Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psychic Awakening Announcement

Psychic Awakening event

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
440 replies to this topic

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,654 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Wild, reckless, terrifying speculation based on Sisters releasing, a Black Templar fleet in the Psychic Awakening video and the guesses that this means Endless Spells in space:

The Black Templars and Sisters worship the Emperor as a god - this comes to be true, and the awakening of psychic humanity gives rise to the summoning and of Loyalist/Imperial Daemons, so the Sisters summon Saints and Geminae Superia, and Templars summon Legion of the Damned as manifestations of the Emperor’s will. If the end of Master of Mankind is anything to go by, down the line we get Legion of the Damned Ferrus Mannus as an Imperial Daemon Primarch.

/tinfoil hat

In that case I for one am looking forward to Ultra Instinct Straken and Sly Marbo for Imperial Guard. biggrin.png

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Darkwrath121

Darkwrath121

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 408 posts

And hey, Inquisition! That's neat.

That's the Deathwatch symbol, so I'd not expect more mainline Inquisition stuff outside of KT.
The lady in the trailer is an Inquisitor.

I was referring to the symbol in the (now-removed) factions image, which I assumed the other poster was referring to :)
  • The_Bloody likes this

templargdt

templargdt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,002 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens

Wild, reckless, terrifying speculation based on Sisters releasing, a Black Templar fleet in the Psychic Awakening video and the guesses that this means Endless Spells in space:

The Black Templars and Sisters worship the Emperor as a god - this comes to be true, and the awakening of psychic humanity gives rise to the summoning and of Loyalist/Imperial Daemons, so the Sisters summon Saints and Geminae Superia, and Templars summon Legion of the Damned as manifestations of the Emperor’s will. If the end of Master of Mankind is anything to go by, down the line we get Legion of the Damned Ferrus Mannus as an Imperial Daemon Primarch.

/tinfoil hat

I have been assuming that the psychic awakening was moving the plot forward of the development of humans into a more psychic race like it talked about in the Witch Hunters codex back in 3rd edition (great book, by the way.)   I don't have it handy, but as I recall it had some significant fluff on the Inquisition's roll in attempts to control human development as psykers grew more prevalent.

• Legionnaire of the VIIth likes this

1 John 4:8

ijLM8FY.jpgO787td6.jpg

Drudge Dreadnought

Drudge Dreadnought

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,798 posts
  • Faction: Chaos, Dark Eldar

I'm going to go ahead and hope that part of these 'New Rules' will mean updating other marine factions to be in line with the new Space Marine codex. This seems like the best way for them to do that without releasing new Codices for everybody, and while still getting to charge money for the update. I hope these come out quickly!

Archaeinox

Archaeinox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,107 posts

In a few places on FB there were Space Wolves players asking if their faction will be participating in these campaigns. GW's FB replies were mostly along the lines of "they won't give up the chance to attack a planet full of psykers"

Calling it now: Sortiarius invasion.

Edited by Archaeinox, 29 August 2019 - 03:29 AM.

"You're a wizard, Ahri"

"Discgoat for Harambe"

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,691 posts
There’s not a single “and then this happens”. The reveal wasn’t any specific plot point, but that this is going to be like 10 or so supplements woven into the same driving metaplot. It’s going to ongoing for probably at least a year.
  • Subtle Discord likes this

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,776 posts

I'm convinced the Black Templars will get something, featuring their ships in that cinematic is not a coincidence :D 

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,285 posts

There’s not a single “and then this happens”. The reveal wasn’t any specific plot point, but that this is going to be like 10 or so supplements woven into the same driving metaplot. It’s going to ongoing for probably at least a year.

The reveal amounts to saying that more campaign books are coming. Which anyone could have guessed. There have been threads here in amicus for months discussing the possible directions. We can guess that Templars and eldar are involved but otherwise it's just another vague teaser.
  • Panzer likes this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,429 posts

I just realized that throughout the article, they refer to Psychic Awakening as a "series", so that makes me think it's going to be something that's gonna be ongoing for a while. Less of a campaign by itself and more of a "framework" to introduce various conflicts across the galaxy involving different factions each. Something akin to what Malign Portents was for AoS, moving the story forward, focusing on one faction after another, introducing new armies, setting up future plot points, etc.

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,242 posts
One way to look at Awakenings is that it’s GW saying “we are done with Codex’s (after SM & Sisters) for a while. You’re going to get a campaign book and some models for various armies every few months”.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,437 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

They've updated the psychic awakening faction picture to include everyone:

Nova-Aug29-40k-NewRaceIcons8frs-500x377.

