Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psychic Awakening Announcement

Psychic Awakening event

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
440 replies to this topic

Trevak Dal

Trevak Dal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,337 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion (Night Blades)

In a few places on FB there were Space Wolves players asking if their faction will be participating in these campaigns. GW's FB replies were mostly along the lines of "they won't give up the chance to attack a planet full of psykers"

Calling it now: Sortiarius invasion.

That is a terrible idea. ANY invasion to a Eye World/Eye Space is always a terrible idea unless you don't have a choice.
  • Juggernut and Dark Shepherd like this

"Our Turn" - Centurion Khârn.

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,289 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

In a few places on FB there were Space Wolves players asking if their faction will be participating in these campaigns. GW's FB replies were mostly along the lines of "they won't give up the chance to attack a planet full of psykers"

Calling it now: Sortiarius invasion.

That is a terrible idea. ANY invasion to a Eye World/Eye Space is always a terrible idea unless you don't have a choice.

Sortiarius is in Real Space now. The Prospero System to be exact. Magnus' efforts on Fenris during the Wrath of Magnus Campaign were all going towards teleporting Sortiarius into Real Space.

So while the TS celebrate "Magnus - The Homecoming, we prepare ourselves for "Prospero Burns 2: Primarch Boogaloo"
  • Ranulf, Kinstryfe, templargdt and 4 others like this

q6c0AMP.pngUZREYOk.pngrm0hCox.png4bqeAKq.pngSuMQ47R.png

Archaeinox

Archaeinox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,157 posts

Boogaloo

Well it was nice knowing you, they're watching

F

• templargdt and nanosquid like this

"You're a wizard, Ahri"

"Discgoat for Harambe"

malika666

malika666

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,101 posts

A Gravis Librarian, perhaps?

IIRC, no, that's just an image they have used before for the standard Primaris Librarian in Tacticus. Trying to find the source again.
That's odd for GW...I mean, all their modern artwork tends to be direct product placements.
  • Black Blow Fly likes this

Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Troll Forged Miniatures

Sciror

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,924 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

That's odd for GW...I mean, all their modern artwork tends to be direct product placements.

What's odd about it? It lines up with the current Tacticus armored Librarian, reflects the model's appearance.

med_gallery_59244_7045_103916.png

Yes, the sword is held down instead of up like on the model, and the other arm has the fist clenched and rotated over 180 degrees rather than having an outstretched hand, but you can see the cabling has rotated with the arm, so the details are still all there and line up (although the Aquila skull in the drawing appears to have a halo, and the hood seems to comes further forward in the drawing).
  • fire golem and DeadFingers like this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

A Gravis Librarian, perhaps?

IIRC, no, that's just an image they have used before for the standard Primaris Librarian in Tacticus. Trying to find the source again.

It's 1:1 the existing model though. The perspective is different and maybe dimensions are a bit off, that's all.

• fire golem likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,529 posts

Primaris Librarians have always had a cross between Tacticus and Gravis armor, just look at Codex: Space Marines v1.

What makes you say that?

The model at least only seems like stylized Tacticus with an incorporated psychic hood, it doesn’t seem to have hallmarks of Gravis, so I always thought it was just the artist’s rendition making it seem heftier than it really was.

Gravis belly-plates?

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15808_1006.pnggallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_2719.pnggallery_30308_9518_3596.jpggallery_48988_16308_29741.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_8698.pnggallery_48988_16308_20607.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,924 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

Gravis belly-plates?

Could be, but no pauldrons or apparent chest plate makes me think that they are just stylized Tacticus plates all around.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,552 posts

Did you guys just spend a whole page discussing a single marine breastplate?

As for PA, I would like more information. As in, any. "It's a campaign!" doesn't really tell us much.

Don't forget, it's a campaign that touches everyone.

My theory is that it'll be as big and lore changing as the end times in WFB. GW likely learned a lot from that transition.

Edited by Lemondish, 05 September 2019 - 08:22 PM.

• Dark Shepherd likes this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,456 posts

I wouldn't mention the End Times if I were you, it makes people go into full doomsayer mode. And I wouldn't say it's as "lore changing" as End Times were either, since there's nothing as lore changing as ending an entire setting, and that's not what's happening here.

Instead, I'd say it's something akin to Malign Portents. Instead of an isolated campaign like Vigilus was, Malign Portents was an overarching narrative, going over different scenarios and conflicts involving many factions, which all intertwined and joined into a final, flashy event with narrative consequences, which eventually developed into the next narrative event, Forbidden Power.

I expect Psychic Awakening to play out in a very similar manner. We'll get stories of conflicts from around the galaxy, they'll cover the perspective of plenty of factions, all factions will get stuff as they say, but some will get more significant releases, they'll plant the seeds for new factions and future conflicts to appear, and at the end of it, the Psychic Awakening will happen, whatever it is, and they'll release something big and shiny and then some time later we'll get to see its consequences as we approach the next narrative thing.

