Nova Reveals!

First impressions aren't great for the PE,

Too refined?

It does look like something that has been built as a (stupid) war machine, rather than hacked together pieces of farming and industrial machinery on sentinel legs.

Alright, having had a trawl through the reveal video of the new Sisters army box, I reckon we're not looking at full kits, but at easy-build models in the vein of Dark Imperium and Shadowspear;

gallery_84244_11417_385675.png

The models flagged 1, 2 and 3 are all duplicate poses, with the only difference between them being that one is helmeted, and the other isn't. Very much how the Eliminators in Shadowspear had the same base model, but optional heads.

gallery_84244_11417_205748.png

The two models on the left of the shot here are the same, although obviously you can only see a bit of one of them.

gallery_84244_11417_791906.png

And again in the Seraphim Squad, we have two pairs of identical poses, with the heads being the only distinction.

So this box is going to be very much like Shadowspear, in that there's a single sprue containing the majority of the squad member models, which you'll get two of, and then 1-2 other sprues containing the remaining unique models, such as the Squad Leaders and special weapons. Probably going to look something like this:

Sprue A (x2)
Battle Sister 1 (Leaning Back)
Battle Sister 2 (Walking, Bolter Forward)
Battle Sister 3 (Walking, Bolter Across Chest)
Repentia 1 (Holding Sword at Top)
Seraphim 1 (Aiming Right)
Seraphim 2 (Aiming Left)

Sprue B
Sister Superior
Imagifer
Battle Sister with Flamer
Battle Sister with Storm Bolter
Mistress of Repentance
Seraphim Superior
Sprue C
Penitent Engine
Repentia 2 (Half Haircut)
Repentia 3 (Blindfold)
Standalone Sprue

Canoness

Interestingly, the set says it contains 25 models and there are only 22 shown so far. Again, drawing comparisons with Shadowspear and Dark Imperium, those sets had as many as 4 different character models for a single faction in them, so it's not completely unrealistic that the remaining 3 could be things we've seen renders of (i.e. the Hospitaler), stuff we've yet to see, or even models that already exist (Celestine and the Geminae Superia would fit)

Now obviously easy-build models with duplicate poses is a bit of a dissapointment, I figure this set will be very much like the previously mentioned Starter Sets, in that it will be your first change to get plastics in the new design, and that the full multi-part kits will follow, potentially in the new year.

The good thing (potentially) is that it means this box could be quite reasonably priced; we know from past experience that these kind of kits seem to be cheaper than their multi-part equivalents, so even with the Codex included, it could easily be

How big do you think the PE will be, it almost looks like it is going to be Armiger size.

IIRC, the old one is somewhere between a Redemptor and Dreadknight in terms of height, so being Armiger-sized or close to it is fairly accurate.

How big do you think the PE will be, it almost looks like it is going to be Armiger size.

No way. If the human pilot is 28-32 mm long, the space between his feet and the base is almost the same, and the space above his head looks to be slightly less. that gives us 9.6 cm max. I think the new PE looks great, though indeed quite different than the original.

I just gotKaramazov, and he needs two squadrons of walker companions. I have 3 legacy Penitent Engines painted, but I am going to by one more, because I'm all about symmetry.

Then I'll get at least two new ones for a third squadron, leaving me with 7-8 walkers in total. I'm buying the 25 model box for sure, so if Pennies on their own come in boxes of three, I'd end up with 4 old and 4 new for 9 walkers in total.

Damn that's going to look good on the table.

Edited by ThePenitentOne

So this box is going to be very much like Shadowspear, in that there's a single sprue containing the majority of the squad member models, which you'll get two of, and then 1-2 other sprues containing the remaining unique models, such as the Squad Leaders and special weapons. Probably going to look something like this:

Sprue A (x2)
Battle Sister 1 (Leaning Back)
Battle Sister 2 (Walking, Bolter Forward)
Battle Sister 3 (Walking, Bolter Across Chest)
Repentia 1 (Holding Sword at Top)
Seraphim 1 (Aiming Right)
Seraphim 2 (Aiming Left)

Sprue B
Sister Superior
Imagifer
Battle Sister with Flamer
Battle Sister with Storm Bolter
Mistress of Repentance
Seraphim Superior

Sprue C
Penitent Engine
Repentia 2 (Half Haircut)
Repentia 3 (Blindfold)

Standalone Sprue

Canoness

Interestingly, the set says it contains 25 models and there are only 22 shown so far. Again, drawing comparisons with Shadowspear and Dark Imperium, those sets had as many as 4 different character models for a single faction in them, so it's not completely unrealistic that the remaining 3 could be things we've seen renders of (i.e. the Hospitaler), stuff we've yet to see, or even models that already exist (Celestine and the Geminae Superia would fit)

Now obviously easy-build models with duplicate poses is a bit of a dissapointment, I figure this set will be very much like the previously mentioned Starter Sets, in that it will be your first change to get plastics in the new design, and that the full multi-part kits will follow, potentially in the new year.

The good thing (potentially) is that it means this box could be quite reasonably priced; we know from past experience that these kind of kits seem to be cheaper than their multi-part equivalents, so even with the Codex included, it could easily be £80 or even less.

I could see this, yes. But one thing.

There's no way it's going to be that cheap, it comes with a Limited Edition version of the codex. Because of that, and known GW, I could see it being up to the same price as Dark Imperium.

