Bike Squads: Fielding them in 8th with new Codex.

Rommel44

Hey mates. Naturally being the White Scars, we will be taking Bike Units in our army and with the release of the new Codex, I have basically run down a few things I have noticed other White Scars players will be doing for their Biker units when it comes to their Sergeant, Special Weapon Options, and the Attack Bike option. Way I see it:

*Sgt: With the new changes in CC, along with the White Scars Devastating Charge, many have expressed desire to field their Sgts w/a TH or a PF for the extra damage potential in CC. Personally, I like the Power Axe as it is a cheap weapon that can dish out a ton of damage still, even more so with the Devestating Charge.

*Special Weapons: Plasma remains a popular option for obvious reasons. However, I have heard many people expressing a desire to run a Tri-Melta Bike Squad considering all the Anti-Infantry Dakka we put out already with the Bikes themselves. Grav Guns I'm not sure about atm, but I can see the potential with all the Space Marine armies that will be popping up atm.

* Bikers: Chainswords are the obvious choice for obvious reasons lol. BPs are solid but with our CC potential a Chainsword is the far better option and far more Mongolian.

* Attack Bike: Multi-Melta is a popular choice atm with the point decrease and the fact we can hide one in our Bike Squads without being targetted. Add it with 2x Melta Guns for the Tri-Melta build and you have a nasty unit that can dish out a ton of Dakka on top of providing much needed Anti-Tank. Hvy. Bolters are a decent option still but only for their added Dakka and being cheaper.

Those are my thoughts but feel free to add your thoughts on the Bike Squad and how you plan on fielding yours going forward.

Edited by Rommel44

Hey man! I like your enthusiasm about scars and 8th but you already started a thread about bikes (and landspeeders) I dont see any reason to why discussions about bike loadouts couldnt fit in that thread Edited by Johanhgg