Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Primaris Shrike Model

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
276 replies to this topic

jeremy1391

jeremy1391

++ LIBRITOR VALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,250 posts
  • Faction: Knights/imperial fists
9horco.jpg
  • Drudge Dreadnought, exsanguis, Rune Priest Jbickb and 11 others like this

point_Zer0

point_Zer0

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 181 posts
  • Faction: XXth

How is he putting on his corvus helmet onto that infiltartors half-helmet??
Nova-Aug29-40k-NewStrike9gr.jpg

Edited by point_Zer0, 29 August 2019 - 06:51 AM.

• Bev'an and Lord Raven 19 like this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

His jump pack looks interesting. it reminds me of the Omnis armor one... except he's clearly in phobos armor. So Omnis style mobility things (kind of, his pack still looks like it has more visible thrusters than the Omnis supressors) strapped onto his armor, almost like they're a mix (his rebreather is even Omnis style)

He's not wearing Phobos armour though. The whole upper body armour is more heavily armored. Which makes it actual Omnis plate as the Jump Pack and the legs already suggest. ;)

You know me, I like my Space Marines to wear helmets. If there's a way to have Shrike wearing his helmet, I'm good.

Same goes for the Sisters, of course.

Should be easy enough. If his helmet is physically attached to the belt just snip it off, smooth out the area where it was connected and put it between his shoulders. ;)

• Biscuittzz and Lord Raven 19 like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,400 posts

He's not wearing Phobos armour though. The whole upper body armour is more heavily armored. Which makes it actual Omnis plate as the Jump Pack and the legs already suggest. msn-wink.gif

Good spot. He's got stomach plates and a full chest eagle (well, winged bird skull)... Right shoulder pad is full size too.

Legs are clearly phobos though, except with leg mobility things found on all flying Primaris models.

How is he putting in his corvus helmet onto that infiltartors half-helmet??

The rebreather is Omnis style.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

What have they done to shrike, he did not deserve this! The backpack looks photoshopped with cut and pasted on extra nozzles and fins. He is definitely wearing Omnis armour though, just with the boot boosters removed.

The boot boosters are still there. Just without grav-chutes and whatever it's called Suppressors and Inceptors have on their feet. Though he has claws instead I guess. ^^

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,321 posts
Yeah I just realised. Changed to some of the boot clutter removed :lol:

Edited by Robbienw, 29 August 2019 - 06:57 AM.

Chaplain Lucifer

Chaplain Lucifer

++ RHETOR ORIENS ASTRUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,220 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Redemption
I have mixed feelings about Shrike but I like it for the most part. I find it is an improvement over the older model.
I specially dig the hair and the rebreather, reminds me of the Winter Soldier, so thumbs up.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Wraithwing

Wraithwing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,533 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves\Novamarines
Shrike is glorious.

Dammit GW, now I’m going to have to have another go at Raven Guard!
  • Wolf Guard Einar and Lemondish like this

Wraithwing's Deathwolves - A Space Wolves WIP & Painting Blog (Archived Project)

Wraithwing's Novamarines - A Primaris WIP & Painting Blog

Wraithwing's Collected Works - Hall of Honour Thread

"We are coming. Look to the skies for your salvation." - Captain Kayvaan Shrike to Commissar Lent prior to the Blindhope planetstrike.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,716 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Skrike is pretty easy to alter. It's a head swap and cutting off a helmet from his belt lol

Literally no reason to complain
  • Trevak Dal, Lemondish and point_Zer0 like this

-~Ishagu~-

Claws and Effect

Claws and Effect

++ ANGARUS ARANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,421 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and DIY WIP

Skrike is pretty easy to alter. It's a head swap and cutting off a helmet from his belt lol

Literally no reason to complain

I actually like everything but the Chapter symbol on his left shoulder. It looks like a bad tattoo.

Also, I mentioned this in the RG subforum, but I'm pretty sure that we just saw the "counts as a bolt weapon" named Blackout we were wondering about from the Codex.

Shrike is holding it.

Look closer. It has a place to put your other hand in front of the magazine, so it's not a pistol like everyone assumed.

