Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How will the Psychic Awakening affect the Grey Knights?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

dreadmad

dreadmad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 252 posts
  • Faction: MIxed Chaos, Marines

I'm thinking either the assault or tactical doctrine, but not sure which would ultimately be better. Blood Angels is Assault with+1 attack in the first round of combat...So scratch that possibility for GK, but would could ours be?

I'm hoping Tactical, as the weight of low quality fire power GK puts out would benefit the most from staying in Tac. Doctrine - however since every GK has a melee weapon I feel it's more likely that it would be in the Assault Doctrine.

I hope I'm wrong, as only getting your benefit T3 onwards is bad in a game that's often decided in the first 2 turns - but it seems more likely to me.
PROFITS FOR THE SHARE HOLDERS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Corvus Fortis

Corvus Fortis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 489 posts
What we won't get is T1 deep strike. That would unbalance the game so much that anyone who plays GK and gets 1st turn will be in a very overpowered position.

Ah yes, that devastating 1 MW smites and stormbolter fire that will kill several gaunts/scouts/rangers from screening chaff turn 1. So broken. I really wish they will limit GK deepstrike to turn 3 just to be sure no broken stuff slips into the game.

casb1965

casb1965

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 511 posts
  • Faction: Warbringers and Grey Knights

@ Corvus Fortis - I assume that is an attempt at sarcasm :)

It's not only Strike squads with stormbolters that you can drop in, try half a dozen Dreadknights appearing in your deployment zone 1st turn.

Captain Coolpants

Captain Coolpants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,852 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights

@ Corvus Fortis - I assume that is an attempt at sarcasm :)

It's not only Strike squads with stormbolters that you can drop in, try half a dozen Dreadknights appearing in your deployment zone 1st turn.

well we were able to do this all last edition, and we were still bottom tier.

casb1965

casb1965

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 511 posts
  • Faction: Warbringers and Grey Knights

@ Corvus Fortis - I assume that is an attempt at sarcasm smile.png

well we were able to do this all last edition, and we were still bottom tier.

True but last edition didn't have Chapter Master rerools, devastator doctirnes etc. So a GMNDK with a couple of buddies can now cause more of a problem than under 7trh ed.

Sweetcurse

Sweetcurse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 79 posts
Casb, just no man.

Yossarion

Yossarion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 37 posts

@ Corvus Fortis - I assume that is an attempt at sarcasm smile.png

Oh, how scary!!!! 3 GMNDKs and 3 NDKs taking up over 50% of the army eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif

Except it can be screened by chaff, and our guns have very low range. Dreadknights are largely overrated as is, and if they don't start in deepstrike you can expect to pull most of them from just about every army's shooting. If they do deepstrike one of them will have a 3++ and the rest will be pulled from the table as a 4++/5++ will not keep them up.

Edited by Yossarion, Today, 05:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users