The good thing (potentially) is that it means this box could be quite reasonably priced; we know from past experience that these kind of kits seem to be cheaper than their multi-part equivalents, so even with the Codex included, it could easily be £80 or even less.

There's no way it's going to be that cheap, it comes with a Limited Edition version of the codex. Because of that, and known GW, I could see it being up to the same price as Dark Imperium.

I'll be honest, I hadn't noticed that the Codex was a limited version, and that will surely make a difference.

That said, it's half as many models and a smaller hardback than Dark Imperium contains. I appreciate that DI is a loss leader, but i still think it would feel a bit rough if this came in at the same price.

I'll be honest, I hadn't noticed that the Codex was a limited version, and that will surely make a difference.

That said, it's half as many models and a smaller hardback than Dark Imperium contains. I appreciate that DI is a loss leader, but i still think it would feel a bit rough if this came in at the same price.

It's GW. It'll probably be that much, or close to it, and STILL probably sell out within a day/few hours :laugh.:

Edited by Gederas

It's GW. It'll probably be that much, or close to it, and STILL probably sell out within a day/few hours :laugh.:

Hundreds or even thousands of people have been waiting for this release for years. This is going to sell out in the first hour it is released for pre-order. I'll be calling my local GW tonight to find out when I can reserve a box for myself to make sure I get my copy as it might release when I'm sleeping or at work.

IIRC, the old one is somewhere between a Redemptor and Dreadknight in terms of height, so being Armiger-sized or close to it is fairly accurate.

Not even sure it's that big. I remember always thinking 'that's a lot smaller than I thought it was' when I saw them in person.

Also smaller=better on the table for walkers.

Someone on BOLS was saying it is going to be on 40 mm base... which is bunk because you can see a repenta and mistress standing in front of one and it fills the area behind them.  Also a few seconds later in the clip you can see it next the the mistress again.  The tip of her whip is about twice her height, and that tip only comes up the bottom of the brazers on the PE shoulders.

I just can't tell about the base size. In the solo pictures the base looks like a dreadnought size base, but in the group shots it looks bigger than that.  I also can't tell the size of the sister bases.  All of the plastic sisters released so far have been bigger than 25 mm, but they have also all been characters.

Some of the new warcry kits have come with 28 mm bases.  So I don't know if these new models are on 25 mm, 28 mm or 32 mm.

Edited by ValourousHeart

The tip of her whip is about twice her height, and that tip only comes up the bottom of the brazers on the PE shoulders.

The angle of the shot is what is making the PE look so large imho. If it is on a base larger than a dreadnought base I will be really surprised.

Edit: Also the picture of it alone on the website has the legs almost reaching the edges of the base. I don't think it is larger than a Dreadnought base.

Edited by Aothaine

Not having seen them side by side, for me the only 'old' model I seem to absolutely prefer over the new version is the Penitent Engine. However this one, as for all of them, I will wait until I have them assembled in from of me before I can honestly make any judgement.

It feels like the balance on the engine is off. I love my metal engines - they look like they are careening towards combat - but they fall apart soooo easily and are a pain to transport.

Hopefully some creative posing will help.

Someone on BOLS was saying it is going to be on 40 mm base... which is bunk because you can see a repenta and mistress standing in front of one and it fills the area behind them.  Also a few seconds later in the clip you can see it next the the mistress again.  The tip of her whip is about twice her height, and that tip only comes up the bottom of the brazers on the PE shoulders.

I just can't tell about the base size. In the solo pictures the base looks like a dreadnought size base, but in the group shots it looks bigger than that.  I also can't tell the size of the sister bases.  All of the plastic sisters released so far have been bigger than 25 mm, but they have also all been characters.

Some of the new warcry kits have come with 28 mm bases.  So I don't know if these new models are on 25 mm, 28 mm or 32 mm.

The normal sisters will be on 32mm bases, that's GW's minimum size base for average Power Armoured units now. Sisters of Silence who are humans in power armour are all on 32mm bases.

Also, the first plastic Sister was on a 32mm and she's a special Sister Superior model. A squad leader. Which means the normal Battle Sisters are on 32mm bases at the very least.

First impressions aren't great for the PE,

Too refined?

It does look like something that has been built as a (stupid) war machine, rather than hacked together pieces of farming and industrial machinery on sentinel legs.

Yeah, the old PE is blocky, ugly and gangly (these are compliments btw!) and the new one does seem more sleek and refined. I shall withhold final judgement as always, seeing it to scale with other models and in the flesh can change opinions.

I really liked the look of the old PE.  However I didn't like all the pins that broke on it over the years.  Those ball joints made posing very dynamic but were crap for good contact points for a secure build that wouldn't break.  I know that superglue fails over time, but I have plenty of metal models that are older than my PE and they have never broken apart.  So part of the failure has to be related to the model's design.

From the one good picture we have the new PE is a bit more clunky looking than the old one.  But I've found that GW doesn't usually pick the best angel to take the lead photo.  So I'm going to reserve judgment on this until I can build mine, and transport it a couple of times.

I'm just reposting these from SpikeyBits and idk the original source, but here are the sprues for that new Canoness. Looks like it'll take some work to remove and re-sculpt the collar, but the dangly bits on the front should be easily fixed.

I've tried converting enough metal by now that just the fact she'll be in plastic is enough to keep me happy!

Canoness Sprue 1

Canoness Sprue 2

Bummer that there's only one load out. This may be what you get in the big box; they might do a separate canoness box, which may come with extra options.... Hopefully.

None of the recent character blisters have had options :(