More than anything, it looks like a stripped down version of the instigator bolt carbine.
  • Biscuittzz and Lemondish like this

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,978 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

You just have to change everything about the shrike model except for the torso and he will be ok, don’t know what everyone is complaining about :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess those upset about complaints missed all the positivity about the banshee and the sisters?!

You might have to change everything except the torso, I think he’s okay as he is.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,400 posts

Look closer. It has a place to put your other hand in front of the magazine, so it's not a pistol like everyone assumed.

Yeah, no. I'm sorry, but you're leading yourself astray here. 

By that logic, Absolvor bolt pistols aren't pistols either, because they have a a grip at the front too:

99120101180_PrimarisChaplain01.jpg

Like the Absolvor, it's just a very large pistol.

ALL primaris bolt pistols have that ridged section below at the front. I'ts tiny on the standard one. It's larger yet on Heavy bolt pistols on Reivers. It's full sized on the boltgun sized Absolvor, and its full size on Shrike's new pistol.

• Panzer likes this

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,321 posts

People need to stop pretending that the alternatives to Primaris were 3rd Edition squat Tacticals.  GW's multi-pose kits in late 7E were INCREDIBLE.

You are entirely correct.  The updated marine kits from 2013 to 2015 and newer stuff from before 8th edition are so good compared to the current monopose bodies.  They hit the absolute pinnacle of great looks combined with poseability with 4 kits in my opinion, Mk3 marines, the standard Custodian Guard, the Deathwatch and the Thousand Sons. 

• Interrogator Stobz, Pork Chop Express, Iron Father Ferrum and 1 other like this

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 940 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard/Grey Knights

Shrike is fine as a model, aside from the emo hair. My problem with him is that he doesn't look like a Chapter Master.

I'm used to Chapter Masters having artificer armor with a level of ornamentation that fits their high rank, and yet Shrike here looks like he could be a Sergeant. This has been one of my gripes with the Phobos/Vanguard marine range in general, is that they look like they belong in Call of Duty more than they do in 40k. And sure, Raven Guard are more pragmatic than most chapters. But compare this with his old model or the FW Korvydae model, and this just has less personality.

There's a line in the new codex stating how Raven Guard captains make themselves look similar to sergeants on purpose to obfuscate their line of command for the enemy. If you know anything about RG it's that they don't do ornamentation or fancy armour.

• Dracos, Gederas, betrayer41 and 1 other like this

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,184 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Fun fact, I'm not a fan of the model either, but I simply chose not to make that a declaration after seeing all the negativity and arguing here. But the moment that you start calling people out when you're frankly no better...

For a change I generally agree, it's the first primaris model I'm struggling to like. But I dont like it for personal opinion reasons, not because I think its objectively a bad model.

The pose is decent, the weapons are very cool. Ge logically fits in with both tacticus and phobos units.

I'm just personally not a fan of the jump pack design, the grenade launcher things, the head or the hugely oversized base. None of them are bad per se, just not my cup of tea.

Edited by Captain Idaho, 29 August 2019 - 08:14 AM.
Taken out discussion on negative opinions

• appiah5, Antarius, Reinhard and 4 others like this

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,400 posts

My main problem with Shrike is that his legs don't match the rest of the model. They've been downstripped and are using Phobos parts, but everything else is Omnis. Not sure how easy it'd be to give him his helm either, if it needs cutting off from his belter, it might be unusuable. Starting to warm up to his rebreather head though.

Rik Lightstar

Rik Lightstar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,322 posts
  • Faction: Astral Claws, Mantis Warriors

I'm just personally not a fan of the jump pack design, the grenade launcher things, the head or the hugely oversized base. None of them are bad per se, just not my cup of tea.

I think a swap to one of the Blood Angel winged jump packs would work wonders for it, or even better the Forgeworld Dark Fury jump pack.

Rik
  • Blindhamster, Centurion Jay and point_Zer0 like this

The Codex Astartes: Taking Away The Freedom Of The Astartes To Pigeonhole Themselves, 
And Restricting Them To Supreme Flexibility Since M31

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,184 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

People need to stop pretending that the alternatives to Primaris were 3rd Edition squat Tacticals. GW's multi-pose kits in late 7E were INCREDIBLE.

