Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psychic Awakening Announcement

Psychic Awakening event

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
440 replies to this topic

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,754 posts

Oh yeah, they did do that. I completely forgot about that (and the Dark Angels peacing out from a battle to go hunt them down).

Still, I think the current narrative favors Russ over the Lion, specially with Sortiarius and/or Prospero being a main location. But it's also very early and besides rumours and code-digging, we're pretty much in the dark, so for all we know, next week the signs might point towards a different Primarch.

• HandsWithLegs likes this

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 617 posts

They would never be so stupid to make a loyalist first founding fall to chaos, and you can't come back from being Chaos on the traitor side. 

And what if they were never truly Chaos in the first place?

Spoiler

They do that, I'm gonna be Alpharius just because if they return to the Loyalist fold, I'll be able to just repaint my stuff.

= All our ignorances bring us closer to annihilation. =

gallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_6252.png

= Revere the Omnissiah, for it is the source of all power. =

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,777 posts
Guys I did say it’s the wolftime IF Russ comes back :lol:

Edited by Robbienw, Today, 04:18 PM.

TheMawr

TheMawr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts

The wording the turned into One primarch becomes traitor and one becomes loyal is very different.

They Said that if/when primarchs return, they might not necessarily return as part of (or leading, cant remember exact wording.) their original legion/faction.
Nothing more nothing less as far as I remember.

In other words;
Russ could return as part of a brand new wulfen brotherhood faction.
Fulgrim could return as a leader for a slaanesh daemon army, no emperors children in sight.
Dorn could return and decide to join the Black templars instead of the IF

that kind of stuff.

Edit; I also think it wasnt said as if they had a specific plan with it, but more likely that they dont want to paint themselves in a corner either. It could also be meant as a more physical thing, like was the case with Guilleman... it was just the primarch model, not an ultramarine codex or special ultramarine release wave.

Edited by TheMawr, Today, 05:20 PM.

• Sete and sfPanzer like this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,754 posts

Fulgrim could return as a leader for a slaanesh daemon army, no emperors children in sight.

That'd be pretty silly, considering Gathering Storm mentions the Emperor's Children with Lucius and Fulgrim together in a planet invasion.

But I could see someone like Corax returning but not leading the Raven Guard, since he's still on a mission to kill the Traitor Primarchs, and particularly Lorgar.

Edited by DeadFingers, Today, 05:27 PM.

Ciler

Ciler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,007 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

As much as the heretic in me is begging me not to do so, I disagree. If properly handled, Russ might be one of the most interesting Primarchs to return. No longer the Russ that left, but a wiser and somber Wolf King, battered by his time in the Warp, but still the fierce warrior. A Russ that no longer wants to kill Magnus for the Imperium or for revenge, but because he understands now that both him and the Crimson King were manipulated, and feels that he needs to end the creature that was once his brother, because he feels partially responsible for his fate. An Odin-like Russ, the Wanderer, who's faced his demons and returns ready to play his part in Ragnarok.

In short a Russ that would admit he was wrong ? Nah, sorry, don't see that happening.

It would be amazing, mind, but I just don't see it.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. Revelations 6:8
BT Album link, Thread on the BT subforum, Thread on the TS subforum, TS album link.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,348 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus

Won't happen. They are not going to bring Primarchs back as leaders of a different faction, and no factions will switch sides (which was a fundamental part of that rumour...); that entire rumour is nonsense and has nothing to with the Psychic Awakening announcement. Why people ascribe any kind of authenticity to such blatant theorycrafting (look at the original source of the rumours, and the other claims that accompanied it) is beyond me. Can we not do this again please? tongue.png

Edited by Marshal Loss, Today, 05:59 PM.

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye
A (perpetually inactive) blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus 29th Company

TheMawr

TheMawr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts

That'd be pretty silly, considering Gathering Storm mentions the Emperor's Children with Lucius and Fulgrim together in a planet invasion.

But I could see someone like Corax returning but not leading the Raven Guard, since he's still on a mission to kill the Traitor Primarchs, and particularly Lorgar.

It wasnt meant as speculation, just as an example. I should have used Angron were it makes more sense in the fluff as I think he is mostly mentioned working with daemons instead of CSM ( I think a group of bloodthirsters especially.)

As far as my speculation on what they said goes, I actually think that any and all returning primarch will have the keyword of his legion when it comes to rules, but I think at the time they made the statement keywords werent yet a 40k thing.

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,348 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Horus

It wasnt meant as speculation, just as an example. I should have used Angron were it makes more sense in the fluff as I think he is mostly mentioned working with daemons instead of CSM ( I think a group of bloodthirsters especially.)

As far as my speculation on what they said goes, I actually think that any and all returning primarch will have the keyword of his legion when it comes to rules, but I think at the time they made the statement keywords werent yet a 40k thing.

1. Angron has an honour guard of Bloodthirsters, which he was described as having while leading 50,000 World Eaters. So it would not be accurate to say that he is mostly mentioned as working with daemons. They are not going to bring back the Primarch of the World Eaters without the World Eaters.

2. Not mocking you, but do you honestly even remember exactly what these rumours said, and when they first came about? I'm willing to bet you don't. That's the big problem with that particular set of rumours, and why I rail against it so much: because over the last 3 years it has been distorted beyond reason from something that didn't even seem realistic to begin with.

Let's just stick to PA for now. Primarch speculation can be fun but it really doesn't have a whole lot to do with PA at this stage. If/when Valrak returns with something more than an allusion they can take their place here.

• PeteySödes, Marshal Rohr and Shinespider like this

bl-logo.jpg

The Unblinking Eye
A (perpetually inactive) blog about 30k & the Sons of Horus 29th Company

Mr4Minutes

Mr4Minutes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 368 posts
GW was talking about Ferrus Manus and when he returns leading an army of the Legion of the Damned.

Everyone is saying Russ, but I want to be different, so I’m saying the Khan. GW is going to reveal the model Monday, meaning he’s in the first book. That book is all eldar. Khan is battling through the webway, therefore, the Khan is about to break back into reality.

Edited by Mr4Minutes, Today, 06:19 PM.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,326 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Or it’s Jain Zar the character in the title banner for ‘SEE THE MODEL MONDAY’

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,407 posts

=][=   And with that, let's keep the Primarch talk out of here until there is solid information. There are plenty of speculation threads for such discussion.   =][=

• Marshal Loss likes this

TheMawr

TheMawr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts

Or it’s Jain Zar the character in the title banner for ‘SEE THE MODEL MONDAY’

I see both of them in the title banner.
Im hoping for Jain Zar, but on the other hand.. it does sound as if we dont have to wait too long for it all.
These are really must-buys for me, and I cant wait :)

I hope both Incubi and Howling banshees have Ynnari specific variants like the exarch, but otherwise now they are in plastic conversion will be doable.

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,888 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

So are we thinking each faction will get atleast a character and others getting an updated unit or two?

BolterZorro

BolterZorro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 543 posts

"Each faction" sounds a lot. I'd prefer thinking "each faction involved" à la Vigilus, where only several factions got rules, formations, and even fewer got new minis.

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,407 posts

=][=   Seems like we've exhausted the current news info. Please use the report function on this thread for any new official updates.   =][=

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Psychic Awakening event

4 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Felix Antipodes, NTaW, klisof