Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Primaris Shrike Model

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
276 replies to this topic

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,955 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
I think the Phobos legs are that way simply so the plates don’t rub across each other while moving - they silenced most everything else, but maybe that made too much noise?

It’s the only thing I’ve got.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,778 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

I think the Phobos legs are that way simply so the plates don’t rub across each other while moving - they silenced most everything else, but maybe that made too much noise?

It’s the only thing I’ve got.

I would believe that if the shins didn’t have overlapping plates over the Capri Armor
  • Interrogator Stobz likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 940 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard/Grey Knights

Shrike really is his father's son. When FW Corax was released all the hate was directed at his head and hair. Now with Primaris Shrike everyone is hating the head and hair again. teehee.gif

A simple helmet swap will solve all woes. Hopefully the one on his belt comes as a separate piece so it can be swapped on. Don't know how easy cutting would be if it isn't the case.

Was Primaris Khan given a helmet option?

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,778 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
There is one more thing to say about Shrike. It makes sense he’d have emo hair and skinny jean power armor.
  • karden00 likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 116 posts
Like the new Shrike, hope he can actually wear his beakie helmet.
  • Lemondish and Lord Raven 19 like this

RedFox

RedFox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 811 posts

Shrike really is his father's son. When FW Corax was released all the hate was directed at his head and hair. Now with Primaris Shrike everyone is hating the head and hair again. teehee.gif

A simple helmet swap will solve all woes. Hopefully the one on his belt comes as a separate piece so it can be swapped on. Don't know how easy cutting would be if it isn't the case.

Solve all woes!? Can someone please explain that jump pack to me?
  • Master Commander Ajax and Lord Raven 19 like this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,134 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Confusingly for me, it doesn't look like Shrike can actually put his helmet on over the top of that headset he's wearing. The model may come with options (I doubt it and think we're probably stuck with that head) but just from a practicality standpoint it's a little odd.

I also just noticed that there is a bird leg hanging between his legs. Stealthy.

• Marshal Rohr, Nusquam and Lord Raven 19 like this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Death Guard Warband: The Fourth Seal

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 940 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard/Grey Knights

Shrike really is his father's son. When FW Corax was released all the hate was directed at his head and hair. Now with Primaris Shrike everyone is hating the head and hair again. teehee.gif

Solve all woes!? Can someone please explain that jump pack to me?

Ok maybe not all but I love the model and consensus from RG players/fans seem to be similar, with the general opinion that some parts may be over the top.

The jump pack is fine for me. My main issue would be with the claws on his feet but they look easily removable so I'm not fussed.

He's much better than the recent Primaris Korsarro Khan who in my opinion was incredibly boring. 

Tyberos the Red Wake

Tyberos the Red Wake

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,814 posts
  • Faction: Carcharodon Astra

The double-decker grav chute to make a jump pack and the lightning claws on a Primaris model have me super hyped. I can understand why people who still haven't fully come over to the Primaris/Phobos side may hate the model as it is typical Phobos, but the only part I hate is the haircut. Literally every single thing about the model other than that and maybe the giant feathers and talon is phenomenal. I like how he retains what might be his jump pack smoke launchers, too. Like the old Shrike model, the launcher adds a little bulk and flair to the jump pack unit. He also retained his lightning claw power cables, which I also like, and being able to have the stabilizer bars on his feet without having to wear bell bottom greaves and platform pump shoes like the Suppressors is great. The claws having upside-down talons allowing it to flip forward and give him into a claw-footed Havok/Raptor style feet is also a great detail.

• Trevak Dal, Son of Carnelian, Nusquam and 6 others like this

"Grey-clad, they came from the outer night to aid the Imperium, and their jagged maw did swallow the stars, and their black gaze did mirror the void of oblivion."

- The Canticle of Cassandria Lev - Vol.CVI [Circa M37]

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 887 posts

I just know that somewhere, somehow, there is a Raven Guard player who's actually upset that Shrike won't be packaged with a flight stand.

