Can we now transfer Wt and relic to non founding chapter?

angrom

Hi All,

I had a look at the normal space marine book stratagem "Hero of the chapter" and "Relics of the chapter"

The way they are worded is "Your army can have one additional chapter relic" (Nothing specific about the chapter it is coming from)

and "Select an ADEPTUS ASTARTES CHARACTER" and select a warlord trait for him.

So let's say I have a soup army with a detachment of Ultramarines and a detachment of Deathwatch (and I know I have to giveup on the doctrines)

Can I use these stratagem to give regular space marine relic and warlord trait to my deathwatch character?

In that case if the effect specify "CHAPTER" because it is on a deathwatch character in a deathwacth detachment does this keyword become "DEATHWATCH" ?

I know this might FAQd but the way I read it right know seems like there is no restrictions.

KEYWORDS

Throughout this book you will come across the <CHAPTER> keyword. This is shorthand for a keyword of your choosing, as described below.

<CHAPTER>

All Space Marines units are drawn from a Chapter. When you include such a unit in your army, you must nominate which Chapter it is from and then replace the <CHAPTER> keyword in every instance on its datasheet with the name of your chosen Chapter. ...

You cannot choose the BLOOD ANGELS, DARK ANGELS, DEATHWATCH, GREY KNIGHTS, LEGION OF THE DAMNED or SPACE WOLVES keyword when nominating which Chapter a unit is from. Rules for these Chapters are detailed in other publications. In addition, LIBRARIAN units cannot be from the BLACK TEMPLARS Chapter.

So, no - you can't because you can't replace <CHAPTER> with DEATHWATCH per the rules from the Codex - I bolded the relevant part. No need for a FAQ, it's already in the rules.