Gene-wrought Might

Vengeance of the Machine Spirit. 

!!!!! 

So exited. 

Does the SM detachment have to be battle forged? If not, say hello to one UM Servitor! :biggrin.:

Doesn't your army has to be battle forged to get access to Stratagems in the first place anyway?

You are probably right. I just remember a recent tourney where one of top players had a single Black Templar servitor to give access to "Abhor the Witch".

I think that an under-strength detachment is still battle-forged provided you pay the -1CP penalty.

A single Black Templar Servitor doesn't grant access to Abhor the Witch on its own, Space Marine detachments are what grants stratagem access with Chapter specific powers being an extra level of restriction on top. That player must have had a full Space Marine detachment of non-Black Templars for the Servitor to do anything.

Battle Forged just means you get the base 3CP, armies are battle forged if they consist entirely of units in detachments so the detachments cannot be battle forged in themselves. All matched play armies have to be Battle Forged as a baseline.

New List of strats we can use:

Suppression Fire

Duty Eternal

Bolt Storm

Veteran Intercessors

Hunter-Slayer Missile.

Gravitic Amplification

Rapid Fire

Hammer of Wrath .....yes.

Big guns never tire

Fury of the First ,....yes!

Target Sighted

Steady Advance

Skilled Riders!

Hero of the Chapter

Transhuman Physiology!!!!

Gene-wrought Might

Vengeance of the Machine Spirit.

!!!!!

So exited.

But we need a SM non BA detachment to use them right?

Yes, so a patrol detachment of Ultramarines or Raven guard for example a librarian or lieutenant and 5 Intercessors or scouts would be enough if you haven't already used all your available detachments. Unless of course there is a marine unit the Blood Angels can't take you've always had your eye on.

Yes, so a patrol detachment of Ultramarines or Raven guard for example a librarian or lieutenant and 5 Intercessors or scouts would be enough if you haven't already used all your available detachments. Unless of course there is a marine unit the Blood Angels can't take you've always had your eye on.

If I were to build such a list I'd probably go for 3x3 Raven Guard Eliminators. Free cover anywhere means free 1+ armor save and if you actually place them in terrain they get a -1 to-hit on top of it. ^^

It specifically excludes aux support, sadly.   But, that means that a patrol is maybe the cheapest and if we didnt want to break theme, then thats the best way to do it. 

I'm REALLY tempted now to rework my upcoming tournament list just to include this...but...the call to honour is still just too strong :( 

In a casual setting, I'm betting most people would be fine letting the other marine chapters use the new strats.

No reason to think they won't get all/most at some point.

I think the only vanilla strats BA didn't copy were chapter master and tremor shells.

On the first page in the back section of C:SM there is a blurb about how everything in that section (which includes the strategems) is only available to units specifically in C:SM. I'm sure someone else can word this better than me, but I saw a thread over in the Vanilla Marine forum about it and it does look like we won't be able to use the strats even though there is FAQ precedence and the keywords match.

On the first page in the back section of C:SM there is a blurb about how everything in that section (which includes the strategems) is only available to units specifically in C:SM. I'm sure someone else can word this better than me, but I saw a thread over in the Vanilla Marine forum about it and it does look like we won't be able to use the strats even though there is FAQ precedence and the keywords match.

Would someone mind posting a quote/photo of that particle blurb?

UUvYxFV.png

I could be wrong here, but i'm reading this as you cannot apply these rules when creating a BA detachment. I guess we will have to wait and see. Using strats to affect other sources have been acceped by TOs and GW for quite a while now. Either the FAQ will clarify this, or the TOs will rule on it. I will cautiosly keep building lists with the assumption i can.

Edited by Remtek

UUvYxFV.png

I could be wrong here, but i'm reading this as you cannot apply these rules when creating a BA detachment. I guess we will have to wait and see. Using strats to affect other sources have been acceped by TOs and GW for quite a while now. Either the FAQ will clarify this, or the TOs will rule on it. I will cautiosly keep building lists with the assumption i can.

Yeah you’re not allowed to use C:SM stratagems with a C:BA detachment, but as per FAQ, an allied C:SM detachment would give you access to the stratagems and you could use them in all units with the appropriate keyword.

I believe that specifically refers to detachments? Id have to see the layout, to be honest. 

UUvYxFV.png

Yeah you’re not allowed to use C:SM stratagems with a C:BA detachment, but as per FAQ, an allied C:SM detachment would give you access to the stratagems and you could use them in all units with the appropriate keyword.

This.  Well, said.