Sisters of Battle: How do you plan to play yours?

Rommel44

Hey mates. While it is unknown when the new Sisters will drop exactly, it never hurts to plan ahead and make plans in order to prepare for the upcoming new models and Codex, which begs the question on how you plan to field yours. As for me, Mechanized Infantry is the gameplan for me as I love the idea of fielding the Immolator Spam list once again, with being supported by Exorcists and all the other fun things Sisters should have to offer. What are you hoping to field or how when the new Sisters come out?

Hey mates. While it is unknown when the new Sisters will drop exactly, it never hurts to plan ahead and make plans in order to prepare for the upcoming new models and Codex, which begs the question on how you plan to field yours. As for me, Mechanized Infantry is the gameplan for me as I love the idea of fielding the Immolator Spam list once again, with being supported by Exorcists and all the other fun things Sisters should have to offer. What are you hoping to field or how when the new Sisters come out?

Personally I think it is 100% too early to be planning for the models and codex, but that's mostly because I purchase with a competitive bent.

Ideally, we go back to a time where you could play a fast, aggressive, in your face shooting list without it being pretty terrible. In truth though, I'm going to play whatever list I think is the best. It might end up being control oriented, might focus on midrange shooting, hell, might even be CQC based if they buff repentia and the battle conclave enough. 

The only list I'm not willing to run in the new book is the poxwalker horde thing we have going right now.

Ecclesiarchy in separate detachments from Sisters (if the new dex makes this more feasible) with the exception of Repentia.

Likely multiple Orders of Sisters in the same army- Sister Soup!

Primarily infantry, but if GW gives us a flier and a super heavy, I will have a full airwing.

Soup options with Hereticus detachments.

Army will grow by full detachments as a result of triggers that occur in campaign play.

I will mostly be playing mechanized infantry again. I miss my parking lot of immolators, exorcists and rhinos with the occasional repressor. However, I also plan on incorporating priests in certain small CQC lists, and I am hoping we get confessors back that provide more of a buff than +1 Attack. Something more for a midrange gunline, maybe 6s being extra hits or shots, or additional ap. Something like that would just be so helpful as a force multiplier to us. But that bleeds into wishlisting so I will leave it there.

Certainly looking to see which of the stinker units get fixed as well as new things show up and look to include them somehow. The core will likely be the same its been since 3ed, Doms and BSS loaded up in Repressors with whatever looks good.

First Army: In 6-10 Repressors. With Storm Bolters and Melta Guns. Sprinkle in 3 Exorcists.

Second Army: Celestine, 3 maxed units of Seraphim, 3 Exorcists, 3-6 units of battle sisters in Immolaters. 

Third Army: No idea.

Get them into 12" and try and keep them out of melee :biggrin.:

That is what the repressors are for. :biggrin.: We we get a fallback and still shoot Order...... dear lord! :biggrin.: Can you imagine the flamer power with this?

No because it won't do anything because it still won't work on the people inside the transport.

No because it won't do anything because it still won't work on the people inside the transport.

Wait really? If it is like the space marines then the vehicles and the infantry will get the rule. if a vehicle falls back and it has the rules that let it shoot, if models are inside it and the vehicle has fire ports why would the infantry be affected by the same rule? Because they are not physically on the table? Would this go under the auras rule?

Wait really? If it is like the space marines then the vehicles and the infantry will get the rule. if a vehicle falls back and it has the rules that let it shoot, if models are inside it and the vehicle has fire ports why would the infantry be affected by the same rule? Because they are not physically on the table? Would this go under the auras rule?

They FAQed the repressor so that you can't shoot out of it if it falls back. As far as CTs go, models inside a transport technically don't exist while they're off the table(according to the core rules) so they usually don't benefit from things like Stratagems, auras, CTs, etc.

That said, the new errata also states that the units inside the transport inheret restrictions or modifiers on the transport. Whether that includes Chapter tactics or not...I honestly have no idea. I would assume no until told otherwise though.

I know it's been settled and argued endlessly, but that whole rule always ground my gears. In the actual BRB rule, the sentence immediately after the one everyone quotes to justify this interpretation very clearly states the model in the transport can't use rules that affect "Other units," and it cites auras as an example of the type of rule that can't be used by models inside a transport. Nobody ever quotes that line, despite the fact that it's right next door to the thing that is the cause of all our grief.

Now shooting is weird, because it does affect other units, so that's one thing. But most AoF affect only the unit using the act, which means regardless of where they are, they should be able to use it. Either way, I've given up trying to convince people, but every once and a while I can't help myself from mentioning it.

If they can be damaged by the explosion of the vehicle while they are embarked, then they're on the table.

Edited by ThePenitentOne

I know it's been settled and argued endlessly, but that whole rule always ground my gears. In the actual BRB rule, the sentence immediately after the one everyone quotes to justify this interpretation very clearly states the model in the transport can't use rules that affect "Other units," and it cites auras as an example of the type of rule that can't be used by models inside a transport. Nobody ever quotes that line, despite the fact that it's right next door to the thing that is the cause of all our grief.

Now shooting is weird, because it does affect other units, so that's one thing. But most AoF affect only the unit using the act, which means regardless of where they are, they should be able to use it. Either way, I've given up trying to convince people, but every once and a while I can't help myself from mentioning it.

If they can be damaged by the explosion of the vehicle while they are embarked, then they're on the table.

They can't be damaged by the explosion of a vehicle while embarked. They're killed in a way that is utterly seperate from the vehicle explosion's damage.

Well, we'll see what happens. If the Repressors go away I'll be sad. But I'll also understand. The vehicle is stand-alone at this point. The only other enclosed vehicle that I know of that allows units inside it to shoot is the Astra Militarum transport. But those guns are built into the transport. Worse case scenario is that I don't have to spend $500+ on building Repressors.

Dominions with Storm Bolters caged up in Repressors are what I want. If I don't get it, I will be fine. I still love everything I've seen from the new range so far and will gladly sell my kidney for an army of these girls and their LE Codex.

Edited by Aothaine