Tzangors amelioration sprue

BolterZorro

I've ordered my first box of thousand sons. The start collecting. In fact, I need Arhiman for my CSM army (already have 2 DP). I never started TS just because of the so thin pool of units choice. But I'm so in love for them and....I NEED Magnus! lol

So, in this box, there are 2 tzangors amelioration sprues. I think that (a bit later) I'll get 30 tzangors with ameliorations.

- I see many competitive lists with at least one pack of 30 tzangors, but most often 2 packs. Are those ameliorations interesting? must have? or useless?

- Is one pack of tzangors enough?

I don't know the codex enough yet to decide for the next tzangors...

(PS: I don't like the cultists. so, no cultists even if I already have a big CSM army. Same for horrors).

I am not sure what you mean by amelioration sprues. If you are talking about the sprues with chainsword and pistol, don't bother with them. For the single pistol shot at S3 you lose -1 AP on your melee.

Tzaangors are good, but if you want to use a lot of them, don't forget a shaman and maybe some sky fires.

Yes I was speaking about those sprues with pistol inside inside the start collecting box.

I think that I'll go with only one unit of 30 tzaangors. (in fact, I'm not super fan of them but they are in that box, aren't they ;-) ?

So, for you, the best (magic) compliment is a shaman? what about the enlithten sorcerers or other mages in TS army? (I allready own arhiman and 2 DP).

Yes I was speaking about those sprues with pistol inside inside the start collecting box.

Then I expect that we have a bit of a translation error - for future reference, I think the proper term for it is an "upgrade" sprue rather than an "amelioration" sprue.