Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Primaris Shrike Model

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
276 replies to this topic

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,022 posts

A Hero Is Promoted
If you’re a Raven Guard player, you’ve probably been eyeing up some Vanguard Space Marines. But who to lead them to battle? We have just the man for the job…

That’s right – this legendary son of Corax has got an upgrade worthy of his new rank! Combining classic design cues from his original model (including our first-ever “beaky” Primaris helmet!) and the modern tactical aesthetic of the rest of the Vanguard Space Marines, Shrike is the perfect leader for your Raven Guard.
Nova-Aug29-40k-NewStrike9gr.jpg
Nova-Aug29-40k-ShrikeDetail3ngrd.jpg

CORAX TEASE

CORAX TEASE

THE LORD OF SHADOW

CORAX TEASE
CtjlZnh.png

TIN FOIL HAT *
I FEEL IT IN MY VEINS

RUSS GONNA SAVE ISHA

WOOO IM HYPED

Edited by Brother Tyler, 29 August 2019 - 10:37 AM.
Added text and images from Warhammer Community

• Brother Lunkhead, ThatOneMarshal, GorgeousGoat and 5 others like this
banana

Marshal Vespasian

Marshal Vespasian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,388 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I will have to brush up on my linkin Park quotes for that shrike model
  • Lexington, templargdt, Trevak Dal and 5 others like this

uqpKirY.jpgsml_gallery_48988_16053_22483.png

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,974 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion
Yea they really took a ton of corax' imagery for shrike. The pistol, retracted gauntlets, exposed head and standing on ruins.

I really don't like the feathers and bird leg; he author that introduced that stuff to their "culture" did no background research to find out the deliverance is a barren rock with no atmosphere and khiavar is an industrially exploited, rad wasted forgeworld. And that was before corax bombed it with atomic charges. Stuff like that doesn't change in 40k. The moon just doesn't get an atmosphere, but I digress.

I think the backpack is a little wonky, but the feathers can get an easy snip and it'll flow together with a less bright paintjob.
  • Volt and Slan Drakkos like this

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 940 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard/Grey Knights

If Shrike's helmet is swappable for the head then it's all good I think. The hair is just off. I'll be cutting those metal brackets/stabilisers off his feet and then I think it will be excellent.

• Felix Antipodes, SickSix, Wakkomaster and 1 other like this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,794 posts

Where have I seen that weapon combination before....

Oh, right

99560101475_CorvusCorax01.jpg

Like father, like son.

Also, all you poo-pooing the emo hair. Come on, that's kind of the Raven Guard's shtick laugh.png I mean, the Iron Hands are the ACTUALLY emo ones, but Raven Guard are the ones who always come to mind.

Edit:

Yea they really took a ton of corax' imagery for shrike. The pistol, retracted gauntlets, exposed head and standing on ruins.

I really don't like the feathers and bird leg; he author that introduced that stuff to their "culture" did no background research to find out the deliverance is a barren rock with no atmosphere and khiavar is an industrially exploited, rad wasted forgeworld. And that was before corax bombed it with atomic charges. Stuff like that doesn't change in 40k. The moon just doesn't get an atmosphere, but I digress.

I think the backpack is a little wonky, but the feathers can get an easy snip and it'll flow together with a less bright paintjob.

Well, humanity can and has terraformed planets in Warhammer's universe. And 10,000 is well enough time for it to be terraformed. Also, look at Chernobyl. Radiation doesn't mean life can't exist there. Humans take a long time to adapt to things like that, but shorter-lived species moved right back in pretty quickly.

Edited by Gederas, 29 August 2019 - 12:06 AM.

• Noserenda, Biscuittzz, Spyros and 1 other like this

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,439 posts
  • Faction: The Raven Order, Deathskulls
I guess Shrike watched Spiderman 3 in his spare time.
  • smart_arse, Kinstryfe, Trevak Dal and 12 others like this
Formerly known as CardinalVirtue

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,957 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
That’s the first “jump pack” Phobos (or the Phobos jump variant) model from what I can tell - very interesting.

