Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psychic Awakening Announcement

Psychic Awakening event

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
440 replies to this topic

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,445 posts

Same it has always been for. Sisters of BATTLE. msn-wink.gif

facepalm.png

God damn it why do GW have such similar names for so many things.

I'm gonna go get a coffee, I obviously need it...

Edited by DeadFingers, 30 August 2019 - 06:40 AM.

• Felix Antipodes likes this

Spagunk

Spagunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,151 posts
Sisters of silence are rolled into talons of the emperor so should be covered by the "custodes" symbol?

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_40907_9492_4019.gifgallery_62972_10568_7658.jpggallery_62972_10568_31437.jpg

I am on Instagram now! Follow me at https://www.instagra...warhamsandwich/

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,643 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

I feel like what we really need is some serious anti-psychic abilities to shut down Smite Pharms like Thousand Sons .

Thousand Sons daemon princes and character smite need nerfing in line with Grey Knights, that's it. TS aren't a problem, its mixed chaos lists with TS characters.

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,612 posts

I feel like what we really need is some serious anti-psychic abilities to shut down Smite Pharms like Thousand Sons .

Thousand Sons daemon princes and character smite need nerfing in line with Grey Knights, that's it. TS aren't a problem, its mixed chaos lists with TS characters.

I can guarantee you that if 'smite' is turned down during the psychic awakening, then it will be replaced by something far more sinister. Thousand Sons live off of it. It's pretty much their main way of dealing with a lot of different things... well that and soup.  Thousand Sons are pretty devoid of anything out side of the psychic phase right now. I would imagine Psychic Awakening would give some more options to all armies that relied too heavily on one or two clutch powers. At least that's what I'm hoping.

I have a feeling the Psychic Awakening is just a way to open a storyline for the Sisters of Battle (SoS?) to be brought to the forefront. If we see the campaign based on this premise, it means a growing psychic threat from the warp, and from Xenos. This will result in a great psychic defense requirement by the Imperium. In some cases it means psychic vs psychic. In others (Tau, Necrons, etc) it means having a way to avoid/defeat/shut it down. 

Either way it feels to me more story driven than rules driven.

• The Blood Raven and Nemesor Tyriks like this

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 914 posts
Unless there is a big retcon there are no psychic custodes.
I assume most of the new rules will either be new psychic or anti-psychic in nature.

I think it would make sense to release the SOS for 40k as part of the custodes list like in 30k, SOS are how custodes deal with psi shenanigans in 30k.
GW can just FAQ a keyword into the custodes and SOS to let them exist in the same list.

Either that or the custodes update in the psychic awakening let's them take psi-titans.
  • Zephaniah Adriyen likes this

matcap86

matcap86

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 207 posts
  • Faction: DA, Custo, Ad-mech, GsC, SoB

Unless there is a big retcon there are no psychic custodes.
I assume most of the new rules will either be new psychic or anti-psychic in nature.

I think it would make sense to release the SOS for 40k as part of the custodes list like in 30k, SOS are how custodes deal with psi shenanigans in 30k.
GW can just FAQ a keyword into the custodes and SOS to let them exist in the same list.

Either that or the custodes update in the psychic awakening let's them take psi-titans.

I'm thinking the psychic awakening is more the overall story theme of the campaign, spanning across systems instead of a: everyone gets a unit to do with pskyers.
  • Dosjetka, wildweasel and Tipsy Techpriest like this

RipOffProductions

RipOffProductions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 575 posts

I'm convinced the Black Templars will get something, featuring their ships in that cinematic is not a coincidence biggrin.png

Part of me hopes that if/when Battle Fleet Gothic gets a new iteration that Black Templars are the flagship Space Marine faction instead of the Ultramarines, the are easily the most famous Fleet-based Chapter after all.

but to get back on-topic, I can't wait to see what my Imperial Knights are getting, I know Chaos knights got some kind of Psyker/Daemonic Knight option in their Codex, but then again it seems that earlier speculation that this whole "psykic awakening" thing was 40K endless spells might be wrong means it could be anything...

• Tipsy Techpriest likes this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,633 posts

I'm convinced the Black Templars will get something, featuring their ships in that cinematic is not a coincidence biggrin.png

Part of me hopes that if/when Battle Fleet Gothic gets a new iteration that Black Templars are the flagship Space Marine faction instead of the Ultramarines, the are easily the most famous Fleet-based Chapter after all.

but to get back on-topic, I can't wait to see what my Imperial Knights are getting, I know Chaos knights got some kind of Psyker/Daemonic Knight option in their Codex, but then again it seems that earlier speculation that this whole "psykic awakening" thing was 40K endless spells might be wrong means it could be anything...

Dark Angels would like a word with you in cell 42.....

But in regards to the topic at hand: Psychic Knights would be badass. And hopefully the thing for Custodes is more deny the witch or maybe just they're making it Talons of the Emperor and Sisters of Silence are getting rolled into the Custodes codex , which is what I'd prefer to be honest, as I've wanted to play a proper Talons force since the box set for it came out.

