Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psychic Awakening Announcement

Psychic Awakening event

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
440 replies to this topic

Grimdark_Garage

Grimdark_Garage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 173 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

.... not to mention GW allegedly stated that one traitor legion would return to the fold of the imperium & a loyal one would fall.... easiest way of doing that is by returning the primarchs

Source?

I do like the idea of the Sanguinor and had forgotten just how much power the guy has!

@Spinsanity raises a good idea in regards to Dorn. If he could command IF, CF and BT alike....theres far more use for him.

The Lion will come back to complete the Fallen story-arc

Russ will happen cos he would be FUN

• Triszin likes this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,054 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children
.... not to mention GW allegedly stated that one traitor legion would return to the fold of the imperium & a loyal one would fall.... easiest way of doing that is by returning the primarchs

That isn't going to happen & is one of the most frustratingly pervasive fake rumours to have blighted the internet in recent years.

• Marshal Rohr, Gederas, DeadFingers and 5 others like this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Death Guard Warband: The Fourth Seal

Grimdark_Garage

Grimdark_Garage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 173 posts

That isn't going to happen & is one of the most frustratingly pervasive fake rumours to have blighted the internet in recent years.

But on the flip side, GW have said Psychic Awakening will throw us UNREAL story arcs etc.

If you suspend disbeleif you could see Alpha Legion and DA switching roles ha

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,646 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
From a sales standpoint, Russ would also do better than probably any Primarch besides Guilliman. The Space Wolves are an immensely popular chapter, so it makes financial sense for Russ to be the next loyalist to return.
  • Marshal Rohr, Wispy, Gederas and 1 other like this

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

But on the flip side, GW have said Psychic Awakening will throw us UNREAL story arcs etc.

I highlighted the word allegedly for a reason.....I've not seen any thing written personally.... plus ideas and directions can change!

Personal feeling is all the legions are going to stay where they are!  However all the living primarchs will return & who knows so might a couple of the dead ones... Bile resurrecting Cruze would make for an interesting story line

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confussed... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,454 posts

Bigger question about angron is probably more lilkely can anyone remember how long he has been banished for after the first war for armageddon? was it 100 or 1000 years? if ti was 1000, probably wont see him any time soon.

All they need to do is complete the ritual to summon him into realspace that they tried on Armageddon and boom, here he is. Mortarion was supposed to be banished too and they didn't even make an excuse for his reappearance.

Like others have said, they're not going to completely change the identity of any established Legion or Chapter. GW like to play with fire sometimes, but not that much.

As for the "unreal story arcs", standard GW hype talk. We've got an "incredible revelation" in the making already: Drazhar is Arhra, the fallen Phoenix Lord. There it is, a "decades old plot thread" coming to a close, that's all they need to do. Ghaz comes back and he's bigger and smarter than he was before, with a massive WAAAGH behind him? Ghaz has become the next Beast, there's another amazing development. And hey, the Thousand Sons/Magnus supposedly know where Russ is, maybe they even play a part in his return, if unwillingly, that'd be a twist.

Edited by DeadFingers, 19 September 2019 - 01:13 PM.

Grimdark_Garage

Grimdark_Garage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 173 posts

Like others have said, they're not going to completely change the identity of any established Legion or Chapter. GW like to play with fire sometimes, but not that much.

I totally agree, just adding some flavour to the discussion ;)

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts

There's another amazing development. And hey, the Thousand Sons/Magnus supposedly know where Russ is, maybe they even play a part in his return, if unwillingly, that'd be a twist.

that could work... on the planet of the sorcerers (campaign part 4) the 1KSons bring a bound Russ to sacrifice for X reason - along come GKs & Talons of the emperor to  stop the demon world from materialising from the warp and end up freeing Russ

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

happy.png

BolterZorro

BolterZorro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 811 posts

Do you think that they launch this baby Psy Awakening with a box à la Shadowspear or just few minis?

Aztek

Aztek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 590 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Do you think that they launch this baby Psy Awakening with a box à la Shadowspear or just few minis?

I'd say we'll get an Eldari box with Drukhari vs Craftworld from the Jain Zar vs Drazhar art. And then book two is rumored to be a box set of Templars and Orks so, yeah I think so.

Grimdark_Garage

Grimdark_Garage

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 173 posts

Depends how quick the release schedule is.

If we see a monthly update, i dont see a new big box for each, rather new unit boxes for the focused factions.

However if the boxes are full of NEW models then maybe. Shadowspear did so well as all models were brand new with a HEAP of BRAND NEW units.

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts

Also depends on how well they expect SoB to take.  They wont want to release to many competing products at the same time.

happy.png

BolterZorro

BolterZorro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 811 posts

Also depends on how well they expect SoB to take.  They wont want to release to many competing products at the same time.

Except when it comes close to Christmass... October then SoB november =>>> xmass ready. So, totally possible (and it gives all the reseller the time to stock for the end of the year)

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,743 posts

the XMass boxes seem to be almost clear outs of stock that doesnt really sell at low prices...

happy.png

HandsWithLegs

HandsWithLegs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 288 posts

On one hand, the Dark Angels have had a lot more plot and story development this year, and a fairly major plot thread that the Lion could fit into very nicely, pointing towards him coming back.

On the other hand, Space Wolves were in one of the vigilus box sets and just got a primaris start collecting box, and if GW was trying to stealthily increase space wolves players for when Russ comes out, that would probably be the way to do it.

