Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psychic Awakening Announcement

Psychic Awakening event

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
440 replies to this topic

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,126 posts

Maybe the elven civil war will be a segway for GW to promote a "mono-faction" benefit similar to the new marines.

I hope not, or my biggest fear will come to pass of uneccessary power creep...

Eldar are *already* plenty strong as a mono faction. Marines needed the incentive to curb soup and make them stronger in their own right.

Eldar and plenty of other factions don't need more bonuses.

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,075 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

If you close enough at that gem, you can see Rogal Dorn. HE LIVES.

Who had 40 min after release? Pass up your betting slips.

Hahaha

In other news, finding the images in hidden in the code:

Spoiler

What code?

Shadowseer

Shadowseer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 92 posts
  • Faction: Eldar
So excited! More background and character for my lovely Eldarssses

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,824 posts

Just inspect the website Element and go through the source code :)

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,460 posts

From what I'm seeing by investigating around, those wings with the rune-gem in the middle are all over the Eldar codex, so nothing new there.

On the other hand, I'm learning some things about Iyanden's recent history in particular and the Eldar in general, and there are some mentions over the Internet about the "Phoenix Rising" referring to Spiritseer Iyanna Arienal preparing to cast the Craftworld's souls into the Infinity Circuit, hoping that it'll hasten Ynnead's awakening, but for now I'm unable to find anything official about that.

But with Iyanden being a strong ally of the Ynnari, and being known as the "ghost warriors" because they have so many wraith-constructs, it seems fitting that the next step towards awakening Ynnead would take place there. However, there's another little fact about Iyanden, and that's the fact that it houses the shrine of Asuryan, the Phoenix King, which had a burning flame in it that was extinguished long ago, but as it turns out, it seems it has started to burn again. On its own.

So yeah, lots of little bits lining up around that particular Craftworld.

• Doctor Perils likes this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,029 posts

Just inspect the website Element and go through the source code :)

That images is also attached to the article.

I do like in the interactive map we can see the two"gates" through the citrax.
banana

Lagrath

Lagrath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,131 posts
  • Faction: Hexfleet Virules

I wonder if GW will develop the NLs attack on Ulthwe with this Eldar focused campaign.

I have been waiting for that all edition.

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,011 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)

From what I'm seeing by investigating around, those wings with the rune-gem in the middle are all over the Eldar codex, so nothing new there.

On the other hand, I'm learning some things about Iyanden's recent history in particular and the Eldar in general, and there are some mentions over the Internet about the "Phoenix Rising" referring to Spiritseer Iyanna Arienal preparing to cast the Craftworld's souls into the Infinity Circuit, hoping that it'll hasten Ynnead's awakening, but for now I'm unable to find anything official about that.

But with Iyanden being a strong ally of the Ynnari, and being known as the "ghost warriors" because they have so many wraith-constructs, it seems fitting that the next step towards awakening Ynnead would take place there. However, there's another little fact about Iyanden, and that's the fact that it houses the shrine of Asuryan, the Phoenix King, which had a burning flame in it that was extinguished long ago, but as it turns out, it seems it has started to burn again. On its own.

So yeah, lots of little bits lining up around that particular Craftworld.

Prince Yriel is also the last known descendent of Ulthanash, and as he was recently resurrected by the Ynnari, perhaps the line of Ulthanash shall be rekindled?

And where Ulthanash treads, Eldanesh is never far...

sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

Filkarion

Filkarion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 357 posts
  • Faction: Sublime Sound Seekers

Phoenix is a clear reference to the Eldars... but could it be a reference to Fulgrim also? Could be a good pairing of foes 

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_2016_Medal_02_Primus_Inter_Pares.gifETL_2016_Badge_08_Badge_of_the_Hero.jpgETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gifETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Xenos_Tyranigallery_48988_15465_18674.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15808_16184.pngMy Sublime Sound Seekers Slaanesh army

The Skull Knight

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,934 posts
Via Kikasstou on the french forum:

"I read somewhere that it would be rather Orks vs SW and I do not know pss or but with Ghazkull and Ragnar

I also read somewhere that the BT will arrive very quickly and they are really pissed off. My personal opinion I would a piece on the Volume 1 of Psychic Awakening"

Translated via google.

So BT gets rules on a supplement an probably 0 BT specific miniatures.

Edited by Sete, 07 September 2019 - 10:32 AM.

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,271 posts
If the first campaign in Eldar civil war let alone anyone else popping up then that decent in terms of number of factions per book/number of books

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts

So if there are only four stages to this campaign, I think it's safe to say that there will be at last three major factions per campaign: one from the Imperium, one Alien and one spare if you count Chaos as one big faction without subdivisions (CSM, Daemons, etc...).