You are entirely correct. The updated marine kits from 2013 to 2015 and newer stuff from before 8th edition are so good compared to the current monopose bodies. They hit the absolute pinnacle of great looks combined with poseability with 4 kits in my opinion, Mk3 marines, the standard Custodian Guard, the Deathwatch and the Thousand Sons.

As always, subjective opinion.

The deathwatch kit I do love. But I dont for a moment think the mk4 or thousand sons kits are better. Custodes kit.. I'd say 2/5 models are are great. With another 2/5 generally looking awkward.

Again all just opinion.

I do think the best posed primaris are the totally monopose ones... same as the best post regular marines are the space marine heroes.. also monopose
  • Irbis likes this

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

My main problem with Shrike is that his legs don't match the rest of the model. They've been downstripped and are using Phobos parts, but everything else is Omnis. 

Omnis IS a blend of phobos and gravis (though this looks more like tacticus to be fair)

Kenzaburo

Kenzaburo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 418 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Custodes

I'd just like to say: I might not be the biggest fan of primaris-ising  everything and everyone, but I do like new Shrike. And I love the fact, that the old sneaky git kept his beaky helmet. You do you, Kayvan! Don't let anyone tell you, what hat to wear! :)

(I thought, this thread might need some positivity and humour^^)

• Magos Takatus, Blindhamster, Shadow Captain Vyper and 2 others like this

Visit my painter profile on Instagram: https://www.instagra...gfused.painter/

gallery_48988_15465_14148.png gallery_48988_15465_5251.png gallery_48988_16045_6601.png

My Titanicus Plog  My Ultramarines Primaris Plog

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,400 posts

My main problem with Shrike is that his legs don't match the rest of the model. They've been downstripped and are using Phobos parts, but everything else is Omnis. 

Omnis IS a blend of phobos and gravis (though this looks more like tacticus to be fair)

Citation needed. No, but seriously, I'm just going to have disgree vehemently with you on this. Maybe ill send you a PM or something to avoid derailing the thread.

In keeping with the thread topic though, I can still note that there's some fundamendatal differences with between new Shrikes leg's and Omnis pattern legs (even ones that were stripped down), notably, the placement of the leg thruster/ball things

Trevak Dal

Trevak Dal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,337 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion (Night Blades)
I do hope Nu Shrike means a new Primaris jump pack unit with proper close combat role.

(He would look cooler with the Bolter thing mounted into his gauntlets, I vastly approve of those gauntlets, but he needs the rest of his helmet...that Tobey McGuire haircut... :( )

"Our Turn" - Centurion Khârn.

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 940 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard/Grey Knights

Shrike is awful. It doesn't look like a Space Marine. It looks like a Dark Eldar model or from a different game.

And what's the point? He doesn't have a unit to accompany as Reivers infiltrate not jump and let's be honest, the close combat ability of Primaris is rather mundane.

Shrike is a one man army and goes alone a lot of the time. I'm happy with the fluff being somewhat remembered. Just like another sneaky beaky who once said "I need no bodyguard".

Edit: Regarding the 'too much going on' backpack, it looks like the smoke launchers are a separate piece so they'll be easily removed anyway according to taste.

Edited by Biscuittzz, 29 August 2019 - 09:13 AM.

• Gederas likes this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

Citation needed. No, but seriously, I'm just going to have disgree vehemently with you on this. Maybe ill send you a PM or something to avoid derailing the thread.

In keeping with the thread topic though, I can still note that there's some fundamendatal differences with between new Shrikes leg's and Omnis pattern legs (even ones that were stripped down), notably, the placement of the leg thruster/ball things

Disagree all you want. ^^

I7pUZoQl.png

• Shadow Captain Vyper, Arkangilos, Volt and 4 others like this

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,400 posts

There's still fundamental differences between Shrikes legs, and the Surpressors legs that go beyond "they've taken bits off". His legs have added Phobos bits absent on surpressor legs, which for their part have different placement of the flight enabling mcguffins (and more of them, Shrike doesn't have the chutes on the side of the legs either).

It's all I'll say here on it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)