-= Work In Progress =-

The Argent Fists are a Ultima Founding successor of the Imperial Fists stationed in the <to be determined> sector. They specialize in attrition wars and like their primogenitor excel in siege warfare. They have a home planet in the Muk'sa system called Sairen. The fortress monastery on Sairen is in the shape of a ring surrounding a lone mountain. The mountain being part of the fortress monastery and houses the most sacred relics and equipment of the chapter. The ring structure around the mountain creates powerful void shielding that surrounds the mountain and the ring structure. Between the mountain and the ring there is enough fire power to devastate the planet as well as any fleet above it in orbit. Though it has never had to be tested in battle since it was rebuilt, it has in the past. Having helped wiped out an Ork Waaaagh and multiple Necron Invasions.

The planet consists of Human and Ork tribes and when it was first found by The Argent Fists, both Orks and Humans were fighting off a Chaos invasion. The Argent Fists came quickly to the aid of the Humans and wiped out the Chaos invasion force. They then were left with the decision on what to do with the Orks. In the end they decided that the Orks would be a good training tool for their future potential recruits and culled every few years to keep their numbers in check. The Human tribes are in a constant state of war with the barbaric Orks that live on this planet and it is those wars that forge the future of the chapter. 

The Argent Fists also have a strong adherence to the Codex Astartes, but understand that sometimes changes need to be made to be the victor. They learned this from Guilliman himself during the Indomitus Campaign. 

The Argent Fists patrol a sector nearby the Iron Hands sector and have had many encounters with their fellow loyalists. These enounters have been

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sm/bpe=FBFF00&bpj=FBFF00&bp=FBFF00&bpc=FBFF00&hdt=FBFF00&hdm=FBFF00&hdl=FBFF00&ey=00FF04&er=FBFF00&pi=7A7878&nk=FBFF00&ch=FBFF00&eg=7A7878&sk=7A7878&abs=FBFF00&bt=FBFF00&cod=FBFF00&ull=FBFF00&lk=FBFF00&lll=FBFF00&lft=FBFF00&url=000000&rk=000000&lrl=000000&rft=000000&slt=FBFF00&sli=000000&srt=000000&sri=FBFF00&ula=000000&lel=000000&lla=000000&lw=000000&lh=FFFFFF&ura=FBFF00&rel=FBFF00&rla=FBFF00&rw=FBFF00&rh=FFFFFF&bg=FFFFFF&rb=7A7878&gr=7A7878&qu=000000&wg=true&imperialfistpad=true&ti=FFFFFF&/spacemarine.jpg

Chapter Colors: Quartered Yellow and Black with White Hands. Veterans have the black half of their helm painted in White. Apothecaries helm is full white, Librarians will have a Yellow/Blue color scheme and Tech Marines will be Yellow/Red with Veterans Yellow/White. The Chapter Master will also have a full white helm with a laurel on it while captains will run with the veteran theme with a Laurel. The white fists and white on the helm represent the purity of their souls and their mission to purify the galaxy for all mankind under the Emperor's Protection.

All Sergeants, Leiutenants and Captains are Veterans.

-= Cult of the Argent Fists =-

The Argent Fists reviewed and took after their parent legion in many ways. One of the many lessons they learned from the Imperial Fists Legion was how cults worked and helped excel personal and teamwork skills on the battlefield. They have taken this idea and formed a inter-chapter cult revolving around competition and skill. Veterans do not mean they are older than their brothers of non-veteran status like most other chapters. The Argent Fists consider veterancy a rank that is to earned through competition. If the older marine is not the best then they should be taking orders from the best. In this sense the Veteran Company, 1st Company, is never fielded unless the entire chapter is fielded in the same battle. This has only happened on a few occasions. 

The Cult of the Argent Fists focuses on all skills related to battle. From siege-craft to black-ops, all skills are tested and in constant competition with their brothers. Every position in the entire chapter is available for the Rite of Challenge and there have been many times where a chapter master had been demoted or re-promoted based off the needs of the chapter at the time. However, the current chapter master, Chapter Master Achaeus, has been not been beaten or removed from position for thirty years now and has not had a challenge in over fifteen years.

