How will the Psychic Awakening affect the Grey Knights?

Ichar

Wait, where does it definitively say that the reveal is for Psychic Awakening?

Edit: Oh, okay, it’s on the FB page, not Warhammer Community: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/357547-pyschic-awakening-speculation/?p=5375426

Man, thought that I had missed something big time on WHC, was going a little crazy trying to find it.

Wait, where does it definitively say that the reveal is for Psychic Awakening?

Edit: Oh, okay, it’s on the FB page, not Warhammer Community: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/357547-pyschic-awakening-speculation/?p=5375426

Man, thought that I had missed something big time on WHC, was going a little crazy trying to find it.

Yeah I was kind of excited and missed the right location. Sorry! Also, thanks for adding a link!

Not a lot. I suspect it’ll just be everyone getting Endless Spells, including all the non-psychic races because, hey, why should anyone have to miss out just because of decades-long established lore?

Actually with this so close on the heels of the SM codex I'm not 100% sold on endless spells. Not saying it's not a high probability but with the timing of it I wouldn't be as surprised anymore if it doesn't have endless spells now.

I can't find where it says every codex is getting a new mini, only every codex will get new rules. If it was a new mini as well I'm pretty sure they would have used the exact same wording.

If we receive a new mini, it would probably be a new generic SM model (e.g. a librarian or Chaplain) that we are supposed to convert ourselves. I don't see anything implying a unique model complete with custom GK iconography akin to GM Voldus.

I may have been mistaken about new minis. But GK certainly have to get new "primaris" models or at least true-scale ones (like deathwatch) sooner or later.

Why? We get nothing. We don’t get Primaris (admittedly I don’t want them), we don’t get Start Collecting sets, we don’t get Kill Team box sets, we don’t get our own dice sets, we don’t get anywhere near the attention and effort other factions get in Warhammer Community articles (introductory articles for 8th Edition, we got a paragraph when nearly all other factions got their own article, Faction Focus before our Codex was released, we got a single article at the end of the week that was dominated by the other Codex that was released on the same day as ours.

We get nothing, why on earth do you think we ‘have’ to get new models?

Why? We get nothing. We don’t get Primaris (admittedly I don’t want them), we don’t get Start Collecting sets, we don’t get Kill Team box sets, we don’t get our own dice sets, we don’t get anywhere near the attention and effort other factions get in Warhammer Community articles (introductory articles for 8th Edition, we got a paragraph when nearly all other factions got their own article, Faction Focus before our Codex was released, we got a single article at the end of the week that was dominated by the other Codex that was released on the same day as ours.

We get nothing, why on earth do you think we ‘have’ to get new models?

Almost like your playing a faction that is not supposed to exist. >.>   <.<   >.>

:D

I honestly hope you Grey Knights players get updated though. I know the Grey Knights are in a rough spot.

What they need to do is treat GK like another faction and make us unable to ally with anyone except for assassins. Fits the fluff somewhat and makes it so that the buff we get doesn’t carry over to other armies in unforeseen ways.

Then buff the :cuss out of what we do have and balance from there.

Every faction can say this, unless they are SM/CSM. We've got a new mini in 2017, which is not that bad at all. 

Besides we can fare ok now even in competitive games with some allies. GK+DA+SW did pretty good at ESC/ETC. Two wins against eldar, one win against Imperial Knights, very close game against IG. 

If GW didn't care at all, they could already write us into SM codex. Or into Legends Index. But we are officialy getting codex updates at some point. Inqusition, for example, is nowhere to be seen. Could this mean that inquisitors will be back in GK/SoB/DW codecies? 

What they need to do is treat GK like another faction and make us unable to ally with anyone except for assassins. Fits the fluff somewhat and makes it so that the buff we get doesn’t carry over to other armies in unforeseen ways. 