And speaking of "whatever it is", the more I think about it, the more I think the Ynnari will be actively involved. Every time the Ynnari are mentioned, there's a reference to Ynnead's awakening. And the first models revealed for Psychic Awakening have been Howling Banshees. Fishy. Fishy fishy.

Edited by DeadFingers, 05 September 2019 - 08:56 PM.

• mithrilforge, Kinstryfe, Walter Payton and 1 other like this

RandyB

RandyB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts

I predict a simplification of the product line, meaning that one or more entire armies will pass on to the Legends list.

Note as always, that my predictive track record is currently 0-for-all.

• Prot, Black Blow Fly and templargdt like this

Put the toys on the table and throw the dice. Everything else is just noise.

...Unless you're just in this for the modeling. In which case, show your work. Yours likely looks better than mine, anyway.

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 846 posts
Didn’t the announcement actually say it’s not a major campaign, and just a series of new warzones or conflicts, kinda like the Baal, Fenris and Damocles Gulf conflicts we had in 7th edition?

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,628 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

I predict a simplification of the product line, meaning that one or more entire armies will pass on to the Legends list.

Which one?

Didn’t the announcement actually say it’s not a major campaign, and just a series of new warzones or conflicts, kinda like the Baal, Fenris and Damocles Gulf conflicts we had in 7th edition?

They said multiple books with models and lore we won't believe.

I'm expecting 12 books, each featuring two factions, each launching with be models.

-~Ishagu~-

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,552 posts
Alongside the consistent low rumblings of an 8.5 rulebook refresh, some of the things mentioned lately are that the first book is Eldar focused and is titled Phoenix Rising.

Edited by Lemondish, 05 September 2019 - 10:02 PM.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,740 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
They won’t squat any 40k factions. Just make them copyrightable.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,456 posts

Alongside the consistent low rumblings of an 8.5 rulebook refresh, some of the things mentioned lately are that the first book is Eldar focused and is titled Phoenix Rising.

The question is, which Phoenix?

Trench

Trench

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 104 posts
  • Faction: Tyranids

The question is, which Phoenix?

I would assume Jain Zar since we know plastic Howling Banshees are coming. 

• Legionnaire of the VIIth likes this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,987 posts

Which one?

They said multiple books with models and lore we won't believe.

I'm expecting 12 books, each featuring two factions, each launching with be models.

They said each book will contain atleast 2 factions.

I see 4-8, 12 books is a book a month, that's a bit much I think
banana

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,456 posts

I would assume Jain Zar since we know plastic Howling Banshees are coming. 

No, I mean which Phoenixmsn-wink.gif

I know it's 99% likely to be Jain Zar and the remaining 1% the other Phoenix Lords, I'm just being cheeky.

Edited by DeadFingers, 05 September 2019 - 10:50 PM.

• Doctor Perils and Zephaniah Adriyen like this

RandyB

RandyB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts

Which one?

I hesitate to be specific. I only have the "no one will believe you" half of Cassandra's curse, not the "all your predictions will be 100% accurate" half. :)

That said, I'd look at the non-Chaos armies not present in Vigilus as a starting point.

Put the toys on the table and throw the dice. Everything else is just noise.

...Unless you're just in this for the modeling. In which case, show your work. Yours likely looks better than mine, anyway.

Subtleknife

Subtleknife

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 813 posts
I wonder if they are going to introduce new SM models with these books if that was the reason why suppressors were not shown off for the initial release wave, could it be that they might get a multipart kit with potentially the hellfury being the other part to the kit? All guess work.

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,413 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
If/when we see more news about the Psychic Awakening, we'll reopen this discussion.

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,378 posts

New Warcom Update:

https://www.warhamme...e-galaxy-stirs/

Lets keep to the news at hand Brothers.

"Pheonix Rising" plus new banshees coming. Way too cryptic for me, it could mean anything!

Edited by PeteySödes, 06 September 2019 - 04:51 PM.

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,132 posts

I really like the way the set up that specific website, looks like they can set up multiple corridors of battle in a neat way. 

• Dolchiate Remembrancer likes this

Kilofix

Kilofix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,185 posts
  • Faction: Radicals, Renegades & Heretics
New article! No actual new info...
gallery_75122_9925_245.pnggallery_75122_9925_845.pnggallery_75122_9925_2931.pnggallery_75122_9925_34773.jpeggallery_75122_9925_17742.pnggallery_75122_9925_17937.pnggallery_75122_9925_15020.png
“Imperial counter-strike massacred on Isstvan Five. Vulkan and Corax missing. Ferrus Manus dead. Night Lords, Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion and Word Bearers are with Horus Lupercal”

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Psychic Awakening event

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users