Can we use space marine relic and WT thanks to stratagem

angrom

Hi All,

I had a look at the normal space marine book stratagem "Hero of the chapter" and "Relics of the chapter"
The way they are worded is "Your army can have one additional chapter relic" (Nothing specific about the chapter it is coming from)
and "Select an ADEPTUS ASTARTES CHARACTER" and select a warlord trait for him.

So let's say I have a soup army with a detachment of the new marines and a detachment of Deathwatch (and I know I have to giveup on the doctrines)
Can I use these stratagems to give regular space marine relic and warlord trait to my deathwatch character?
In that case if the effect specify "CHAPTER" because it is on a deathwatch character in a deathwacth detachment does this keyword become "DEATHWATCH" ?
I know this might FAQd but the way I read it right now seems like there is no restrictions.

Edited by angrom

Alternatively, assuming the wording is correct, you may be able to use the space marine strat to give a second deathwatch character a deathwatch warlord trait. You can't cross flow traits and relics, but like Mr4Minutes said, you should be able to use some of the stratagems themselves on DW units because of the Adeptus Astartes key word focus.

I just wish I could run mono codex to do all of that...

I don't have the codex but I think one of the handy ones was taking half damage on dreadnaughts? Gonna be handy for Relic Contemptors, chaplains and leviathan dreadnaughts.

I don't have the codex but I think one of the handy ones was taking half damage on dreadnaughts? Gonna be handy for Relic Contemptors, chaplains and leviathan dreadnaughts.

I have a feeling that this will get nerfed for Leviathan Dreads pretty quickly once GW realizes how underpriced it is, CP wise.  Compare to the similar nerf to Rotate Ion Shields on Knight Castellans.  In the meantime, yes it's a very powerful combo for the already hard to beat Leviathan.

Just for clarification purposes, it’s not actually the codex that stops you from using the Adeptus Astartes stratagems from C:SM on non C:SM Adeptus Astartes units but the FAQ for C:SM.

Under prior Big FAQs this was completely legal and still legal for other armies like Chaos Space Marines. This months FAQ may change the ruling for everyone.