Another aspect of the Cult of the Argent Fists is that they view the loss of flesh a very dishonorable act. Hence their some-what heated rivalry with the Iron Hands and their successors. The Argent Fists believe that their flesh was made perfect by the Emperor and any adjustments not granted by him or his sons is just short of Heresy.  They feel sorrow for their brothers of the Iron Hands and will go out of their way to help them achieve honor in the hopes of them realizing their wayward direction and will change their opinions about the flesh being weak. Because in their reality the flesh is sacred. This idolization of their own flesh has caused some unique rituals to be performed on marines that neglect their duty. This punishment usually involves the amputation of fingers to make up for disgraces in the field of battle or other areas and when honor is restored they are grafted new vat grown fingers to replace their lost appendages. 

-= Painting Guides =-

(BLENDING) NMM-Reflective Armor Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAlDMGiHbX0

Imperial Fists Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njXoBDMUduM

Edited by Aothaine

The Argent Fists patrol a sector nearby the Iron Fists sector and have had many encounters with their fellow loyalists. These enounters have been

This seems incomplete. And are the "Iron Fists" referenced the canon Chapter described in this Lexicanum article?

In the end they decided that the Orks would be a good training tool for their future potential recruits and culled every few years to keep their numbers in check. The Human tribes are in a constant state of war with the barbaric Orks that live on this planet and it is those wars that forge the future of the chapter.

I doubt any Space Marine Chapter will tolerate a hostile xeno presence on any of the Imperium's worlds, much less its own Chapter planet. A better explanation is the sheer difficulty in eliminating an Ork infestation (the fast-breeding xenos continue to infest Valhalla 10,000 years after the War of Survival), forcing the Chapter's leaders to draft the planet's entire population in the war to cleanse one of the Imperium's worlds. Say each of the Argent Fists companies establishes a fortified camp on the planet's surface, providing nearby human settlements protection AS WELL AS combat training so the settlements can defend themselves, holding athletic events and martial arts tournaments to evaluate potential recruits, and fostering a sense of independence and self-sufficiency in the Marines themselves?

The Argent Fists patrol a sector nearby the Iron Fists sector and have had many encounters with their fellow loyalists. These enounters have been

This seems incomplete. And are the "Iron Fists" referenced the canon Chapter described in this Lexicanum article?

Yeah I'm still working on it. It will go through a few edits before it reads correctly and in the right order. I'm just trying to get ideas down on paper and will shuffle through them as I continue to build the WIP thread. Love that we can edit the posts and spruce them up a bit here! Also, no. I meant Iron Hands lol! I'll get that corrected soon.

In the end they decided that the Orks would be a good training tool for their future potential recruits and culled every few years to keep their numbers in check. The Human tribes are in a constant state of war with the barbaric Orks that live on this planet and it is those wars that forge the future of the chapter.

I doubt any Space Marine Chapter will tolerate a hostile xeno presence on any of the Imperium's worlds, much less its own Chapter planet. A better explanation is the sheer difficulty in eliminating an Ork infestation (the fast-breeding xenos continue to infest Valhalla 10,000 years after the War of Survival), forcing the Chapter's leaders to draft the planet's entire population in the war to cleanse one of the Imperium's worlds. Say each of the Argent Fists companies establishes a fortified camp on the planet's surface, providing nearby human settlements protection AS WELL AS combat training so the settlements can defend themselves, holding athletic events and martial arts tournaments to evaluate potential recruits, and fostering a sense of independence and self-sufficiency in the Marines themselves?

That could work too. I know there are other planets, Catachan is one, that they think are evolutions of Tyranids that are out of the hive mind's range. I was going along with that when I was thinking about using the Orks as a means to train potential recruits. But they understand how dangerous an Ork infestation can be so they are sure to keep the Ork numbers down and make sure that when they show signs of advancing too much they perform strikes to push the Orks back into the stone age which is where they want them to be to fight against the human tribes. At least that was my idea. But it does go against the whole purifying the galaxy of all chaos and xenos mission they have. I just wanted something different than the generic death world/fleet-based chapter. 

I could see them helping protect the human tribes and training them in competitions to become recruits though. Much like how the movie 300 portrayed the Spartans training their future recruits. Then the Ork infestation is just that. An Ork infestation. But the planet has not gone through exterminatus due to it being a chapter planet and a vital resource to the Imperium maybe? Though that could cause some serious problems with the Inquisition. Hell they could even brand the Argent Fists traitors for protecting their home planet. So I need to find a way that will allow them to stay on this planet, protect this planet and prevent it from getting nuked basically. Maybe the Orks being there is a secret? I mean... how often does an Inquisitor visit a Chapter Planet? There is also past evidence of worlds being left alone after xenos incursions. Perhaps this could be how. Can Space Marine chapters prevent Inquistors from nuking their Chapter Planet?