Inceptors have the Gravis jump variant (no special name given).
Suppressors have the Tacticus jump variant (Omnis name).
Shrike has the first true jump variant of a Tacitus/Phobos hybrid - so what’s it called!?!? (Or is it a uniquely modified suit for him?)

I think if I were doing Shrike, I’d cut the weird swing claw jump struts off and probably just mount the claws straight to the boots.

Also, what exactly is powering all these thrusters if they don’t need any air inlets? Is it straight up generated from the presumably fusion-cored power pack?
  • Felix Antipodes, Triszin, Biscuittzz and 1 other like this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 940 posts

Not to derail the thread and I know I've had this convo with you over in the RG forum before but Kiavahr has been written before as having extensive forests and wild lands. George Manns books are rife with it. Whether you agree or not is a different thing. Nuclear weapons being used won;t affect an entire planet, not even an entire continent. Source: Earth.

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 887 posts

Primaris Shrike gives us a nice look at the possible Jump Pack variants we might be seeing for PRimaris.

My thoughts exactly - I've been waiting for a proper Close Support airborne unit and I guess this is pretty much what they're going to look like when we get them in 2021 or so.

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,840 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade

That new jump pack is sick as heck, I wish we had a unit of Primaris Vanguard Vets with that!. Im super happy they are releasing a SoB army box for my birthday!.

• Shinespider likes this
++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,974 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion

Where have I seen that weapon combination before....

Oh, right

99560101475_CorvusCorax01.jpg

Like father, like son.

Also, all you poo-pooing the emo hair. Come on, that's kind of the Raven Guard's shtick laugh.png I mean, the Iron Hands are the ACTUALLY emo ones, but Raven Guard are the ones who always come to mind.

Edit:

Well, humanity can and has terraformed planets in Warhammer's universe. And 10,000 is well enough time for it to be terraformed. Also, look at Chernobyl. Radiation doesn't mean life can't exist there. Humans take a long time to adapt to things like that, but shorter-lived species moved right back in pretty quickly.
You're definitely not wrong, life can bounce back from all sorts of things. But this is 40k, and planets like Baal are kept in rad limbo with no recovery too.

@biscuitzz yea, Mann is the only one to write that stuff.

Edited by SkimaskMohawk, 29 August 2019 - 12:16 AM.

Slips

Slips

++ ARCHIMAGIRUS RUDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,205 posts
  • Faction: V,VII,IX,XII,XV Legions

That’s the first “jump pack” Phobos (or the Phobos jump variant) model from what I can tell - very interesting.

Inceptors have the Gravis jump variant (no special name given).
Suppressors have the Tacticus jump variant (Omnis name).
Shrike has the first true jump variant of Phobos - so what’s it called!?!?

I think if I were doing Shrike, I’d cut the weird swing claw jump struts off and probably just mount the claws straight to the boots.

Also, what exactly is powering all these thrusters if they don’t need any air inlets? Is it straight up generated from the presumably fusion-cored power pack?

The rods at the top of his pack might be fuel cannisters/rods.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

++Part of the ship...Part of the Crew++

+] Use the Report Button! [+

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,439 posts
  • Faction: The Raven Order, Deathskulls

SoB army box coming. Amazing

Shrike looks awesome but I'm not sold on the head. An easy alteration. He's very much like the FW Corax model.

Psychic Awakening is still vague...

This probably a good point. He comes with a helmet so maybe you can have him wear it.
Formerly known as CardinalVirtue

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,957 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

Possibly, but being Shrike, I immediately thought those were his smoke grenade launchers.
  • Magos Takatus, Dracos and Biscuittzz like this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 940 posts

Possibly, but being Shrike, I immediately thought those were his smoke grenade launchers.

Excellent spot. I thought it was just another windvane on his jump pack.

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,336 posts

i am digging shrike's new kit a lot. genuinely convincing as a dude who can batman behind enemy lines without anyone noticing. 

