Wispy's Blackmanes - 22/07/05

Wispy

The last of bitz arrived in the mail, allowing me to get back to building with my Suppressors and Eliminators!

yn6Q2kl.jpg

I'm really happy with the Suppressors, who look great in the MKV jump pack. Mounting the belt and jump packs together was an easy business thankfully, requiring only some strategic cutting and no carving. Had a lot of fun mounting the dreadnought smoke launcher on the pack leader's backpack, too.

kI0VzZ6.jpg

decided less is more with the tacticool and the wolfiness for the eliminators here, with just some light fur around their mantle and ditching the goggles. I just wanted them to be something like a fantasy ranger assassin, but with sniper rifles instead of bows.

Edited by Wispy

• 1 month later...

Bit late, buuuuut... phenomenal work on the Eliminators. Glad you found a use for that Phobos Librarian head - I actually might steal that for an Eliminator squad sometime. Actually, since I'm doing Wolves now, I might steal a lot of these ideas, albeit with less Forge World bits and greenstuff work because I'm both broke and untalented at sculpting. :biggrin.:

oh, thanks for the bum, Adriyern!

my painting has been in a bit of a lull now, but I did paint Orm Sagaender, pack leader of my Eliminators, the Longslayers.

OkDb9oh.jpg

WMdGtyn.jpg

going to push through and finish the last of my Shadow Spear stuff. Hopefully Monday's Saga of the Beast moves inspires me to paint more.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes Wispy! I love your style so much.

Some people (myself included) look at the new Primaris stuff and go "oh thats nice (or not) but it's not Space Wolves". You go "right hold my mjød..."

You make all these new Primaris fit absolutely seemlessly and beautifully into your army.

Love what you've done with the suppressor. The jump pack is a great choice and that particular design makes it looks like it might have a hover mode.

The Eliminators have benefitted from that bit of fur so much.

Just looked back through the thread. Really pleased to see you took your army to the tournament. They must have been blown away by it!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...