Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Codex 8.5 Ultramarines Successor 2000 pts

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

CCE1981

CCE1981

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 649 posts
  • Faction: Tempestus Griffons
Ultramarines Successors
-Born Heroes (assuming things work the way I think they do)
-Stealthy

Battalion - 5 CPs
-HQ - Captain in Gravis Armor - Chapter Master - Vox Espiritum - Adept of the Codex - Nobility Made Manifest - 108 pts, 4x CPs

-HQ - Primaris Librarian - Might of Heroes - Veil of Time - 98 pts

-Troops - Intercessor Squad - Bolt Rifles - Aux Grenade Launcher -Power Fist - 95 pts

-Troops - Intercessor Squad - Bolt Rifles - Aux Grenade Launcher -Power Sword - 90 pts

-Troops - Intercessor Squad - Bolt Rifles - Aux Grenade Launcher -Power Sword - 90 pts

-Elites - Aggressors - 5-man Auto-Boltstorm Gauntlets, Fragstorm Grenade Launchers - 185

-Elites - Primaris Ancient - Standard of Macragge Inviolate - 69 pts, 1CP

Batallion - 5 CPs

-HQ - Techmarine - Seal of Oath - Power Axe - 50 pts, 1 CP

-HQ - Primaris Lieutenant - Master-Crafted Auto Bolt Rifle - 69 pts

Spearhead - 1CP

-HQ - Primaris Lieutenant - Power Sword - 69 pts

-Heavy Support - Leviathan Dreadnought - 2x Storm Cannon Arrays - 2x Heavy Flamers - 303 pts

-Heavy Support - Mortis Contemptor Dreadnought - 2x Twin Lascannons - 168 pts

2,000 pts
3CPs base + 11(detachments) - 2 (Chapter Master) -2 (Extra Relics) - 1 (Ultramarine Relic) - 1 (extra trait on Warlord) = 8 CPs

Contemptors, Ranged Lieutenant, Techmarine hang in back as fire Support. Leviathan leads the way with Librarian buffing him. Everything else follows. Squads peel away to sit on objectives as everything walks its way up.

Born Heroes allows Characters to Heroically Intervene 6”, Nobility Made Manifest allows the Infantry to Heroically Intervene as if they were Characters. Stealthy encourages my opponent to get closer to stop my extra Armor save for marching in cover.

A 9” re-roll hits AND give Heroic Intervention as if they are Characters (6”) seems pretty solid to me.

If someone can convince me Nobility Made Manifest and Born Heroes doesn’t work the way I theorize, any suggestions on a second Warlord Trait and Successor trait?

Any other feedback?

Thanks

Edited by CCE1981, 24 August 2019 - 04:53 AM.

TotalInsomnia

TotalInsomnia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 190 posts
Unfortunately, I think only ultramarines can take the Nobility made Manifest warlord trait. This list ok other than that. It may have some trouble with tables that have a lot of LOS blocking terrain. Ultramarine chapter tactics may not be bad on this list. Do you still want to go successor?

CCE1981

CCE1981

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 649 posts
Ultramarines warlord traits are available to Successors. The Standard of Macragge inviolate is also available due to a Stratagem.

TotalInsomnia

TotalInsomnia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 190 posts

Ok, I see the warlord thing under the Successor Chapter rules. That's pretty sick actually.

CCE1981

CCE1981

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 649 posts
I really want to give the Chapter Master the warlord trait The Imperium’s Sword to add a little extra work he could do, but where would I move Adept of the Codex?

CCE1981

CCE1981

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 649 posts
I finally got to play this list this weekend...against castling Iron Hands. We had the same number of drops and I got first turn, which definitely led to my huge victory!

The Chapter Master with the Vox did a ridiculous amount of work!

I think I need to drop the Aggressors. I love them so much but I really need something to threaten the back line. I was thinking a 3-man team of Plasma Inceptors or a 5-man team of Bolter Inceptors.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users