Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wispy crosses the Rubicon Primaris (Wispy's Deathwolves II)

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,910 posts

Sup folks. I've jumped onto the Primaris bandwagon, Figured a new era of marines means a new thread.  Previous Thread is Here

Here is my first Primaris wolf pack to start things off... 

NK6OW2C.jpg

• Kolgrim DeathHowl, Wolf Lord Duregar, PeteySödes and 24 others like this

One Two Wolf

One Two Wolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 90 posts
Love them. Your quality is a motivation as always.

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,910 posts

thanks, 12wolf!

some more individual shots of each of the pack members

0CYWCq9.jpg

84XXmnS.jpg

19qJVQA.jpg

ezp2MQL.jpg
hjreOyF.jpg

NRzqwed.jpg

Ts29s91.jpg

oKijx7D.jpg

SV7eG2V.jpg

CcGvmXC.jpg

sul91zm.jpg

• Wolf Lord Duregar, Wraithwing, svane jotunsbane and 12 others like this

Wolf Guard Dan

Wolf Guard Dan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 891 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka
Wispy you’ve outdone yourself. Great work.
*wolf howl*!!!!
'It takes a vast amount of control to be this dangerous.' -Prospero Burns

NightHowler

NightHowler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 897 posts
  • Faction: The Hand at the Gate

Wow!  Those look amazing!!!

"By the River fettered Fenrir will lie till draws nigh the doom of the Gods." - Frey, Lokasenna: 41

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,968 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
They look great! Is the knotwork all decals, or freehand? It looks beautiful either way, but that's some amazing brush control/clean-up you've done if it's freehand.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,910 posts

They look great! Is the knotwork all decals, or freehand? It looks beautiful either way, but that's some amazing brush control/clean-up you've done if it's freehand.

the knotwork are forgeworld legion decals. there's one apothercarion decal the sheet has, which i've cut in half and placed on the sides of things as a lining. 

i did freehand the company badges, though.

• Bryan Blaire likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,047 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Your Wolves are well-painted. Are they from Erik Morkai's Great Company?

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,910 posts

Harald Deathwolf! :D

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,047 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves

Harald Deathwolf!
(Facepalms.) How can I forget him?!

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

HvitrValdyr

HvitrValdyr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 269 posts
Great job wolfing them up!
gallery_48988_6285_4875.png48883368726_f5c6f646e5_t.jpg
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"
-Benjamin Franklin

Truescale Wolves WIP
http://www.bolterand...e-space-wolves/

Chazzmos

Chazzmos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 231 posts

These are fantastic Wispy! Great work!  I think the grey and darker red look lovely together, and they look so good without the yellow.  The black on the helmet fronts is also a nice touch.

I love the knotwork, I wish I'd got some of those decals for mine and done the same as you have for the right shoulder pad.

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,910 posts

thank you for the kind words everyone!

Next up...

NQmNKBf.jpg

• Wolf Lord Duregar, Wraithwing, MeatGrinder and 11 others like this

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 339 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
Very nice. Kind of funny how the Deathsworn shoulder pads still look that big on primaris... (Not weird-funny, but interesting)

Edited by ranulf the revenant, 01 September 2019 - 05:22 PM.

Your friendly neighbourhood murder husky happy.png.

Dantay VI

Dantay VI

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,650 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Very nice. Kind of funny how the Deathsworn shoulder pads still look that big on primaris... (Not weird-funny, but interesting)

Deathsworn do not have separate pads, the arms are all 1-piece.

Absolutely gorgeous models you have, great use of FW bits with primaris.

Do you have any plans for the Deathsworn bodies?

Edited by Dantay VI, 01 September 2019 - 10:41 PM.

• Wispy likes this
ETL 1v2

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,910 posts
the pads are grey slayers. i wasn't planning on using them but i wanted free shipping so i added on to the order a bit.

leaning to building some blood claws with them. my army only has 4, not even a legal squad. probably mismatch some armour patterns for arms, weapons, heads so they looks less heresy and fancy

Edited by Wispy, 02 September 2019 - 05:06 AM.

• Bryan Blaire likes this

Jackalwolf

Jackalwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,662 posts
You're single handedly giving me faith in the future of primaris for space wolves!!

Really amazing how your changes suddenly make the Reivers make sense.

Boytoy

Boytoy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 134 posts
  • Faction: SW/DE/GSC/Chaos
These are gorgeous! Can't wait to see the reivers all painted up
  • Wispy likes this

gallery_48988_10069_2782.png

Kassill

Kassill

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,017 posts

Very cool work here! msn-wink.gif

Lo, there do I see my fallen kinsmen, Threads cut by the foe I now seek. In bloody battle I will engage him, And carve my vengeance from his flesh. No ale shall pass my lips, At no feast will I indulge. No foe shall stay my wrath, Until my brothers are avenged. Ever shall I hunt my quarry, Across the Sea of Stars. Whilst I yet breathe, I will not falter, Until Morkai claims his due.--Bjorn's Oath of the Lone Wolf

Chazzmos

Chazzmos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 231 posts

Those are some sweet wolves, I think the Grey Slayers and Deathsworn mixed with Primaris is a real winner.

• Wispy likes this

Jonas Stromclaw

Jonas Stromclaw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,143 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves,

Really nice work on those, have an ale on me! I'd give an arm to paint half as well... perhaps not an arm, that'd ruin the point, a hand? Two fingers? If I ever find a genie I'll definitely bargain.

Where are the axes from on the second squad (Reivers?)? I might like to get my hands on some to leaven out bloodclaws chainswords.

“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” J R Tolkien

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,910 posts

Where are the axes from on the second squad (Reivers?)? I might like to get my hands on some to leaven out bloodclaws chainswords.

They're from Forge World's Deathsworn kti.

I think they're supposed to be power weapons of some sort, but i clipped off the exhausty port backings on the axe head to make them look more like simple combat axes.

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,268 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Finally some Primaris Wolves I actually like. :tu: Great work as usual. 

• Wispy likes this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!!'' - Dennis the Peasant, England. 932 A.D.

mactire

mactire

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,203 posts
  • Faction: vlka fenryka
They look fantastic Wispy. I'll be following with great interest.
  • Wispy likes this

I recognise my failing and will be sure to correct it
gallery_24878_5332_50483.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013A.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013B.gifgallery_29004_6198_8099.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_Medal_05.gifgallery_29004_10383_1937.pnggallery_29004_10383_927.pnggallery_29004_10383_4142.pngsml_gallery_69091_12729_9262.pnggallery_17224_3229_261.gifgallery_17224_3068_410.gifgallery_17224_3068_874.pnggallery_17224_3068_108.gifgallery_24878_5332_150.gif

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

++ DIMICATIO FORMIDOLOSA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,839 posts
  • Faction: Conclave of Shadows
Awesome combination of bits! Thank you. Will add to the ideas for my wolves.
  • Wispy likes this
Posted ImagePosted Image
"This is not the first time you've been left to fate. I can see it in your manner. It takes something from you doesn't it? Being deserted hollows you out and leaves a void inside. People might say that it hurts, that the psyche aches from the wound. It's not true though. Abandonment does not leave pain. You wished it did because that would be better than the truth. It leaves nothing. Not hope, not pain, not forgiveness."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users