“Loyalty is it’s own reward”

Hello! Currently working on the start of my Heresy-era Dark Angels project, enjoying the break after a spell painting samurai miniatures!

Want to work on some background for the army, decide upon it's allegiances etc. To start with, here's my Consul, a Rhino and the lovely new Contemptor-Dreadnought.

BlPKSAj.jpg

RFd2KGq.jpg

gKA65np.jpg

HaGmQon.jpg

Si53JiH.jpg

qDEC0Jj.jpg

cGKqVM4.jpg

4uiT9fT.jpg

FBXwjoX.jpg

g5nw4sB.jpg

10HWeML.jpg

eNWcZ8t.jpg

2XupMYp.jpg

2A1cNQQ.jpg

5bMAT3D.jpg

Jq1Sxe1.jpg

HG2sDPF.jpg

uQcXrJm.jpg

Edited by TheFirstKnight

That Contemptor really is a nice sculpt. The stains and chipping on the armour plates look good on all three models, I like how you've done the Rhino's headlights.

Thanks, mate, much appreciated! It’s why I enjoy painting black; I find I can go to town on the weathering side of things without it looking somewhat overdone (a thing I found difficult to balance when I did Death Guard years and years ago).

• 2 months later...

Hey gang, back to it after a mini break (busy with work and other hobby stuff). Came back to some lovely new Dark Angels minis so clearly just had to treat myself! Appear to be going for a very Dreadnought heavy theme, 2 Contemptors and a Leviathan so far.

Quiet day at work today so these have been gloss varnished and are now ready for priming and a lick of paint! Hopefully the melta lance and Siege Drill should be here tomorrow hopefully.

http://i.imgur.com/vxVh9VA.jpg

Edited by TheFirstKnight

• 5 months later...

Hey Gang! Has been a while since I’ve done an update. Moved house late last year to a big old farmhouse which has required a lot of work to it. Fortunately (or not as the case may be) there’s kinda of a worldwide lockdown atm which has enabled me to get some painting done. I should probably get some troops done at some point but wanted to do some of the toys first!

Few pics below of what I’ve been working on this week, in addition to the Captain, Rhinp and Contemptor I’d painted previously. Apologies for the poor pictures, the lighting isn’t great in this place as there’s always too much or not enough, the minis aren't quite as grey or drawn out as they appear here! Gonna be treating myself to a light box at some point soon.

The minis are mostly done, I just need to finish the bases off and paint the Leviathan's eye lenses. Have commited myself also to doing an Ironwing force, with some Dreadwing elements (hence all the Rhinos and Dreadnoughts so far). I’m currently working on a second Mortis-Contemptor and the shiny new DA Terminators from FW. Troops to follow, then the Interemptors, then a pair of Vindicator Laser Arrays and a Sicaran Venator.

Praetor:

rp3Y57S.jpg

yeMDtBd.jpg

QNmfSLO.jpg

Sgt79G3.jpg

WqzQUB3.jpg

Leviathan Dreadnought:

K9kaPuI.jpg

iOoIWxV.jpg

MkTqbN1.jpg

YEAFOSv.jpg

moh8i5P.jpg