Bryan Blaire

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/08/29/breaking-news-sisters-psykers-and-skeletonsgw-homepage-post-4/

I'm totally doing a little dance here!

med_gallery_59244_7045_43896.jpg

I can't wait, I can't wait! Wonder how many of them they will be releasing at once?

Exarch Images:

med_gallery_59244_7045_29920.jpg

med_gallery_59244_7045_120951.jpg

Jain Zar!

med_gallery_59244_7045_19582.jpeg

New Banshees as a whole unit:

med_gallery_59244_7045_30204.jpg

I’m not sure a dual kit would work with these, and that sort of bothers me - I’m worried we are going to end up with 10 bodies (or even just 5) that will just sort of eternally repeat in each of the Aspects.

Then again, I’m contemplating “raven” style paint scheme Banshees vs “ghostly green lasses with bright red hair paint” scheme Banshees.

I'm not really a howling banshees guy, but I am super excited to see if there's going to be more aspect warriors recreated in glorious plastic down the road. :biggrin.:

And I do have to admit, that banshee looks a lot cooler than the current ones do - it's an exciting time all around, really! :happy.:

Edited by Ace Debonair

If plastic aspects are on the way, hopefully that means rules that make them worth fielding once more. It was the Aspect Warriors that sold me on Eldar way back in 1st edition and these new ones look like a perfect update of Jes Goodwin's original masterpieces.

Pass the Ushabti bone please. :biggrin.:

From the N&R thread:

I'm happy that at least one other aspect is finally moving to plastic, but I wish that it had been Scorps or Dragons and if it had to be Banshees, I wish they had changed up the design a little bit. I've always been on team Squid Head...

3H9tHFB.png

It would not be a miss at all with me if there were not some alternate squid head helms in the Banshee box - actually, it would be pretty damn awesome if instead of Marine a Chapter upgrade sprues, Eldar simply got some “alternate appearance” sprues.

I don't completely disagree with BCK that the rounder cone heads have less character than the Squid-helms do, but I don't think they are featureless or bland, just not as characterful. The Squid-heads look more Wraith helms, IMO, which is kinda cool.

I still think it would be very cool to have some alternate appearance Aspect Shrine sprues, so if you wanted to show that you have some different shrines being included in a single army, or show the difference between your army and another Craftworld's, etc.

They could also either redo the Guardian sprues, or just make an extra Storm Guardian upgrade plastic sprue - I don't think that the Guardians necessarily need a redo.

I assume that the exarch is applicable to this discussion (and I'm surprised that it has taken this long for the exarch to be brought up here):

Howling Banshee Exarch at Warhammer Community

PsyAwk-Sep09-ExarchBanshee-m18co.jpg

Cool, huh? What’s more, Psychic Awakening: Phoenix Rising includes loads of additional rules that will make this incredible new model even cooler! For example, you can swap out your Exarch’s War Shout ability with one of six different Exarch Powers that are exclusive to the Howling Banshee shrine. For example, if you’re expecting to face some elite infantry such Terminators or Custodian Guards, try taking Piercing Strike, which will enable you to forsake one of your 3 Attacks for hugely empowered killing blows.

PsyAwk-Sep09-PiercingStrike-pqh37.jpg

In fact, if you want your Exarch to represent one of the most dedicated champions of their order, you can use the Exemplar of the Banshee Shrine Stratagem to augment them with an additional Exarch power without having to sacrifice War Shout!

PsyAwk-Sep09-Stratagem-bxy2.jpg

There’s another crucial element to the new Howling Banshees kit – check out this variant Exarch.

PsyAwk-Sep09-YnnariBanshee-bn16ch.jpg

Wait a minute… is that an Exarch without a mask on? Yes, indeed! The kit comes with a maskless head option for depicting an Ynnari Exarch, for they walk a very different path to their Craftworld cousins. We’ll have more on this incredible new kit and its variations soon.

(There's more at the linked Warhammer Community post)

I'm definitely down with these even tho the armor doesn't reflect the female figure as. Efore.

Wait - what's not reflecting a female figure about the armor? It all looks pretty female to me, except for the helm-less Exarch face, which looks "elfin" male and has been confirmed as such.

I'm definitely down with these even tho the armor doesn't reflect the female figure as. Efore.

I don't now about the regular banshee, but GW confirmed that the Exarch is male. You can find an image of their confirmation here http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/358322-new-howling-banshees-exarch-miniature/page-4?do=findComment&comment=5385710

It is possible that they chose to showcase male Banshees for both rather than the female miniatures. Until we see the whole unit together we won't be able to see if there is a difference in armors. I assume that it will be like male and female Wyches and Kabalites for the Dark Eldar where both are represented in the box.

Both the exarchs appear to be facing the exact same way - I wonder if the back of the head (or at least the hair) is attached to the torso already?

Still, exciting stuff. If they've got work of this quality planned for other aspects too, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what comes up next! :happy.:

Both the exarchs appear to be facing the exact same way - I wonder if the back of the head (or at least the hair) is attached to the torso already?

certainly looks possible... also the left neck guard looks to be part of the left arm..

I'm also wanting the next plastics to be the Shinning Spears!

they now look totally out of place along side the newer plastic windriders

It is possible that they chose to showcase male Banshees for both rather than the female miniatures. Until we see the whole unit together we won't be able to see if there is a difference in armors. I assume that it will be like male and female Wyches and Kabalites for the Dark Eldar where both are represented in the box.

That's the female armor - male Banshees still wear the female Aspect armor - that's the way it's always been. Banshees are a female Aspect, males that follow the Aspect dress in the female appearing Banshee Aspect armor.

Nice conversion work Keirdale. I, myself, have lots of chaos bits on my bases, and I play chaos too. So I have necron bits, ork, tau, yada, yada...keep up the great work.

Back on topic...so the nice thing is I won't have to go through so many boxes to show all female like I did for my wyches to be all female. Just in my old way of thinking, male wyches would be warlocks, but that's just me. I hope they're 10 to a box...

Edited by Dread

Not only are the Banshees coming but we are getting Jain Zar as well! Take a look at the new artwork. She is dead centre and facing off against an unidentified Drukhari character (Drazhar perhaps?).

I am glad she is in proper Banshee colours as I never liked the black-and-white colour scheme the official model was painted in.

40kPsyAwk-Sep18-Art3uhchdg.jpg

Oh she's a beautiful model, but I still love my metal one so it'll be a bit before i get her but I will. I like the metal one better because if your opponent pisses you off, she'll hurt more when you pop them in the head with her, haha, just kidding. I like the rule they posted for her too, game changer.

Psy-Awk-Sep16-Jain-Zar-1jy3l-665x665.jpg

Edited by Dread

Apologies if I missed it in links/discussions... have they put any release dates out for these yet?

If it's over the next month or two, these might get a look in before buying some scorpions. 

Not that you should pick units for ease of assembly over tactical ability, but plastic > finecast :-)