An Impossible Hope: A Charity Anthology

Andurin Marvak

Battle Brothers, you all might remember me posting about this awhile back. The long and short of it is, my sister has dealt with some pretty severe spinal and connective tissue problems for a long time now, and while she's had the first surgery to make sure she doesn't die from her spinal cord being stabbed by her own vertebrae or her brain plugging the opening in her skull that cerebro-spinal fluid travels through, she's still got a long way to go. With the rarity of her condition and the small number of doctors in the US that can handle this kind of surgery, naturally the costs were high, and though time and time again with other surgeries she and her husband have worked their way out from under a mountain of debt, this time it's just so large they can't do it alone.

Now, if you remember me posting about this before, you're probably asking, why am I doing it again, with a different link? Well, because we're having to get creative with how we fund-raise. I happen to know a few authors, and they reached out among their peers and cobbled together an Anthology of twenty short stories, all relating to overcoming difficult odds, to give out as a reward to anyone who donated. Even if it's just a dollar. I've edited these myself, alongside actual professionals, and we had professional cover art done, thanks to a talented aunt of ours. I can tell you the work is well worth the price of admission. You can find out more about all this in the link below.

We're Warhammer 40,000 fans, and Space Marine fans to boot. We know the literary (and actual) value of a hard-fought victory, and that's what this whole thing is about. If you want some good fiction, donate, and we'll shortly send you a dropbox link on GoFundMe so that you can get the digital file. If nothing else, please share this. Publicity for the cause is always appreciated. Thank you for your time, and keep us in your hearts and prayers.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/impossible-hope-bonnie039s-anthology?fbclid=IwAR101JV3rgKeOxvHPAfSVbucWb8Vt4GMxM_etL5MEkawTVpEj1Ae_-JSZFk

A point of clarification, is the Anthology Warhammer 40k stories?

No, but this is merely an update on a fundraiser that was previously approved to be posted about, I'd have posted in the old thread but did not want to be guilty of threadomancy.

The content of the stories are a bit of a mixed bag, ranging from standard fiction to fantasy to sci-fi. Somehow we wound up with a higher number of Arthurian stories than other categories, but, given that all of the authors donated these stories free of charge and in many cases wrote them specifically for the Anthology, we were happy to take what we were given, and were blessed that what we were offered was solid material.

Edited by Andurin Marvak