Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psychic Awakening Announcement

Psychic Awakening event

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
440 replies to this topic

Borbarad

Borbarad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 252 posts

Hope it’s not Russ; there are more interesting Primarchs to return than the dog-in-chief.

As for traitors, Fulgrim has been rumored for a while now.

As much as the heretic in me is beggin me not to do so, I disagree. If properly handled, Russ might be one of the most interesting Primarchs to return. No longer the Russ that left, but a wiser and somber Wolf King, battered by his time in the Warp, but still the fierce warrior. A Russ that no longer wants to kill Magnus for the Imperium or for revenge, but because he understands now that both him and the Crimson King were manipulated, and feels that he needs to end the creature that was once his brother, because he feels partially responsible for his fate. An Odin-like Russ, the Wanderer, who's faced his demons and returns ready to play his part in Ragnarok.

There used to be old fluff about Russ’ wargear being found, even his armor. At a temple of chaos in the eye no less. Not sure if that has been retconned. If not, the return of Russ might be an interesting one indeed, but maybe not in the way most are expecting.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Fulgrim and Angron have been rumoured about the same amount with there being the rumour about World Eaters being done and waiting sticking out the most. However in-universe we've had already multiple mentions of Fulgrim and the Emperor's Children while the only thing we know about Angron in recent events is that he tried to come back but it got prevented.

So really, it's a toss up and GW could do with any of them.

As for loyalist Primarchs ... I don't think Russ would be less interesting than the others. If anything the ones I'd mlike to see the least right now would be Dorn and the Lion.

• Bryan Blaire likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,329 posts

Hope it’s not Russ; there are more interesting Primarchs to return than the dog-in-chief.

As for traitors, Fulgrim has been rumored for a while now.

counter point: you are wronng, there is no more interesting primarch.

of all the primarchs to come back, there is no one who would be a bigger foil for guilliman and his plans. i'm not saying they'll fight, but he would be a nice injection of drama.

Edited by Wispy, 19 September 2019 - 04:56 AM.

• Triszin and Rune Priest Jbickb like this

m_r_parker

m_r_parker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,401 posts

Well, this just appeared for me as a banner on the WHC page this morning. So I'm guessing we'll see Jain Zar on Monday...

PhoenixRises-Sep18-SlimDesktop6ijhcsd.jp

gallery_26271_12264_20095.jpg

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,622 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Man this Primarch talk is building hype!

I'm 100% convinced it's happening now. I mean, we all KNEW it was happening when GW said "Models you won't believe" as there are few things which could live up to that much hype.

Russ and the Lion are the two prime candidates from the loyalist side. I'd prefer the Lion I think, although Russ would be great for the story as well. I'm hoping we get an Odin style, aged Russ - The Wise Wolf, so to speak. Alternatively the Lion would be an awesome character to return - he has a fascinating relationship with Guilliman.

Edit: Typo

Edited by Ishagu, 19 September 2019 - 08:54 AM.

-~Ishagu~-

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,732 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Russ and the Lion returning and challenging Guilliman for control of the Imperium will be awesome. Can’t wait to see the awesome new story lines as different factions of the Imperium vie for control.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,622 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Lol neither of them will be challenging anything. I'm sure he would be more than happy to share responsibility of the Empire - in the novels he admits to struggling with running the whole thing.

A bit of brotherly competition would be great for sure. I don't want to see any repetition of HH stories. We already have a full set of traitors to contend with from the original.

-~Ishagu~-

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,376 posts

The obvious setup would be to have a returning Primarch gather the Imperium on the other side of the Great Rift. It's like literally set up for it

• mel_danes likes this

K0rtmer

K0rtmer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 737 posts

My apologies, but how did this turn into a discussion of the possibility of returning Primarchs? I thought we're looking at an Asuryani vs. Drukhari setup? 

• DuskRaider, Legionnaire of the VIIth and Klod like this

— Visit K0rtmer's echo chamber: slow-burn, random projects, Death Guard, Space Crusade. You know, hobby butterfly. 

gallery_80057_10843_8937.jpg

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,955 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

My apologies, but how did this turn into a discussion of the possibility of returning Primarchs? I thought we're looking at an Asuryani vs. Drukhari setup?

Asuryani vs Drukhari is the first book. There’s now a rumour of a returning Primarch in a future book.
  • K0rtmer likes this

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,283 posts

"Models you won't believe"

Thing is, I totally believe GW doing more primarchs.  The plastic banshees is the part i didn't believe they would do :lol: 

• mel_danes, Doctor Perils, K0rtmer and 2 others like this

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,376 posts

Valrak's leaker, who sent him images related to yesterdays space marine reveal, also specifically used the term that there would be something related to Valrak's "obsession" with the upcoming releases. If you've watched any number of Valrak's videos on youtube, you would know his obsession relates to anything and everything related to Primarchs and their possible return, hence...

• Gederas and K0rtmer like this

Sagentus

Sagentus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,634 posts

Preferably i hope it is Angron, but Fulgrim would be good to see come back. The 'Loyalists' have had to much love fro GW recently, its time the followers of the dark gods got some favour :P 

Leonaides

Leonaides

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,840 posts

Bigger question about angron is probably more lilkely can anyone remember how long he has been banished for after the first war for armageddon? was it 100 or 1000 years? if ti was 1000, probably wont see him any time soon.

"most gamers (especially ones who frequent forums) are idiots of one form or another" Great Crusade 08

LPC 2009 LPC 2010  LPC 2011 LPC 2012 LPC 2013 ETL VII LPC 20 
gallery_19254_8784_1046.gifgallery_19254_8784_3201.gif gallery_19254_8784_3710.gifgallery_19254_8523_59626.jpggallery_48988_15465_15162.png

kombatwombat

kombatwombat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 534 posts

A bit of brotherly competition would be great for sure. I don't want to see any repetition of HH stories. We already have a full set of traitors to contend with from the original.