• Dracos, Lemondish and Lord Raven 19 like this

Vykes

Vykes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,153 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus 65th company

Been laughing with some mates for about 5 minutes straight up because of Shrike.  Hard to breathe... still is... Gear is fine, bird feet (literal ones, not the grav ones) and the hair is just too much.  Way too much.  It's like it Primaris Vulkan Hestan had an afro and sunglasses.  Too meme for me. 

Not a fan of the little tantrum stompy feet of the petulant engine or the guy who looks livid (rather than tortured). 

Sisters look great, glad about a lot of stuff coming out, but Shrike was kinda what I needed today. 

I guess the designer was a bit over zealous with running with the corvidae idea ( RG will carry the skulls of the massive raven they slay as a final initiation test).

Luckily it looks to be easily cut off or removed.

I think it's the 30 year old in me still cackling about Linkin park and Guy Fieri that's come back to heckle me. He just reminds me of that a little too much. 

The Corvidae, it's the feet.  The wings and skulls I can totally deal with, but with that little addition it just goes from being kinda neat and tribal to looking like a holistic shopping trip.  I'm cool with the raven thing, (Got the Corvus Cabal in Warcry so I ain't against it), just, yeah, it's a weird one I can't work with on this.  The beaky helm is pure class though, I sure ain't givin' that marvel :cuss: in any way.  Love it to death. 

• Biscuittzz and Lord Raven 19 like this

gallery_107230_14721_11872.png

matcap86

matcap86

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 211 posts
  • Faction: DA, Custo, Ad-mech, GsC, SoB

Again with the endless clutter on primaris models. They are just too busy visually to even make sense of. Not a fan. Also stealthy mcstealth dude has so many backpack boosters he can't fit through a doorway and so much random junk on his armour he can't help but jingle like a van filled with Christmas ornaments with every step he takes. (Grumble) I don't mind stretching suspension of disbelief, but this is just silly.
Eldar and sisters look good though.

Primaris models are basically blank slates. They have less clutter than a necron warrior on average.
Whatever you're smoking can I have some? Seems like a neat trip.
Also, compare his backpack to CORAX'S backpack and it seems downright understated.

There is almost no space on the model that doesn't have something strapped to it...? Also comparing to a primarch, which are literal unique stereotypes of their respective legions, does not make this backpack less over the top.

CaptainMarsh

CaptainMarsh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,102 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Vigilant Heart

The Winter Soldier leading the Raven Guard? Unusual choice!

• Nusquam, ThatOneMarshal, Volt and 6 others like this

Pieces of paper for impassable terrain? My main problem with all of this is it really takes away from the game. A giant sheet of white paper on the table sort of breaks the theme of tiny fake armies running around tiny fake locales.

Real men play Adepta Sororitas!

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,336 posts

i was thinking bruce wayne, honestly

• RikuEru and Lord Raven 19 like this

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,801 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Oh, I see they are still insisting on the muzzle brake on a suppressor on Shrike's gun. Alrighty then...

• Brother-serpent Tylydox likes this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

ERJAK

ERJAK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,227 posts

Doing this. 100%.
  • Lord Raven 19 likes this

templargdt

templargdt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,038 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens, Black Templars

The Shrike model was what was predicted, and is terrible.  I'm really hoping for at least an option for him to wear his helm.  I will say the intro video for it was really great though.  

• D3L and Lord Raven 19 like this
1 John 4:8

ijLM8FY.jpgO787td6.jpg Sons Of Dorn VII

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,137 posts

My immediate thoughts. Who gets to be Cap?!
  • Lord Raven 19 likes this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 940 posts

I'm mixed on Shrike. I actually like his head a lot - Raven Guard are goth bois, that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. The idea of him darting around and acing people with a silenced pistol is great too. His legs don't quite do it for me though. 

Phobos legs always looked a bit off or flimsy so I think his legs look off because of the added bulk from his jump pack now. Makes him slightly top heavy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users