My hopes are on the Lion, but honestly it could be either one at this point

gallery_48988_15465_43209.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,622 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
The Lion is the easiest to bring back, and requires the least plot and thus carries less potential for upset.

He can wake up, his character is established, because he has been asleep his personality and character will be largely unchanged.

-~Ishagu~-

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,283 posts

If Russ does come back, we have officially reached the Wolftime.  Hold onto your hats!

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,454 posts

The Lion is the easiest to bring back, and requires the least plot and thus carries less potential for upset.

He can wake up, his character is established, because he has been asleep his personality and character will be largely unchanged.

He's also most likely to come back once Luther makes a move and the Fallen start mobilizing en masse. For now the plot threads point to Russ.

If Russ does come back, we have officially reached the Wolftime.  Hold onto your hats!

According to the 8th Edition Space Woolves Codex, the Wolf Time is already here, so Russ is officially late. :P

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,066 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Ohhhhh Valrak where art thouuuuu

HandsWithLegs

HandsWithLegs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 288 posts

He's also most likely to come back once Luther makes a move and the Fallen start mobilizing en masse. For now the plot threads point to Russ.

According to the 8th Edition Space Woolves Codex, the Wolf Time is already here, so Russ is officially late. tongue.png

Just out of curiosity, what are the plot threads for Russ? I know all the new stuff with the Dark Angels, and some of the stuff from the end of 7th edition for the wolves, but what has 8th brought in that indicates he's on his way? To me it seems like the Angels have gotten a lot more recent plot development

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,287 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

If Russ does come back, we have officially reached the Wolftime. Hold onto your hats!

Yea...
Remember how we thought Curse of the Wulfen would bring back 13th Company aswell?
Or how Wrath of Magnus SURELY was the Wolftime?
Or how the (second) 13th Black Crusade was THE Wolftime Event?
Or all the hints of NOW DEFINITELY IS THE WOLFTIME in our last codex?

While i WISH he would be released, I doubt it will happen...
...I believe it the day he greets me like an old friend, knocks me on my head, hands me an axe and an ale and tells me there are more heretics to kill.

It would be foolish to build these huge dreams up about
"Yes, surely SW will get a new Codex! And all these new rules! And awesome stratagems! And their own discipline! And a bunch of finecrap characters re-made in plast, HD and as Primaris! And a chapter-specific unit of Primaris! And Russ! And his Wolves!"
...you can regularly watch others cycling through similiar depressive rounds of high expectations, that will never be met, based on one little "sign" and a big bunch of fantasy.

I think the Lion is a similiarly 'possible'release up their sleeve.
And i bet, atleast on a conceptual scale GW has (contingency) plans for all Primarchs on both sides - and equivalent stuff for the other factions like 'Beast Ghaz' and the like.

But who knows what they will actually give us.
They might keep them up their sleeve for less prosperous times, when they'll desperately need an influx of sales (or an increase of sales, to appease the shareholders)
  • PeteySödes, Bryan Blaire and pandion40 like this

q6c0AMP.pngUZREYOk.pngrm0hCox.png4bqeAKq.pngSuMQ47R.png

Trench

Trench

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 104 posts
  • Faction: Tyranids

Excited about the potential of more Primarchs making a return, I used to be one of those players who said they preferred them purely as mythical figures in the past...........but then I started reading the Horus Heresy BL series and my opinion has drastically changed, bring them on. biggrin.png

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,676 posts

They would never be so stupid to make a loyalist first founding fall to chaos, and you can't come back from being Chaos on the traitor side. 

And what if they were never truly Chaos in the first place?

Spoiler

• DuskRaider likes this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,454 posts

Just out of curiosity, what are the plot threads for Russ? I know all the new stuff with the Dark Angels, and some of the stuff from the end of 7th edition for the wolves, but what has 8th brought in that indicates he's on his way? To me it seems like the Angels have gotten a lot more recent plot development

Mostly Magnus showing up with the reunited Thousand sons and parading over Fenris, completing the ritual the brought Sortiarius into realspace and the return of the 13th company, at least partially, to realspace, even showing up on Prospero.

And according to the rumours, Ragnar is going to play a major role in Psychic Awakening, going against Ghaz. And we know, as in not a rumour, that the fourth campaign's location is right on Sortiarius/Prospero, so that should be interesting.

For the moment, and at least to me, the signs favour Russ over the Lion for Psychic Awakening. Unless the Fallen make a serious move, that is. But for now there's been no activity from them since around the Gathering Storm when they freed Luther.

• Aztek likes this

HandsWithLegs

HandsWithLegs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 288 posts

Mostly Magnus showing up with the reunited Thousand sons and parading over Fenris, completing the ritual the brought Sortiarius into realspace and the return of the 13th company, at least partially, to realspace, even showing up on Prospero.

And according to the rumours, Ragnar is going to play a major role in Psychic Awakening, going against Ghaz. And we know, as in not a rumour, that the fourth campaign's location is right on Sortiarius/Prospero, so that should be interesting.

For the moment, and at least to me, the signs favour Russ over the Lion for Psychic Awakening. Unless the Fallen make a serious move, that is. But for now there's been no activity from them since around the Gathering Storm when they freed Luther.

Something did happen with the Fallen and Angels in vigilus, with the conflict in the sandstorm. We never find out exactly what happened, but they made an alliance with abaddon and one of the groups got some sort of massive grav weapon. They haven't been completely silent

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Psychic Awakening event

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users