Easy To Build: Primaris Space Marine Intercessors - $15

Wraithbone Base (Spray)
Waithbone (Layer)
-= Black =-
Abaddon Black (Base)
Eshin Grey (Layer)
-=Yellow=-
Iyanden Yellow (Contrast)
Dorn Yellow (Layer)
-=Details=-
Skeleton Horde (Contrast)
Flesh Tearer Red (Contrast)
Snakebite Leather (Contrast)
Corax White (Layer) - For Leather
Leadbelcher (Layer)
Apothecary White (Contrast)
Wazdakka Red (Layer)
Evil Sunz Scarlet (Layer)

Edited by Aothaine

Then the Ork infestation is just that. An Ork infestation. But the planet has not gone through exterminatus due to it being a chapter planet and a vital resource to the Imperium maybe?

Valhalla and Armageddon were both spared Exterminatus, as both planets remain of value, despite the Ork infestation. Exterminatus is a last resort, anyways, as its execution will reduce a planet to a dead world (not to be confused with a death world), of absolutely no value to the Imperium; you don't need to use "It's a Chapter planet," as an excuse to spare it from orbital bombardment.

Though that could cause some serious problems with the Inquisition. Hell they could even brand the Argent Fists traitors for protecting their home planet. So I need to find a way that will allow them to stay on this planet, protect this planet and prevent it from getting nuked basically. Maybe the Orks being there is a secret? I mean... how often does an Inquisitor visit a Chapter Planet?

According to Graham McNeill's The Chapter's Due, the Inquisition has a listening post on each and every Chapter planet, monitoring all Space Marine Chapters for signs of corruption and treasonous plots. Of course, the Inquisition does NOT always succeed in doing so.

There is also past evidence of worlds being left alone after xenos incursions. Perhaps this could be how. Can Space Marine chapters prevent Inquistors from nuking their Chapter Planet?

Only if they're powerful enough. The Space Wolves successfully defied the Inquisition after the First War for Armageddon, but they have the prestige of being a First Founding Chapter, goodwill earned and allies won over the Chapter's millennia of history, in addition to dissent within the Inquisition itself regarding its decision (in Aaron Dembski-Bowden's The Emperor's Gift, a Grey Knight considers it an act of heresy to subject Fenris to orbital bombardment). The Astral Claws were NOT powerful enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSR_xReAQxA

Zandri Dust - Primer

Wraith Bone - Primer

Iyandan Yellow - Contrast

Dorn Yellow - Dry Brush

Black Templar - Contrast

Eshin Grey - Dry Brush

Wyldwood - Contrast (Leather)

Flesh Tearer's Red - Contrast (Purity Seal)

Skeleton Horde - Contrast (Paper)

Guilliman Flesh - Contrast (Skin)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR5A1DOWJ4E

Edited by Aothaine

• 2 weeks later...

Working on my first Vow now.

med_gallery_69175_15801_373762.jpg

Cleaned and glued together. Next step, Priming in Zandri Dust then Priming with a Zenithial Highlight in Wraithbone Spray. Picture coming soon. Waiting for the paint to dry. I will eventually move this guide to a spoiler section of the original post when I get the paint scheme down correctly.

Step 2: Prime with Zandri Dust and then use a Zenithal Highlight of Wraithbone Spray. I might have used too much Wraithbone in the picture and the light is seeming to take out most of the contrast that can be seen on the models. When I get a better picture I will upload it.

med_gallery_69175_15801_630180.jpg

Edited by Aothaine

med_gallery_69175_15801_394827.jpg

Here is the Iyanden Yellow applied to the miniature in sunlight. On the edge of the left shoulder pad you can see a small part of the yellow that I was aiming for. The rest of the model turned out to be a lot oranger that I would like. So, When I'm applying the Iyanden Yellow to the next models I work with I will need to water it down or put it on and soak back up most of the paint. It looks more like I would just need a Yellow wash to get the yellow that I'm aiming for which is the sulfur look from GW's examples on the Iyanden Yellow Contrast paint. I will be building more minis in the future to do more testing on this. Also both models I primed yesterday turned out really grainy. Turns out I was spraying them from too far away and the paint was drying before it reached the model. I will be spraying closer to the next models to try and prevent that. Some good lessons learned here. Also, I ended up painting both my miniatures that I had primed and I learned that I should have done one at a time. That way I could have painted the second in the method I described above.

Continuing this post over in the Liber Astartes section where I have finished a good portion of my DIY chapter for the LASC 2019 event. Please allow this post to fade into the background as a lot of information regarding the chapter has changed.