• RipOffProductions, Zephaniah Adriyen and StrangerOrders like this

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,884 posts
Dark Angels can have all the words they want. People tend to forget that DA are fleet based with all that Caliban talk.

While it was nice seeing a couple of BT ships it can mean nothing.

Edited by Sete, 31 August 2019 - 01:51 PM.

• RipOffProductions and Zephaniah Adriyen like this

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,527 posts

But in regards to the topic at hand: Psychic Knights would be badass. And hopefully the thing for Custodes is more deny the witch or maybe just they're making it Talons of the Emperor and Sisters of Silence are getting rolled into the Custodes codex , which is what I'd prefer to be honest, as I've wanted to play a proper Talons force since the box set for it came out.

YeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. This. Psychic Knights and Talons becoming a real thing in 40k would be great.

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15808_1006.pnggallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_2719.pnggallery_30308_9518_3596.jpggallery_48988_16308_29741.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_8698.pnggallery_48988_16308_20607.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Subtleknife

Subtleknife

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 806 posts
No psychic knights would be horrible. It is nice having a faction be good at some things and not good at others. Knights are great at shooting and cc but vulnerable to psykers. It creates an interesting dynamic.
  • andes, mel_danes, Noserenda and 5 others like this

Hellex_The_Thanatar

Hellex_The_Thanatar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,120 posts

No psychic knights would be horrible. It is nice having a faction be good at some things and not good at others. Knights are great at shooting and cc but vulnerable to psykers. It creates an interesting dynamic.

.....well there are psychic titans. Not sure why a knight couldn't be.
  • Zephaniah Adriyen likes this

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,130 posts

Chaos Knights can already be psykers though...

• Juggernut and Zephaniah Adriyen like this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,008 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

VwCDsQr.png

A Gravis Librarian, perhaps?

• mithrilforge, Petitioner's City and Oxydo like this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,913 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

IIRC, no, that's just an image they have used before for the standard Primaris Librarian in Tacticus. Trying to find the source again.
  • Marshal Loss likes this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,975 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)
Definitely looks like it, but still 3 months out?!
sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,008 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

IIRC, no, that's just an image they have used before for the standard Primaris Librarian in Tacticus. Trying to find the source again.

Oops, my Primaris illiteracy on full display here

• Wispy likes this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,643 posts

The regular non-Phobos Primaris Librarian has those segmented belly plates that look aggressor-ish while the Gravis armoured Inceptors have regular torsos more like the Intercessor version.

You're not the first person the psychic hood has thrown off.

Edited by Brother Casman, 03 September 2019 - 11:17 AM.
Removed off topic discussion

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,913 posts

Nah - it's because the image is from the most recent Blood Angels 'Dex.

It definitely looks like it could be Gravis from the drawing, but the details all line up with the Tacticus Librarian that is currently for sale.

Hopefully we see the Gravis Librarian in whatever the next wave of Primaris will be - along with a new Gravis Captain - similar to how we saw all the Phobos variant wearing HQs with the Vanguard release.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,963 posts
So I'm assuming we find out about this in oct.?

:/
banana

quasistellar

quasistellar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 367 posts
Hmm it does resemble gravis, but there's no big chunky plates on the legs, and the segmented abdomen armor has rounded cutouts instead of straight plates like gravis has. I think the hood is just greatly exaggerated in this art piece.

It is interesting that it's got a blood angels Aquila though instead of being drawn as an Ultramarine. I haven't seen this art before--is it in the blood angels codex?

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,913 posts

Hmm it does resemble gravis, but there's no big chunky plates on the legs, and the segmented abdomen armor has rounded cutouts instead of straight plates like gravis has. I think the hood is just greatly exaggerated in this art piece.

It is interesting that it's got a blood angels Aquila though instead of being drawn as an Ultramarine. I haven't seen this art before--is it in the blood angels codex?

Nah - it's because the image is from the most recent Blood Angels 'Dex.

It definitely looks like it could be Gravis from the drawing, but the details all line up with the Tacticus Librarian that is currently for sale.
Hopefully we see the Gravis Librarian in whatever the next wave of Primaris will be - along with a new Gravis Captain - similar to how we saw all the Phobos variant wearing HQs with the Vanguard release.

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,135 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

considering the dark angels teaser in WD, and the fact that fellow is a blood angel, perhaps hints of them getting updates?

or the important fact is he is a librarian and they didnt want to use a tigarius art

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,527 posts

VwCDsQr.png

Primaris Librarians have always had a cross between Tacticus and Gravis armor, just look at Codex: Space Marines v1.

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15808_1006.pnggallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_2719.pnggallery_30308_9518_3596.jpggallery_48988_16308_29741.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_8698.pnggallery_48988_16308_20607.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,913 posts

Primaris Librarians have always had a cross between Tacticus and Gravis armor, just look at Codex: Space Marines v1.

What makes you say that?

The model at least only seems like stylized Tacticus with an incorporated psychic hood, it doesn’t seem to have hallmarks of Gravis, so I always thought it was just the artist’s rendition making it seem heftier than it really was.
  • Panzer likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Psychic Awakening event

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users