Top 3 Resin kits do you'd most like to see in plastic?

I'd say

Deimos Rhino chassis

Sicarian

A better multi-part Contemptor Dreadnought (not a fan of the current plastic ETB-Contemptor) with weapon options.

Honorary mention to a return of the Tauros/Venator, possibly a proper Storm Eagle, but I guess that is even further out than pretty much everything else since the Storm Raven exists, so yeah.

Mk II Marines

Mk IV Assault Marines

Krieg Infantry

MkII Legion Marines

MkIV Legion Assault Marines

Contemptor (not the awful static one we have, but a new posable one)

From a mark II jump pack fan, why this this combo popular? You can already make Mark IV jump marines in plastic by combining mark IV tacticals with Sanguinary Guard (I get that this isn't an argument against mark IV assault marines as a kit in their own right with running legs but they're still the easiest to do).

Mk II Marines

Mk IV Assault Marines

Krieg Infantry

MkII Legion Marines

MkIV Legion Assault Marines

Contemptor (not the awful static one we have, but a new posable one)

From a mark II jump pack fan, why this this combo popular? You can already make Mark IV jump marines in plastic by combining mark IV tacticals with Sanguinary Guard (I get that this isn't an argument against mark IV assault marines as a kit in their own right with running legs but they're still the easiest to do).

Mk IV is probably the most popular mark of heresy armour (though I prefer II and III), so I figure it would make the most sense to do it as a plastic kit for assault marines. I guess I am tempering my desires by what's realistic, especially considering they've already made all of the component parts of the kit in plastic. Also, while it is possible to kitbash Mk IV assault marines, the last time I checked the eBay prices for the Sanguinary Guard prices were through the roof. Plus, the Mk IV plastic kit doesn't have enough close combat and pistol arms.

And, it would be nice to have the core marks in plastic as tactical for those who want them.

If we are talking FW models, then probably: 

1) Triaros

2) Macharius

3) Cerastus Knights

If we are talking about GW Resin then:

1) Warp Spiders

2) Kommandos

3) Steel Legion (I thought these factions were languishing more than space marines hence no marine choices)

There's some great ideas here, my own answers were more or less on the spot so I'd probably find other models to request after a few days, my choices are not set in stone. :p

Man, it's a little tougher than I'd like.  I don't mind resin, and this is all supposition on cost, but for actual availability and ease of building it's not gonna be a big surprise.  But I'll toss in one perhaps odd one for the fun of it. 

1.) Mk. II Marines

2.) Deimos pattern Rhino 

3.) Rapier (To have all the weapon options and get to magnetize them all with just one base)

Now, there's some 'combination' options I'd have loved and would have gone with but aren't technically available as a single resin kit: a Glory squad combining the mk. IV command squad with an apothecary and maybe a few new 'veterans' with artificer plate in a box would be great in plastic.  

They're a super easy kit to forget about honestly, Master Commander Ajax.  But they also have a stupid amount of versions of what's essentially the same kit spread between... what, 3-5 different armies?  I'd be great to just snap a magnet on and have some quad bolters one moment, then a quad multi-laser or laser destroyer the next.  

I'd have probably forgotten them too if I wasn't looking for support options for my Voidclade Renegades and Heretics army :P  

3) Steel Legion (I thought these factions were languishing more than space marines hence no marine choices)

Steel legion have never been resin, they were white metal right up until they went last chance to buy. All the old Guard stuff I've bought in the last two years like Regimental advisers, power fist commissar and ratlings were still metal.

That's probably for the best that they were never converted to resin. Still, I would hope a new Guardsmen kit would be nice for those that want it.

Thinking about it more, I'd put Flayed Ones on the top of that list. I am really not keen on those models from their horrible scissor hands to the jockey riding the Necron. I'd like a plastic version to look a lot more like the original metal models. :)

Astraeus number one for me. I would buy one in an instant but I'm nervous of casting issues and bendy weapons with forgeworld resin.

Warhound titan would be amazing.

I would like it if forgeworld would make some kits for primaris marines. Im thinking alternative tank and dreadnought weapons mostly. I like tons of dreadnought weapons and the sicarius load outs but I would prefer to fit them on the grav tanks and redemptor chassis for consistency in my collection.

For conversion of resin gw main kits, flayed ones and kommandos would have been great kill team releases and I would love plastic valhallans/greatcoat guard.

Flayed ones could have a great Arnie from terminator homage with an almost fully human looking flayed one with just a few visible mechanical components.

Edited by Red_Shift

There's plenty of stuff I'd buy if it were plastic instead but currently my top 3 wishlist of Forgeworld models would be (in no particular order):

• Astraeus
  • Barracuda
  • Remora Drones

If I were to consider GW models that I'd like to see getting an update which would naturally mean them becoming plastic on top of getting an awesome re-do like many other models got lately, it would be: Mephiston, Sanguinor, Dante/Astorath.

Edited by sfPanzer