I don’t think people are hoping for a full on civil war - you can get your fix of Marine on Marine action in the HH. A minor schism would make for interesting storytelling though - something along the lines of ‘faith and tradition’ vs ‘logic and science’. You don’t need two Loyalist Primarchs actually trying to kill each other, but there could be a lot of fun with someone like Dorn taking over the reins at Terra and throwing in his lot with the Ecclesiarchy, then Guilliman taking his seat in the Five Hundred Worlds, and say Russ holding the Imperium Nihilus together. You could bring in some interesting stories of political strife - say the traditionalists of Mars banishing Cawl to Ultramar for tech-heresy - without actually fracturing the Imperium.

That starts to develop three distinct identities - the industrial might and Cawl-driven technology of Ultramar, the traditionalists of Terra - even with Loyalist Daemons - and the rag-tag Wild West frontier vibe of Nihilus. It’s still one empire, but who’s to say there isn’t the odd political minor war?
  • Robbienw and Sarges like this

K0rtmer

K0rtmer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 737 posts
Time works differently in different places now though.

— Visit K0rtmer's echo chamber: slow-burn, random projects, Death Guard, Space Crusade. You know, hobby butterfly. 

gallery_80057_10843_8937.jpg

Nova_Dew

Nova_Dew

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 418 posts

Lol neither of them will be challenging anything. I'm sure he would be more than happy to share responsibility of the Empire - in the novels he admits to struggling with running the whole thing.

You mean he will put someone else on the throne to take the blame if it turns out that he's commiting an act of treason... again, specially since Cawl is on Sotha looking into things there msn-wink.gif

Grimdark_Garage

Grimdark_Garage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 173 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

On the loyal side of things, Russ would be the only Primarch to return that would be very different to Guilliman game-wise.

Lion would essentially be the same as Guiliman in all but name unless they do something radical.

All other "Living" Primarchs are for Niche chapters.

Yes Scars, Ravens and Fists have/are getting their own supplements but how often do we see these factions?

if i was GW and wanted to release another Primarch, i would look at the lines that sell more product! So you look at DA and SW!

Russ would be a fast moving, combat killer! Possibly even with the ability to "Wolf Up" given his time in the warp with a duel model release.

For the traitor legions, the respetcive primarchs are all different in their own right and dont neccassarily step on each others toes.

Both World Eaters and Emperors Children need their own "supplement" akin to Deathguard and Thousands sons.....so take your pick.

• Taliesin likes this

The Blood Raven

The Blood Raven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,188 posts
  • Faction: Cosmic Chorus

<snip>

Both World Eaters and Emperors Children need their own "supplement" akin to Deathguard and Thousands sons.....so take your pick.

I actually want WE and EC to get more than the skimpy codex the ‘Sons currently have.
  • Panzer likes this

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 846 posts

All other "Living" Primarchs are for Niche chapters.
Yes Scars, Ravens and Fists have/are getting their own supplements but how often do we see these factions?
if i was GW and wanted to release another Primarch, i would look at the lines that sell more product! So you look at DA and SW

While true, Dorn could potentially come back and figure he’d leave Terra to G and go clean up the rest of the mess himself; Templars already appear to be more popular than fists, judging by what I usually aee, so it could please a pretty good crowd too...

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,732 posts

There isn't any realistic expecation to believe the 'Primarch-tier' characters coming back wont be Russ, the Lion, Sanguinor with Primarch Stats, and the already released Guilliman. Those chapters sell the best, have the most players and their own codexes (for reference see the posts about BL novel sales). The Also Rans got their supplements and each gets a Primaris character and that will be it. Similarly, you're going to the Fulgrim, Angron, Mortarion, and Magnus, but nothing beyond that. 

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

Archaeinox

Archaeinox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,157 posts

I do like the idea of a quieter, wiser Odin-like Russ returning to add resistance to what Guilliman is doing (or at least challenge his go-along attitude with what the Imperium has become).

Just as much of a berserker when unleashed, but cloaked and solemn until brought to war. Mad. Mad and tired.

• RikuEru likes this

"You're a wizard, Ahri"

"Discgoat for Harambe"

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,732 posts

I do like the idea of a quieter, wiser Odin-like Russ returning to add resistance to what Guilliman is doing (or at least challenge his go-along attitude with what the Imperium has become).

Just as much of a berserker when unleashed, but cloaked and solemn until brought to war. Mad. Mad and tired.

It would really make the psychic awakening have more of an impact if Guilliman is over relying on the Warp and Russ and the Lion challenge his dangerous beliefs. Russ/Johnson and Primarch-Tier Sanguinor being the main loyalist commander in each of the 4 regions released from the PA maps makes sense. Guilliman in 1, Johnson in 2, Sanguinor in 3, Russ in 4. 

Edited by Marshal Rohr, 19 September 2019 - 11:52 AM.

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

I disagree ...they will do all the primarchs now they've done 3..... if only for completion sake, they WILL sell if made.

On the Chaos side once you've done Fulgrim & Angron all you have left is Logar - the original Chaos primarch & Perterabo - Iron warriors used to be THE played chaos legion, 

On the loyalist side you've got the Khan, Vulcan (a perpetual), corax (canonical sightings in the eye hunting Logar) & Dorn

.... not to mention GW allegedly stated that one traitor legion would return to the fold of the imperium & a loyal one would fall.... easiest way of doing that is by returning the primarchs

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,732 posts

They would never be so stupid to make a loyalist first founding fall to chaos, and you can't come back from being Chaos on the traitor side. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Psychic Awakening event

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users