E TENEBRAE LUX vow

Demoulius

I Demoulius, rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX on the side of the Blood Angels forum and vow to complete 5 jump pack assault marines with powersword sargeant and 2 plasmagunners, 3 inceptors with assault bolters and a Slamguinius captain (jump pack, storm shield and thunderhammer) and a Librarian dreadnought with heavy flamer; for the total value of 507 points on or before September 1st, 2019. Succes will bring me eternal glory and failure will doom me to wear the Badge of the oathbreaker unil the year-end.

Hey all,

Havent made this post yet as I kinda forget :blush.: however I have made progress fotos and will be posting those now :happy.:

The Capn MCsmashy face is done already actually. So il start with him :) sadly though im having some trouble getting the pictures where hes completed off my phone but il be sure to fix that before the end date.

Captain:

gallery_11639_3674_969442.jpg

My captain after he charged (and killed on the charge) a genestealer patriarch (or whatever the genestealer lord was called)

gallery_11639_3674_537338.jpg

And this is him just after he finished his charge move on a Khornate blender lord.... Who ALSO did not survive the charge :D

Assault marines and Inceptors:

gallery_11639_3674_1527797.jpg

Not much to say, right after basecoat.

gallery_11639_3674_1473270.jpg

and a progress shot after i had done the first layer of red. The one with his arm on the floor has since been finished and im working on the 2nd plasmagunner!

Will update with progress soon! :)

Update: I renembered I shared the picture with a buddy of mine. We sometimes update eachother with our painting progress and in this case I could easily take the pictures from that, no need to excorcise my phone first ^_^

Picture 1:

gallery_11639_3674_136536.jpg

Picture 2:

gallery_11639_3674_57504.jpg

Picture 3:

gallery_11639_3674_59113.jpg

Insanely happy with how he turned out ^_^ got the model as a birthday present and im very happy that I managed to give him a good paintjob!

I'd love a parts list for that captain when this is all over... I obviously need more of them!

I have passed the compliment to my friend who made the model. He made it for my birthday ^_^

The backpack, head, shield and the shoulderpad I know as ive supplied those myself. They are from our very own blood angel boxes. The angel shoulder pad on the shield arm is from the sanguinary guard box IIRC and the backpack is from the death company box. The shield (and I think shieldarm as well) is from our assault terminator box. The head is from the assault terminator box as well.

The body is from the new Marneus Calgar (primaris version). He adjusted the backpack a little bit to accomadate the jumppack.

The right arm with the hammer is an interesting subject. It is made up of a grey knight deamon hammer, belonging to grandmaster Voldus, combined with a heavy thunder hammer head. He greenstuffed the blood drops on the hammerhead, covering up the inquisitorial icons.The shoulderpad on that arm also belongs to the Calgar model.

The tabard is from the primaris captain.

I am not entirely sure where the carnifex head on the base comes from nor the flames from the backpack.

Hope that helps abit :)

Ahh, calgar. That's be why I didn't recognise those bits. Still not encountered him in the flesh so to speak since the new model. And I must confess I still haven't picked up the ba assault terminator box - I've got loads of terms of all varieties that I hardly use these days anyway and it seemed like a waste but maybe I should just get it for the blingy bits. My compliments to your friend on the build, and on your painting.

Ive been painting like a mad man since yesterday and today :blush.: heading off for dinner in a few minutes so figured id quickly post some pictures of my project.

Liby dreadnought:

Base coat

gallery_11639_3674_42650.jpg

Painted front:

gallery_11639_3674_665062.jpg

Painted rear:

gallery_11639_3674_241670.jpg

And the assault squad done:

gallery_11639_3674_585440.jpg

Im heading off to eat now. Il post a picture of the interceptors and a group shot later one :)

Great work, Demoulius! They look very cool, and a nice Libby Dread conversion, too!

Is your Captain on a bigger base because of the bulk of the Primaris model?

Yeah the base is slightly bigger I think. But its an HQ model so I dont mind to much :)

gallery_11639_3674_665062.jpg

That's the one thing where I've decided against rule of cool. The base is just so much bigger than from a normal Librarian Dreadnought which would make it a whole lot harder for me to charge the targets my opponent doesn't want me to charge lol

I dont mind to much. Same as the Captain, its an HQ model.

Gotta have those bad ass models if you are a tabletop wargamer amiright? :D

Also of all the things that threaten the health of a liby dread in a charge generally the numbers that they come in arent the main thing that im worrying about.

Great work, Demoulius! They look very cool, and a nice Libby Dread conversion, too!

Is your Captain on a bigger base because of the bulk of the Primaris model?

Yeah the base is slightly bigger I think. But its an HQ model so I dont mind to much

Yeah no worries. Some in my gaming group would frown at bigger bases for HQ’s with auras, so it’s kind of out for me. :rolleyes:

Great effort nonetheless!

Its the base that came with the snapfit dread which the conversion is based on though. But yeah I can see their point.

I dont model for advantage but can see that in a more competitive enviroment people could have a problem with it.

Its the base that came with the snapfit dread which the conversion is based on though. But yeah I can see their point.

I dont model for advantage but can see that in a more competitive enviroment people could have a problem with it.

Yeah it's the regular sized base for Redemptor Dreads. The thing is that the Librarian Dread is not a Redemptor Dread and thus usually has a MUCH smaller base. ;)