IH Legion building?

RandomMarine

In the last paragraph of the IH blurb in the new codex has the IH fully accepting the primaris strain and suddenly being friendly with their successors and working as one to clear the systems surrounding medusa.

This is a massive change for the IH who used to barely acknowledge the successors existence.

Iron Hands and Brazen Claws have worked together in the older fluff so that doesn't seem to be correct. Its the Sons of Medusa who don't like the Iron Hands.

Correction: It's the Iron Hands and the other successors that don't like the Sons of Medusa.

The supplement in 7th ed ended with the IH resuming contact with their successors. IH were calculating which was the largest threat to mankind in the future, and intended to band together to tackle it.

IH and Brazen Claws worked together on Vigilus, long before any smurfs appeared.

Iron Hands and Brazen Claws have worked together in the older fluff so that doesn't seem to be correct. Its the Sons of Medusa who don't like the Iron Hands.

Correction: It's the Iron Hands and the other successors that don't like the Sons of Medusa.

I think that's newer lore. I remember IH and BC having some beef, one of them being that BC got the shaft in the re-distribution of Legion assets/ good stuff like super heavies termi suits etc as a first founding chapter. 

• 3 weeks later...

There's also a difference between having beef and open vendetta. The Flesh Tearers work with other sons of Sanguinius but they aren't friendly and the Dark Angels have 99 reasons to put their traditions above the well being of the any individual Imperial warzone but their grudge with the Space Wolves isn't one.

There's also a difference between having beef and open vendetta. The Flesh Tearers work with other sons of Sanguinius but they aren't friendly and the Dark Angels have 99 reasons to put their traditions above the well being of the any individual Imperial warzone but their grudge with the Space Wolves isn't one.

That's very true, I could see IH and BC talking smack and insults on the shared comms, while maybe the commanders have an honor duel at worst. I think many chapters are like this, if its open vendetta, then that is more serious where outside parties would then involve themselves. A lot of changes have occurred over 10k years with astartes, the ego's and pride are the one unchanged constant. Muh honor and prestige. :teehee:

Edited by MegaVolt87