The Unkind, a XIX Successor Project

Nusquam

Maybe a combination of a death world, small graveworld, and a paradise moon.

The "paradise moon" likely has an archeotech climate control system- maybe even energy shield projectors to protect it from Crematoria's sun's radiation.

You know what this means.

AdMech Archmagi: "We must be allowed to meditate before this archeotech artifact, and study it for Mankind's benefit! You want compensation? Fine, we'll get you a Banelblade for each century we're allowed to maintain a research station on this moon! Here's the first- formerly known as the Dread King and the Dakka Boss, it was recovered from Armageddon's battlefields and cleansed of the Ork taint- accept it as a down payment!"

The deathworld has a lot of raw material and was ruled by Age of Darkness nobles that lay to rest on a graveworld in the system. Perfect for the chapter to liberate and establish roots.

I presume these nobles overthrew the planetary governor- living representative of the Emperor's authority- in the chaos and Chaos following Cadia's fall, justifying the Chapter's conquest as necessary to restore lawful order to the planet?

Graveworld is haunted, obviously.

Will the spirits haunting the graveworld, draw Chaos cultists to it?

The colour scheme and models look amazing.

As for the background; it's really interesting. Maybe the haunted death world/ grave world would play havoc with the librarians, or the Chief Librarian can communicate with the spirits or something?

Yeah the Mortifators were certainly a different take on UM successors in the McNeill books.

I always wanted to do a graveworld display board or kill team board so it's getting incorporated somehow. Spirit communing is going to be a big theme. Life, death, ancestry.

For the black armor parts, it looks to me like:

Prime contrast grey (Is that Grey Seer?)

Drybrush white?

Then Contrast Black Templar over the top?

It turned out really well, would love to know the recipe in general.

I have a primer that is almost a match for mechanicus standard grey. I dry brushed celestra grey and then black templar contrast. After some more dry brushing celestra on places I wanted to pop.

Also thanks all!

Thanks all! It's really fun to work on them. After camp drab and pitch black it's refreshing.

Worked on the banner a bit more:

h6Dqd1k.jpg

Also started on the Libby:

kneUwpS.jpg

YBruFDB.jpg

tPJX8NV.jpg

Q72M9b1.jpg

I've been mulling the fluff around in my head. The RG Surgical Strike Doctrine fits these guys pretty well thematically and mechanically. There's so much I want to do I just don't know where to start. I'm thinking broad strokes. May shake up the Idomidus founding as I want to add contemptors. I don't see why primaris couldn't be put in contemptors. I want to get a DA dread and DG dread and convert them a bit. The DG dread that was converted to a UM from todays WHC articlemade me realize that with little work it's basically a MKIII Iron dread.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the 'Raptor Vigilant' text on the banner free hand or a transfer?

Transfer from the FW RG sheet

Finished the librarian:

t29eCSr.jpgTUy2OWg.jpgNKVq7pd.jpgVmKmFFP.jpg

Also I read through the new RG supplement; seems everything I was thinking of for my Consuls is now an aspect of RG lore. Like seeing the dead, venerating dreads, etc. And for the record I started this thread before the book came out haha. But it is nice that my chapter "makes sense" to be a successor of the RG.

Is the 'Raptor Vigilant' text on the banner free hand or a transfer?

Transfer from the FW RG sheet

Finished the librarian:

t29eCSr.jpgTUy2OWg.jpgNKVq7pd.jpgVmKmFFP.jpg

Also I read through the new RG supplement; seems everything I was thinking of for my Consuls is now an aspect of RG lore. Like seeing the dead, venerating dreads, etc. And for the record I started this thread before the book came out haha. But it is nice that my chapter "makes sense" to be a successor of the RG.

What head is that?