Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The third Ultramarine to cross the Rubicon

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,571 posts

This is a minor detail and probably not of much interest ot most people. I noticed that there's a third Ultramarine who has crossed the Rubricon in the Ultramarines supplement. First and second are obviously Calgar and Tigurius. Third is Captain Epathus of the Sixth Company. He's described in the Ultramarines supplement as wearing Mark X Gravis plate and having a fondness for boltstorm gauntlets, which makes him Primaris. But going back to previous Codices, the Captaincy of the Sixth Company hasn't changed since 3rd Edition, meaning he predates Primaris by 19 years (our time).

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,080 posts

There's also

Spoiler
too.

So there's at least four named Ultramarines who have crossed it.

Emicus

Emicus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,462 posts
Sicarius when???

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,413 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels and Black Legion

Rubicon Primaris can't stop, won't stop. 

• Black Blow Fly likes this

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,575 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
Are there rules for Ventris ?
The world would be a better place if people stopped complaining about Primaris Space Marines.
=][=
my 40k blog:https://greenblowfly.../alan-seds.html - Terminus Est - Space Marines 247=][=
wc.jpg
Blood and Honor!
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Mary_Sue Mary Sue and Plot Armor are terms used by losers

Subtleknife

Subtleknife

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 421 posts
No rules for ventris

Tamiel

Tamiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 252 posts

Sicarius has one of the most beautifully crafted minis, albeit it has a very static pose. A primaris Sicarius would no wonder be a treat to the eyes.

That being said, leaving him as an old marine would go a long way in showing people that GW is committed to old marines.

Edited by Tamiel, 25 August 2019 - 08:57 PM.

• Black Blow Fly likes this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,382 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
I think lore wise Cassius and Telion probably won't be able to cross the Rubicon - both are aged beyond their prime, but maybe that makes no difference?

I think Sicarius should cross, and I would be interested in seeing a Ventris model - maybe as a store exclusive or limited edition mini.

-~Ishagu~-

CCE1981

CCE1981

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 620 posts
  • Faction: Tempestus Griffons
Sicarius is currently suffering from Astartes level PTSD, I don’t think he would make it psychologically at least. As far as Uriel Ventris, sure he fits well with the Primaris. I just don’t want another Ultramarines Character model until the rest of the first founding get at least one named Character, and one generalist successor character.
  • Lord Raven 19 likes this

Emicus

Emicus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,462 posts
Nothing sorts out the old noggin' like dying on the slab and being resurrected faster and stronger!

Being a glory seeking goal getter like sicarius surely jumping into a grinder for a small stat increase is practically his destiny
  • Subtleknife likes this

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,571 posts

I won't say no to a Primaris Sicarius. His model is just so static, it feels out of place on the tabletop (looks good in a cabinet though). I'd also like a Ventris and while we're on rampant wishlisting, Chaplain Dreadnought Cassius, even if he has to be a Redemptor (though I'd prefer a Casterferrum).

However, I fully believe that there is stuff that should be prioritised before the Ultramarines get anything else. Lots of stuff. Including at least one new/primarised character for each of the other Chapters from C:SM (so the 5 remaining 1st Founding, Crimson Fists & Templars).

Subtleknife

Subtleknife

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 421 posts
Would like chronus remake the jump to. Need a tank commander for my flying tanks

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,382 posts

Would like chronus remake the jump to. Need a tank commander for my flying tanks

Yeah definitely. It could even be a new or generic character.
  • Subtleknife likes this

-~Ishagu~-

crazyterran

crazyterran

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 664 posts

Nope, Chronus should stay as a regular marine to pilot my Achilles. 

roryokane

roryokane

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 167 posts

I won't say no to a Primaris Sicarius. His model is just so static, it feels out of place on the tabletop (looks good in a cabinet though). I'd also like a Ventris and while we're on rampant wishlisting, Chaplain Dreadnought Cassius, even if he has to be a Redemptor (though I'd prefer a Casterferrum).

However, I fully believe that there is stuff that should be prioritised before the Ultramarines get anything else. Lots of stuff. Including at least one new/primarised character for each of the other Chapters from C:SM (so the 5 remaining 1st Founding, Crimson Fists & Templars).

I think you HAVE to be a Primaris to be in a Redemptor (plus the whole burnout thing), but then Cassius is basically like 50% bionic at this point, so maybe? Though we've recently had Carab Culln put in a Contemptor, so I think that would work for Cassius. I'm sure the Ultramarines have one kicking about they can use, and who better to use it than the Master of Sanctity? (plus, you know, I rather like the idea of a Chaplain Contemptor Dreadnought with a preferred enemy: Tyranids rule and a Kheres Assault cannon... but a man can dream!)
But I'd also like an Agemman model. And I want him in Termie armour - he was badly hurt by M'kar, and so maybe he wouldn't survive the transition. Plus someone has to lead the Terminators of the First Company.
Primaris Sicarius would be absolutely baller. I've just read Knights of Macragge. I love what Nick Kyme has done for his character.

There's also

Spoiler
too.

So there's at least four named Ultramarines who have crossed it.

What!? WHERE!? HOW DID I MISS THIS!? Also, his best mate would probably fit into Mk X plate without any modifications. msn-wink.gif

Edited by roryokane, 27 August 2019 - 11:19 AM.

jonjacob

jonjacob

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 185 posts
Yeah after going over knights of macragge / plague war I could see sicarius make that transistion to becoming a primaris.
He was found wanting in many situations and has sworn vengeance against the enemies that killed the men of the 2nd. Given the victrix guard is mostly primaris now, it would not be fitting for it captain to be obsolete.

He'll cross the Rubicon as a means to deliever vengeance and rest his burden.

Edited by jonjacob, 27 August 2019 - 06:12 PM.

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,024 posts

You know I keep waiting to see a Captain Felix show up. He's one of the first, and from the era of the Pre-Heresy. 

• Felix Antipodes and Black Blow Fly like this

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,122 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

You know I keep waiting to see a Captain Felix show up. He's one of the first, and from the era of the Pre-Heresy.

Chiming in:
I would want Felix and his Dark Imperium Bros all to become pretty flavourful Primaris Captains (or equivalents) for their specific First Founding Chapter - with the deliberate option for using them with Successor Chapters too.
  • Subtleknife likes this

q6c0AMP.pngUZREYOk.pngrm0hCox.png4bqeAKq.pngSuMQ47R.png

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,575 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
I’m really hoping Chronus will cross that river so he can pilot my grav tank .
  • Subtleknife likes this
The world would be a better place if people stopped complaining about Primaris Space Marines.
=][=
my 40k blog:https://greenblowfly.../alan-seds.html - Terminus Est - Space Marines 247=][=
wc.jpg
Blood and Honor!
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Mary_Sue Mary Sue and Plot Armor are terms used by losers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users