Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psychic Awakening Announcement

Psychic Awakening event

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
440 replies to this topic

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,062 posts

I think Marshal's bet on a Chaos Sorcerer is a good one, though - we still haven't resolved that Rumor Mill pic with the dragon-face that's identical to sorcerer backpacks. 

I wouldn't bet on everyone getting Endless Spells, though. I feel like we're more likely to see a kind of divide between Psyker and Anti-Psyker, with the former getting Endless Spells and the latter getting something else. 

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,065 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Wellll since WE can't have ANY type of spells i guess ill just settle for new zerkers

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Wellll since WE can't have ANY type of spells i guess ill just settle for new zerkers

*cough* Priests and manifestations of rage *cough*

• Noserenda and Zephaniah Adriyen like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,826 posts
So this is Indomitus fleet Primus:
Cant find anything on Kallides battleground.

"Fleet Primus comprised the most individual battlegroups of any Indomitus Crusade Fleet, and it set out not upon a single heading but instead diverged into several spearheads that further fractured as they spread out from Terra.

Wherever the battlegroups of Fleet Primus surged into the fight they drove back the hordes of Heretics and xenos that threatened to overrun Mankind, relighting the beacons of the Imperium and leaving trails of space-borne debris and mountains of enemy dead in their wake."

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,437 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

"Fleet Primus comprised the most individual battlegroups of any Indomitus Crusade Fleet, and it set out not upon a single heading but instead diverged into several spearheads that further fractured as they spread out from Terra.

Wherever the battlegroups of Fleet Primus surged into the fight they drove back the hordes of Heretics and xenos that threatened to overrun Mankind, relighting the beacons of the Imperium and leaving trails of space-borne debris and mountains of enemy dead in their wake."

I imagine you'd be pretty happy with a BT boxset and a few further character releases. I have a feeling it's really coming
  • Black Blow Fly likes this

-~Ishagu~-

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,429 posts

You have to look at the bigger picture my friend. msn-wink.gif

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,826 posts

I imagine you'd be pretty happy with a BT boxset and a few further character releases. I have a feeling it's really coming

You aren't wrong. I would be delighted.
This teaser wasn't enough.

Battybattybats

Battybattybats

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,452 posts
I’ll be shocked if part of this won’t be at least two more noctilith/blackstone terrain pieces. A Cawl/Mechanicus/imperial one and a Necron one.

Mr4Minutes

Mr4Minutes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 662 posts
So drawing a comparison. In AoS armies that do not have wizards still get endless spells, they just name them differently and change the mechanic slightly. Even Khorne has them.

So we could see armies like Tau or Necrons getting endless spell like abilities. Something Crypteks or Ethereals cast.

Should be really interesting.

Edited by Mr4Minutes, 29 August 2019 - 04:57 PM.

Subtleknife

Subtleknife

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 789 posts
Where has the endless spell suggestion come from. I honestly didn't get that vibe from the trailer.

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,285 posts
It means I can keep my fingers crossed for primaris chainsword and new flayed one's so I am cautiously optimistic. Frankly the fact that shrike got re done gives me great hope for a plastic lysander re do, although how useful he will be without close combat guys to support him I'm not sure.

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,437 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
The trailers makes me think it has nothing to do with spells.

Just cool campaign books focused on each faction. It makes sense now as all codexes are out. It's also a great way to release models here and there for different armies.
  • Juggernut, pandion40, Subtleknife and 3 others like this

-~Ishagu~-

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,887 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

Where has the endless spell suggestion come from. I honestly didn't get that vibe from the trailer.

I’d assumed that’s what it would be before this preview, but yeah I don’t think that’s what it is now.
  • Son of Carnelian and pandion40 like this

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,678 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Endless spells and terrain with rules have been so popular I don’t see how they don’t work their way in somehow. Like we obviously can’t talk about their rules and stuff here, but they are fun and cool.

Edited by Marshal Rohr, 29 August 2019 - 07:19 PM.

• Panzer likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,242 posts

Endless spells and terrain with rules have been so popular I don’t see how they don’t work their way in somehow. Like we obviously can’t talk about their rules and stuff here, but they are fun and cool.

I’m still shocked the SM codex didn’t have terrain with rules (I don’t agree with the thought that the drop pod fills that slot)

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,678 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

I’m still shocked the SM codex didn’t have terrain with rules (I don’t agree with the thought that the drop pod fills that slot)
Drop Pods definitely fill that slot (for me at least). I love watching a table slowly build up with deployed pods over the course of a game.

Edited by Marshal Rohr, 29 August 2019 - 08:32 PM.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Mr4Minutes

Mr4Minutes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 662 posts
My basis was an educated guess. Endless spells were introduced to AoS during a “psychic event” that caused powers to grow.
I assumed that GW was doing the same with 40k. As was mentioned above, introducing a new model line that’s almost mandatory for every army is a good sales driver.

A counterpoint to that I heard on the long war podcast: someone at the showcase quoted a GW rep there who said the psychic awakening would not be endless spells in 40k. Now it’s a quote of a quote so there’s context missing. I don’t know if that means there will be no endless spells or that it will be more then just endless spells.

Either way I see the DeathWatch symbol and the Necron symbol, which are both armies I play and want Vigilus style detachments for.
  • NTaW likes this

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,059 posts

Before the video I thought it was going to be endless spells.

I have thought that mechanic is going to find it's way into 40k for a while. Models with slight rules tweaks or whole rules have come to find their way into Wh40k. It makes sense as it's one box used in 2 systems.

Also, endless spells find their way into every army. So WE, Black Templar, Tau, Necrons can participate in the psychic phase in a meaningful way without having "Psykers"

Edited by Raven1, 29 August 2019 - 11:43 PM.

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,857 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
They can work endless psychic effects/spells/technomancy into the game through the "psychic awakening events." One does not preclude the other. Some of them can even be wild effects brought on by actual in-game rogue psykers/psychic uplifting of humans, etc.
  • Panzer and RipOffProductions like this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Ficinus

Ficinus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 621 posts
It's not endless spells, it's endless psychic phenomena.
  • Mr4Minutes likes this

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,527 posts

Calling it now, if they bring us endless spells, Wolves get an upgrade to that spell which is just ghost wolves as an extra melee attack which is ghost wolves as a unit spawning thing. Also, Black Templars and Khorne both gain spell-equivalents.

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15808_1006.pnggallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_2719.pnggallery_30308_9518_3596.jpggallery_48988_16308_29741.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_8698.pnggallery_48988_16308_20607.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,028 posts

Calling it now, if they bring us endless spells, Wolves get an upgrade to that spell which is just ghost wolves as an extra melee attack which is ghost wolves as a unit spawning thing.

Hook that censored.gif up to my veins

Edited by Brother Casman, 30 August 2019 - 11:15 AM.
Use the swear emoji if you really must swear

• Zephaniah Adriyen likes this

sairence

sairence

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 659 posts

They've updated the psychic awakening faction picture to include everyone:

Nova-Aug29-40k-NewRaceIcons8frs-500x377.

Still missing Inquisition and Sisters of Silence as far as I'm concerned. :P
  • Inquisitor Eisenhorn and librisrouge like this
gallery_30308_9518_8251.png

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,429 posts

Still missing Inquisition and Sisters of Silence as far as I'm concerned. tongue.png

What's that Fleur de Lis at the bottom for then?

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Still missing Inquisition and Sisters of Silence as far as I'm concerned. tongue.png

What's that Fleur de Lis at the bottom for then?

Same it has always been for. Sisters of BATTLE. ;)

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Psychic Awakening event

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users