The third Ultramarine to cross the Rubicon

Toxichobbit

This is a minor detail and probably not of much interest ot most people. I noticed that there's a third Ultramarine who has crossed the Rubricon in the Ultramarines supplement. First and second are obviously Calgar and Tigurius. Third is Captain Epathus of the Sixth Company. He's described in the Ultramarines supplement as wearing Mark X Gravis plate and having a fondness for boltstorm gauntlets, which makes him Primaris. But going back to previous Codices, the Captaincy of the Sixth Company hasn't changed since 3rd Edition, meaning he predates Primaris by 19 years (our time).

I think lore wise Cassius and Telion probably won't be able to cross the Rubicon - both are aged beyond their prime, but maybe that makes no difference?

I think Sicarius should cross, and I would be interested in seeing a Ventris model - maybe as a store exclusive or limited edition mini.

Sicarius is currently suffering from Astartes level PTSD, I don’t think he would make it psychologically at least. As far as Uriel Ventris, sure he fits well with the Primaris. I just don’t want another Ultramarines Character model until the rest of the first founding get at least one named Character, and one generalist successor character.

I won't say no to a Primaris Sicarius. His model is just so static, it feels out of place on the tabletop (looks good in a cabinet though). I'd also like a Ventris and while we're on rampant wishlisting, Chaplain Dreadnought Cassius, even if he has to be a Redemptor (though I'd prefer a Casterferrum).

However, I fully believe that there is stuff that should be prioritised before the Ultramarines get anything else. Lots of stuff. Including at least one new/primarised character for each of the other Chapters from C:SM (so the 5 remaining 1st Founding, Crimson Fists & Templars).

I won't say no to a Primaris Sicarius. His model is just so static, it feels out of place on the tabletop (looks good in a cabinet though). I'd also like a Ventris and while we're on rampant wishlisting, Chaplain Dreadnought Cassius, even if he has to be a Redemptor (though I'd prefer a Casterferrum).

However, I fully believe that there is stuff that should be prioritised before the Ultramarines get anything else. Lots of stuff. Including at least one new/primarised character for each of the other Chapters from C:SM (so the 5 remaining 1st Founding, Crimson Fists & Templars).

I think you HAVE to be a Primaris to be in a Redemptor (plus the whole burnout thing), but then Cassius is basically like 50% bionic at this point, so maybe? Though we've recently had Carab Culln put in a Contemptor, so I think that would work for Cassius. I'm sure the Ultramarines have one kicking about they can use, and who better to use it than the Master of Sanctity? (plus, you know, I rather like the idea of a Chaplain Contemptor Dreadnought with a preferred enemy: Tyranids rule and a Kheres Assault cannon... but a man can dream!)

But I'd also like an Agemman model. And I want him in Termie armour - he was badly hurt by M'kar, and so maybe he wouldn't survive the transition. Plus someone has to lead the Terminators of the First Company.

Primaris Sicarius would be absolutely baller. I've just read Knights of Macragge. I love what Nick Kyme has done for his character.

There's also

Uriel Ventris as revealed in a Black Library short story
too.

So there's at least four named Ultramarines who have crossed it.

What!? WHERE!? HOW DID I MISS THIS!? Also, his best mate would probably fit into Mk X plate without any modifications. :wink:

Edited by roryokane

Yeah after going over knights of macragge / plague war I could see sicarius make that transistion to becoming a primaris.

He was found wanting in many situations and has sworn vengeance against the enemies that killed the men of the 2nd. Given the victrix guard is mostly primaris now, it would not be fitting for it captain to be obsolete.

He'll cross the Rubicon as a means to deliever vengeance and rest his burden.

Edited by jonjacob

You know I keep waiting to see a Captain Felix show up. He's one of the first, and from the era of the Pre-Heresy.

Chiming in:

I would want Felix and his Dark Imperium Bros all to become pretty flavourful Primaris Captains (or equivalents) for their specific First Founding Chapter - with the deliberate option for using them with Successor Chapters too.