What about Inquistion, SoB, Deathwatch, Stormtrooper allies? Current allies system is not perfect, but getting rid of them at all will make some aspects of the game boring. The main problem of current alles are lack of bonuses for mono-faction and CP farming. The former is already adressed in Space Marines codex and probably will be a thing for all the following ones. I hope, the later will be adressed too at some point. And mono-faction can be good with or without allies - Eldar proof this. 

I don't know, if new rules could completely fix us, but it would be hard to make things worse than they were between april 2018 and CA 2018. 

Em, no.

How can every faction except SM/CSM say they don't get a Start Collecting box? There are 20 Start Collecting boxes available, not just SM/CSM. Grey Knights don't have one.

How can every faction except SM/CSM say they don't get a Kill Team box set? What about Orks? What about Necrons? What about GSC? What about Tempestus Scions? What about T'au? There were I believe 16 different Kill Team box sets, not just SM/CSM. Guess what? Grey Knights didn't get one.

How can every faction except SM/CSM say they don't get their own dice sets? Space Wolves, Ad Mech, Orks, Deathwatch, Imperial Knights, GSC, Tzeentch, Blood Angels, Harlequins, etc, etc. They have all had their own dice sets available at some point. Guess who is missing from the list? Grey Knights.

Tell me I'm wrong about the Warhammer Community articles too. You can't.

How can you not see Grey Knights are tolerated by Games Workshop, we are like Harry Potter at the Dudleys, except they acknowledged him more than Games Workshop acknowledge us.

GW miscalculated that people would buy armies based on fluff as opposed to "what's the best army around" and haven't developed the GKs as much as we want. The Inquisition got the same treatment, started as part of the Daemonhunters faction and have now disappeared in to the ether.

The current range will be relegated to legends soon. IF we make a comeback, it’ll a be only if they decide to make all new primaries GK. Highly unlikely they update the current range PA marines. That’s why we are in limbo, we are being phased out and replaced. But it’s not for a long while I’m sure.

How can you not see Grey Knights are tolerated by Games Workshop, we are like Harry Potter at the Dudleys, except they acknowledged him more than Games Workshop acknowledge us.

Ok, maybe I went to far with "everyone", but we are not alone in the club of hated children of GW. That's what I actually wanted to say.

Some factions didn't get new models since 2017 at all. And many more got only 1 or 2.

What about Chaos Daemons? They got their rules in WD, not speaking of box set. And Dark Angels, Custodes, Death Guard don't have SC boxes. So what, they don't get new models then? 

Yes, GK are not the most popular or selling faction. But there are two ways to fix it - throw away, like inquistion, or get it updated.

And if we are officialy confirmed to have updates, that means GW is going for the second way.

At least we will have new rules. And maybe a new model too. Or may be the entire new GK-"not-primaris-at-all" range.  

Edited by Corvus Fortis

The GK kits are still really good. I also like that you only need to buy one box to build anything you want to build pretty much in terms of PA dudes. Then you have one box that can be normal Termies or Paladins. You guys actually have it pretty sweet and the sculpts are quite good. I am not sure I would compare that to sisters which have had to deal with $15 metal models for over ten years. 

But I understand your frustration. Everyone has it right now with the new SM dex being released and being as awesome as it is. Give it time. GW will show GKs love. It might not be the love you want though.

Did any of the other codexes that came out within a month or two of Grey Knights get a dice set? Death Guard did but I don't remember Chaos Marines, Admech, Guard or Codex Marines getting them. Most of the Start Collecting boxes are 7th ed releases anyway so GK's codex release wasn't that different to the Admech one and actually had a model release unlike the Guard book.

Death Guard and Genestealer Cults are entirely new ranges and don't have a start collecting box. Chaos Marines did have one and now don't. Space Wolves got massively screwed over with their codex release but have two.

The Grey Knight codex doesn't suck because it was forgotten, it sucks because it came early. That's how pretty much every edition of every GW game has worked. Grey Knights sucked in 6th too but no more than other books that came out at a similar time like the awful 6th ed Tyranid and Dark Eldar books.