• Magos Takatus, Battybattybats, MajorNese and 2 others like this

-~Ishagu~-

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,678 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

They've updated the psychic awakening faction picture to include everyone:

Nova-Aug29-40k-NewRaceIcons8frs-500x377.

Hardly! Where are my Zoats?*

*Does not in fact own any Zoats.

Glad to see that we might see psycher/anti psycher cogboys. :)

Shrike has really grown on me ovenight. I joked about the hair earlier but I wish I hadn't after so many complaints about it.

Who here isn't going to collect a full army of Sisters but will still pick up a squad or two anyway? I want to vote with my wallet that this range refresh was a good idea but I don't have the time or money for a full army of them. I might get a squad of sisters and a Penitent Engine unless they release something else that I like even more.

A variant ‘electro-priest’ cult that either overcharges or nullifies warp energy using Blackstone weaponry would be cool. Or some new kind of automata that incorporates it to generate a null field bubble would be pretty damn tasty.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,053 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Will be interesting to see where things go over the next year or two. I wonder how long this series will be? Vigilus was called a series with just two books. So could be the same. On the other hand they talk about multiple theatres of war so who knows.

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Azaiel

Azaiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 413 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch, Orks

The picture with the different faction icons have been uploaded again with the missing factions.

• Bryan Blaire likes this

gallery_48988_15738_17267.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_13427.png

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,826 posts

Well well well, GW showed us the teaser that was being teased, just to tease us a bit more.

Well played. Also BT ships. noice.

• Volt, Panzer and point_Zer0 like this

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,053 posts

Well well well, GW showed us the teaser that was being teased, just to tease us a bit more.
Well played. Also BT ships. noice.

I was pleased to see those BT ships too!

Strange that apparently baal is being attacked by tyranids again though
  • Sete likes this

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

QimRas

QimRas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17 posts

The picture with the different faction icons have been uploaded again with the missing factions.

Nice! That explains why they took it down.

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,028 posts

Will be interesting to see where things go over the next year or two. I wonder how long this series will be? Vigilus was called a series with just two books. So could be the same. On the other hand they talk about multiple theatres of war so who knows.

5 or so would be good, theyll probably be a couple of months apart too

What will the campaigns/combos be?
Blood Angels v Nids
Orks v various on Armageddon

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,678 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

Blood Angels v Nids

I hope they treat it like the Mortal Realms. Each one is an individual Warzone with different major players, objectives, wins and losses. Fully fleshed out Fleetmasters and their major sub-commanders would be really welcome as well. 

• Blindhamster and Shinespider like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,059 posts

I hope they treat it like the Mortal Realms. Each one is an individual Warzone with different major players, objectives, wins and losses. Fully fleshed out Fleetmasters and their major sub-commanders would be really welcome as well.

That would be great. The pessimist in me says that it won't be much more if anything other than endless spells for most factions while some (read Imperium and Eldar) get significantly more support.
  • Marshal Rohr likes this

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,053 posts

Blood Angels v Nids

that would be awesome

The Blood Raven

The Blood Raven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,167 posts
  • Faction: Cosmic Chorus
I’m now thinking psychic awakening is just the brand name for whatever GW releases for the next 12-24 months. Every faction getting new rules or models doesn’t mean every faction gets psychic models, does it? The banshees are not psychic, but are new models. Sure, it’ll have campaign coating, but the juicy nougat is rules and models.

Edited by The Blood Raven, 29 August 2019 - 12:10 PM.

• pandion40, Gundric and Dark Shepherd like this

Gundric

Gundric

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 43 posts
  • Faction: White Scars, Death Guard.

I’m now thinking psychic awakening is just the brand name for whatever GW releases for the next 12-24 months. Every faction getting new rules or models doesn’t mean every faction gets psychic models, does it? The banshees are not psychic, but are new models. Sure, it’ll have campaign coating, but the juicy nougat is rules and models.

Yes, its like AoS has themed releases over a year or two, it's the direction the lore will be going in the short term. It will be interesting to see where it goes.

• The Blood Raven likes this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,779 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

0 faith in their ability to tell a good story, I just want my Chaos Sorcerer model. :P If they're taking the opportunity to bring new kits (Banshees) for factions that badly need them that's a great silver lining though

• Shinespider and Lord Marshal like this

rCsoqE7.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,242 posts
It’s worth reiterating that they say all factions get new rules which doesn’t mean we’re all getting new models sadly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Psychic Awakening event

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users