What would you like to see in a World Eaters codex?

TorvaldTheMild

Maybe a Gunzerker option? But the Emperor's Children codex might be a better place for a moritat character...

But the ability to give Khorne Berserkers (and raptors...) Two pistols with their high number of attacks and be able to shoot twice would be cool (especially with two plasma pistols).

Again maybe gunkata would be more suited to Emperor's Children.

Edit: i really dislike space Marines on bikes or really any living mounts in a modern/futuristic setting. World War I and Modern Warfare really kinda put an end to mounted Calvary units.

Just because you ride a giant wolf, instead of a horse, doesn't make it any less susceptible to poison gas, or heavy Bolter/machine gun nests. Riding a daemon construct...eh I wouldn't want that really.

And bikes? Other than attack bikes (where there is a guy driving and a guy shooting, if you could take entire units of guys like that I'd be down) they just don't look right. Dark Angels, White Scars...I want to like you guys more...but come on fellas :(

Edited by Trevak Dal

Personally, I think berzerkers should get some sort of flamer or flame pistol squad option - I always found it strange that, with their chant "maim, burn, kill!", they had no way of burning anything.

Realistically they would not get alot, it would be like the Thousand Sons. Couple new units, lots of CSM overlay, but the Daemon Prince won't be nearly as good and instead of three psychic pools and two spells they get none haha.

I would like to see a legion trait that is army wide to match the new SM's, new berserker models (with enough bits to do 10 pistols or 10 Axes, but kits with all the available options are long in the past now), maybe terminators that specialize in melee and flamers (stealing Dr. R's suggestion). Slaughterbrute. Maybe another melee Daemon engine.

I will say I hope World Eaters and Emperor's Children get their own codex before the other 5 get any supplements. It only feels natural with the mono God legions having their own.

I'd prefer something that kept them in combat as opposed to falling back & charging (doesn't seem very Khornate). Perhaps a rule that gave them a chance to charge back in if a unit attempted to fall back from combat with a World Eaters unit? To represent them hurling themselves at their opponents in a frothing rage as they try to flee.

I'd prefer something that kept them in combat as opposed to falling back & charging (doesn't seem very Khornate). Perhaps a rule that gave them a chance to charge back in if a unit attempted to fall back from combat with a World Eaters unit? To represent them hurling themselves at their opponents in a frothing rage as they try to flee.

That or something like Skarbrand that doesn't allow units to leave combat (if that rule hasn't been nerfed on him)

Chance to charge a unit that falls back, charge a unit that fails its charge sounds more Khorne for sure. 

What I would like to see in a codex is Devourers, Red Butchers, a new Khorne Daemon Engine, Berzerkers with 3d6 charge drop the lowest die roll, rules for a World Eaters Daemon Prince, Angron, updated Khârn rules, and the inability for enemies to fall back from combat.

Contrary to popular opinion, I don't want Red Butchers. They're a remnant of the 30k Legion, and the World Eaters are a splintered, disparate force - I want to see what the Butchers have turned into. Give me new Beserker Terminators, drunk on worship to the Blood God, give me unique and terrifying melee weaponry, maybe some nice ranged options.

But don't give me ported 30k gear. That was from then, and if you really want it then there's the Forge World Index. Give me something that shows what the last ten thousand years of madness and bloodshed have done the Twelfth, and those that they took into their ranks.

Also, the codex absolutely MUST have (in no particular order, mind):

- Killing;

- Maiming;

- Burning.

1.  some mechanic to assault after disembarkation.  

2. access to Transhuman Physiology

3. a fight twice stratagem that works on vehicles/hellbrutes etc

4. a 3d6 charge stratagem

5. unique prayers for dark apostles

1. I could see a rule (or strategem) about assaulting after disembarking where the unit that uses it takes D6 S4 hits to emulate the charging unit pushing/trampling eachother to get out of the transport and into combat quickly. would reflect the WE savagery.

2. resilience is more of a DG/Nurgle thing. how about making it so if you pass morale check after combat, your losses count as a morale penalty for the opposing unit

4. only if it came with a handicap like getting hit on 5+ in overwatch, it's a reeckless charge after all

2. resilience is more of a DG/Nurgle thing. how about making it so if you pass morale check after combat, your losses count as a morale penalty for the opposing unit

Resilience used to be a Khorne thing as well back in the day, with better saves with chaos armour or FnP due to their complete disregard for injuries.

I'm not that convinced there will be a codex, honestly. It's been rumored for several editions and I'm not getting my hopes up.

From a design standpoint, I do think it's challenging to fill out options for all the force org slots within the Worldeaters concept without fundamentally altering it. I'm not arguing "Worldeaters = berzerkers." but I've had opponents contend that Predators don't belong in a Worldeaters detachment, so I'm not sure what direction they can take without running into that sentiment.

That said, I had fun with Khorne Daemonkin in the previous edition and hope for some sort of mechanic like Blood for the Blood God, which offered some tactical flexibility (FnP, summoning, deny psychics). I found it kept me in games when I took casualties closing into melee and forced opponents to give a bit of thought to what to shoot. The list had a much more 2nd ed. vibe with the mix of daemons and marines (admittedly, not exactly Worldeaters). I also would like to see a truly effective melee artifact for Khornate marines to wield; Axe of Blind Fury used to be a great equalizer and it's current incarnation is pretty lackluster.

Yeah I am as doubtful about a World Eater book as I am about my manager actually coming in Tuesday night/Wednesday morning and grilling me and my team steaks. (Nightshift and Fuel center get forgotten a lot at grocery stores. We hear lots of mouth-noise but nothing of substance ever comes of it.)

From a design standpoint, I do think it's challenging to fill out options for all the force org slots within the Worldeaters concept without fundamentally altering it. I'm not arguing "Worldeaters = berzerkers." but I've had opponents contend that Predators don't belong in a Worldeaters detachment, so I'm not sure what direction they can take without running into that sentiment.

To be fair, this same argument could easily be applied to the other cult legions as well. Look at the Thousand Sons: they added a bunch of new units in the Tzaangors, but...they really don't *feel* like they belong in the Thousand Sons, by popular sentiment. They built the DG I think in a way that works with the idea you mention, by pushing plague marines together with supporting elite character options.

*If* the WE get a codex (and I am also skeptical), then I'd expect an expanded model line: new 'zerkers, adding a terminator berzerker option and an HQ kit; probably Angron as well (to sell people on the army). After that, perhaps an array of Elite support characters to push the berzerkers and termi-berzerkers to the next level (as I think the DG elite support options do for them). But I would expect it to be fairly narrowly focused in that it would center on berzerkers and establishing a less monotonous way to play berzerker spam.

After that, perhaps an array of Elite support characters to push the berzerkers and termi-berzerkers to the next level (as I think the DG elite support options do for them).

Hah no.

Only DG elite slot guy that gets used is the one with a decent gun. Core book exalted champions and dark apostles are way better, DG are better off with more regular lords, psykers and more Plague marines.