I hope I never meet that player.

• Lord Raven 19 likes this

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

jeremy1391

jeremy1391

++ LIBRITOR VALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,248 posts
  • Faction: Knights/imperial fists

The Winter Soldier leading the Raven Guard? Unusual choice!

My immediate thoughts. Who gets to be Cap?!
Captain Lysander duh
  • Nomus Sardauk, Reclusiarch Krieg and Nusquam like this

Son of Sacrifice

Son of Sacrifice

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 459 posts
I like Shrike a lot, hope he has a helmeted head. Seems like the mk6 helmet on his belt is just his old one?

BTW some of the antagonistic comments in this thread... It's like being on dakkadakka, jeez.
  • Marshal Rohr and Klod like this

Boldthreat

Boldthreat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 378 posts
So shrike is in Omnis armor? That I like. The head (on his shoulders) doesn’t do it for me. It’s the hair. A suppressor head swap and good to go. The mark 6 helmet just looks like a trophy.

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,955 posts
Shrike isn't in complete Omnis armor - Omnis is the modified Tacticus armor with jump pack and the lower boot attachments. This is something different - it's at least the legs stripped down from the Omnis suits.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,794 posts

So shrike is in Omnis armor? That I like. The head (on his shoulders) doesn’t do it for me. It’s the hair. A suppressor head swap and good to go. The mark 6 helmet just looks like a trophy.

Nah, he's in regular Phobos armour. Omnis armour has the jet-boots. He just has a proper jetpack and not what the Suppressors are using.

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,955 posts

Nah, he's in regular Phobos armour. Omnis armour has the jet-boots. He just has a proper jetpack and not what the Suppressors are using.

It's not quite Phobos armor either though - it has the abdominal plating and the full pauldrons like Omnis and Tacticus, not the open abdominal fiber bundles and pauldrons with the cut outs live Phobos.

It could just be Omnis without the same full lower legs - modified to use those swing claw spring strut things, instead of the snow jump boots.

Boldthreat

Boldthreat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 378 posts

It's not quite Phobos armor either though - it has the abdominal plating and the full pauldrons like Omnis and Tacticus, not the open abdominal fiber bundles and pauldrons with the cut outs live Phobos.

It could just be Omnis without the same full lower legs - modified to use those swing claw spring strut things, instead of the snow jump boots.

That’s what I’m thinking. He’s got the same lower mask as the Suppressor SGT. The platings and extra Pauldron like Omnis. His legs are different sure, but he’s got those unique talons in leu of the heavier boots (but he’s not trying to rock an autocannon either and the talons fit more in that regard). I wish he had a group of Omnis Assault marines to go with him...

I dig those talons. It’s got a Raptor vibe to it. I hope it’s not just unique to Shrike in the future.
  • Lord Raven 19 likes this

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,955 posts
Okay, seriously guys, it's a head - it should be pretty easy to either straight up swap if it's a separate piece or to cut out, if it isn't. And you have your choice of beakies that should fit or bare heads, or even some of the Primaris heads without all the messy hair.

And the feathers look pretty easy to remove.
  • stuanor and Lord Raven 19 like this

Arendious

Arendious

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 338 posts
  • Faction: Umbral Owls
Interestingly, Shrike has Mk7/Tacticus-style pauldrons rather than the cut-down Phobos-style.
  • Charlo likes this

"Take this, thy reflector belt, that the Emperor's Holy Light will shine in all the places that you go."  ~Commissar Lemay, Imperial Flying Corpsgallery_48988_6285_18080.png

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,955 posts

That’s what I’m thinking. He’s got the same lower mask as the Suppressor SGT. The platings and extra Pauldron like Omnis. His legs are different sure, but he’s got those unique talons in leu of the heavier boots (but he’s not trying to rock an autocannon either and the talons fit more in that regard). I wish he had a group of Omnis Assault marines to go with him...

