Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1000pts Starter List (ranged)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Just Alexis

Just Alexis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 94 posts
  • Faction: CSM, Dark Angels and Sisters.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Tyranids) [51 PL, 8CP, 995pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment CP [5CP]

Hive Fleet: Kraken

+ HQ +

Hive Tyrant [9 PL, 175pts]: Chameleonic Mutation, Heavy Venom Cannon, Power: Catalyst, Power: The Horror, Two Deathspitters with Slimer Maggots

Neurothrope [4 PL, 90pts]: Power: Onslaught, Warlord, Warlord Trait: Adaptive Biology

+ Troops +

Termagants [9 PL, 200pts]
. 20x Termagant (Devourer): 20x Devourer
. 10x Termagant (Fleshborer)

Termagants [9 PL, 200pts]
. 20x Termagant (Devourer): 20x Devourer

Termagants [9 PL, 160pts]
. 15x Termagant (Devourer): 15x Devourer

+ Heavy Support +

Exocrine [11 PL, 170pts]

++ Total: [51 PL, 8CP, 995pts] ++

Part of the Rotorua Wargaming Club in New Zealand.

Legion of the Faithless Rose [2000pts 8th Edition]

Lautrec the Embraced

Lautrec the Embraced

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 209 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords
Greetings from the Hive Mind!

I believe your choices are rather nice so I have just some general suggestions:

- This army is pure shooting. Kraken is not entirely useless, because most of your Nids have Assault weapon so you can run just a little faster (also the Chameleonic relic is nice!).  But it doesn't seem ideal to me as imo Kraken is better suited for melee units like Genestealers. I'd think about something else: Leviathan is straight buff to survivability with Feel No Pain 6+ near Synapse, so is Jormungandr albeit with a permanent Cover save (if you don't advance) and lastly Kronos let you reroll 1s to hit while stationary.

- Now, I'm not sure if 100% pure shooting is that great an idea, even for a ranged army. Exocrine is very powerful, Termagaunt with Devourers are nasty but they really don't want to be in close combat. Even your Tyrant can't handle it well. A smart opponent will try to simply tie your units in melee. Obviously it's up to you - if you want to shoot everyone dead, go for it! (and if so, check out Hive Guard and Dakkafexes, you gonna love them) But I'd consider swapping one unit of Termagaunts for Hormagaunts, Genestealers or Warriors (who also can shoot). That way you at least have some bodyguards for Exocrine or Tyrant. Or you can give the Tyrant a melee weapon.

- Neurothrope ain't too bad on its own but since it buffs and heals nearby Zoanthropes I just have to recomend taking a unit of those. Probably not for this list because 1000pts is not much, then maybe when you expand your army.

- Contrary to what some people claim, I don't think that Neurothrope works all that well with warlord trait Adaptive Biology, mainly due to low Tougness and Wounds. But for sure if you use it correctly it will be very hard to kill with its 3++ save and healing. Besides, I don't really have a better solution. Tyrant will be the one getting shot, so he can use it to greater extent, but he will also likely be dead before the Neurothrope.

So yeah, overall an interesting army with solid choices but needs a little honing in my opinion to be most effective.
  • Just Alexis likes this

Just Alexis

Just Alexis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 94 posts
  • Faction: CSM, Dark Angels and Sisters.

Thank you for the suggestions, they are very good and i do see what you mean but i have thought about this.

- I know Kraken isnt good, but idea is to get the Termagants in range by adanving, and having that 3 dice to try get in range for 20x3 shots yes hitting on 5s. (But i am looking at the Tervigon in bigger lists to advance begin them to keep the re-roll 1s in range.) and yes i was looking at Kronos at first, but for this army its not worth having re-roll 1s for the Hive Tyrant and Exocrine well everything else is moving or advancing.

- I am looking at Zoanthropes for sure! love the look of them and how they work, also a squad of Venomthropes to make it abit harder to kill off my Exocrines and Zoanthropes.

- Hive guard do look fun, but for bigger lists i will most likely go with 3 Exocrines.

- and going to the Neurothrope with Adaptive Biology is if it does get hit it will make it harder to kill in any other phase after that.

- I dont want the Hive Tyrant as my warlord since he can be shot by anything without being closest, so i give him the -1 to hit just to make them waste shots to kill that.

- I did think of a big squad of genestealers tho, but i do like the thought of 100+ Termagants running at someone well 3 Exocrines shoot them to bits.

Part of the Rotorua Wargaming Club in New Zealand.

Legion of the Faithless Rose [2000pts 8th Edition]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users