I dig those talons. It’s got a Raptor vibe to it. I hope it’s not just unique to Shrike in the future.

I would really like it if the Omnis armor all would be able to have the legs like Shrike (minus the claws) - I can't stand the oversized boots and snow jump shoes on them and the Inceptors, already have to trim those things down.

There's more than one way to skin a weighty cat, and I wish they'd have said Cawl figured out suspensors some as well...

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,794 posts

My deepest condolences RG players. You've been royally screwed. I promise not to laugh looking at your new Chapter Master.

I’m not sure what your talking about? Once I swap out the head, backpack, trim the feathers, cut off the foot claws, and change out the arms, it’s going to be an amazing model.

I looked forward to seeing a Shrike model more than anything else, and unfortunately I have to agree it looks horrible IMHO. Bummed about this completely, but the video did have a poster in the background alluding to the possibility of Corax’s return. Hopefully without bangs.

If you don't like Shrike's new model, you probably won't enjoy anything involving Corax.

Because....Well, just read the Sons of the Emperor anthology, specifically Shadow of the Past.

Spoiler

... Yeah. If you think what happened with Shrike's new model is terrible.... You're going to have a conniption if they ever do Corax laugh.png Because that story is post Horus Heresy and after Corax's disappearance into the Eye of Terror.

Edited by Gederas, 29 August 2019 - 03:40 AM.

• Shadow Captain Vyper and Lord Raven 19 like this

Dracos

Dracos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,352 posts
  • Faction: Primaris Warhawks

Shrike, the only Chapter Master that sleeps in a warm bed ;)

Ya'all need to relax on the hair, yeesh. Checkout the Raven Guard forum. You know where we have an ongoing invested interest in these things lol. Overwhelming positive response about 50/50 on helmet versus hair but Slips is right. 25ish years of 40k means the helmet likely isn't going to be an option. Just have to deal with Shrike being the sexy Chapter Master :)

Anyone who argued the Invictor rollcage was dumb but okays the Pentient Engine needs go see a consistency therapist lol. Definitely hope there is a female option for the "pilot" I know too many SoB players who prefer to keep their army all female.

• Biscuittzz and Silas7 like this

Hope is a moment now long past, the Shadow of Death is the one I cast

sml_gallery_7985_14167_21284.pnggallery_48988_10069_135.pnggallery_48988_15465_8206.pnggallery_87434_12256_5320.png sml_gallery_7985_15940_5720.jpg

9eRaven Guard : 9 - 1

PL Crusade : 4 - 4 - 1
Imperial Knights : 3 - 2

~Drakzilla~

~Drakzilla~

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 903 posts
Shrike is fine as a model, aside from the emo hair. My problem with him is that he doesn't look like a Chapter Master.

I'm used to Chapter Masters having artificer armor with a level of ornamentation that fits their high rank, and yet Shrike here looks like he could be a Sergeant. This has been one of my gripes with the Phobos/Vanguard marine range in general, is that they look like they belong in Call of Duty more than they do in 40k. And sure, Raven Guard are more pragmatic than most chapters. But compare this with his old model or the FW Korvydae model, and this just has less personality.
  • Red_Shift likes this

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,563 posts
Well, I can't say I'm surprised about the Primaris Shrike hate. I can say I am disappointed. This is a perfect Shrike model in Primaris equipment. I absolutely love it.

But naturally the community has to fall over itself to try and come up with the next "hot take". Seen it countless times - the complete blind ignorance of the penitent engine is an example, but the responses Shrike seen on par with that as well.

Edited by Lemondish, 29 August 2019 - 04:31 AM.

• Antarius, Nemesor Tyriks and Brother Adelard like this

Inquisitor Eisenhorn

Inquisitor Eisenhorn

++ CANTOR ARDENS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,084 posts
  • Faction: Forces of the Imperium

Incredible Shrike model.  One of my favorite they've ever made.

• Biscuittzz and Lemondish like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users