• Dark Shepherd likes this

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

Archaeinox

Archaeinox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,166 posts

I told ya'll days ago that GW was telling panicking space wolves players on FB that their faction wouldn't miss an opportunity to burn an entire planet of psykers

Edited by Archaeinox, 07 September 2019 - 12:29 PM.

• nanosquid likes this

"You're a wizard, Ahri"

"Discgoat for Harambe"

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,787 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Regionally:

1: Eldar, Sisters
2: Orks, Guard, World Eaters
3: Blood Angels, Tyranids
4: Dark Angels, Wolves

Sprinkle in the also rans with updated ranges to taste. I’m thinking we will see a basic troop rework for Orks, Guard, Necrons, and Eldar (the only races with old troop kits). The races with troops they’re happy with will get characters. Everyone will likely get a psychic phase character or ability.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,660 posts
  • Faction: Orks!
I’m not really sure we’ll see “basic” box revamps like that. GW’s been fairly reserved about producing new versions of old plastic products, even in their current mass release philosophy. Maybe it’s a little less doubtful now, since they finally gave the basic Chaos Marine box the redo it so sorely deserved, but I’d still say those sets are more likely to remain than not.

Admittedly, this opinion could also be motivated by the five bazillion Orks I have, and not wanting them to suddenly be out of date... :P
  • FlamingDeth, SlasherHawk and Legionnaire of the VIIth like this

gallery_23421_16101_14266.png

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,787 posts
I have tiers of what I expect to get a rework. Most Likely, Likely, and Maybe Not. Given their philosophy of not invalidating old models, I don’t think the basic troops will replace existing kits (with the exceptions of Guardians and Necron Warriors). Instead I imagine they’ll keep the Cadian kits and release an ‘elite’ guard squad in between Guardsmen and Scions with longer range lasguns and maybe greatcoats that can go in every regiment. Necron Warriors will probably get either a new warrior kit without the glow rods, or they’ll get a Primaris Warrior that is essentially just a rescaled warrior without a glow rod, maybe with a close combat version. Guardians have to get a rework so they can have storm squads and normal Guardians per the no rules without plastic models caveat they are working under. As for orks, I bet they keep boys as they are, and release a scarboy squad of bigger orks that are smaller than nobz and have less options.
  • Son of Carnelian likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

nanosquid

nanosquid

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 171 posts

I'd just like to point out that as I was referencing the Ork codex map for the location of Armageddon, and I was reminded of something big. Literally and figuratively big. They mention that Ghazgkull has apparently been sighted in multiple warzones across the galaxy at once, and idly I decided to count them up. He's reported in 7 different locations. How many clans are there again, if you count freebooterz?

What if certain notable characters have gotten big enough to be mistaken for Ghaz?

• Legionnaire of the VIIth likes this

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 858 posts

Regionally:

2: Orks, Guard, World Eaters, BT
4: Dark Angels, Wolves, KSons

I know you’re trying to not get your hopes too high up, but you know you want to include them in #2...

Necrons could also fit into #3.

Also of note, #4, which so far we can assume would conclude the series (either Psychic Awakening as a whole or PA wave 1), could conveniently have as its conclusion a returning I or VI Primarch to jump-start the next event/series...
  • Marshal Rohr likes this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,152 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

No more Sanguinius speculation...please. whistling.gif

Anyway, I don't think we'll see much in the way of basic troop reworks with these campaigns, although I certainly hope I'm wrong when it comes to certain units like Eldar Guardians. I'd be curious to see a revamp of an Ork/Guardsmen box though simply to see whether they keep any of the posability of the original kits, the lack of which would presumably be a bigger negative for those factions than it is for CSM/SM, etc.

• Juggernut likes this

bRxSYDV.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Death Guard Warband: The Fourth Seal

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 924 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Regionally:

I know you’re trying to not get your hopes too high up, but you know you want to include them in #2...

Also of note, #4, which so far we can assume would conclude the series (either Psychic Awakening as a whole or PA wave 1), could conveniently have as its conclusion a returning I or VI Primarch to jump-start the next event/series...

I could see BT being in the same wave as the SOB, joining up for a war of faith Vs the xenos and heretic.

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 858 posts

I could see BT being in the same wave as the SOB, joining up for a war of faith Vs the xenos and heretic.

They’d be a far better fit on Armageddon though, especially since Helbrecht has an itch to scratch there...

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,787 posts

Regionally:

I’m tired of being disappointed :(

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,404 posts

I'm just gonna believe it when I see it, at this point. 

I would like to point out that I find it unlikely that any of the campaign points would be without marine precense however, except perhaps the first one, as that's by all signs gonna be pulling all stops to push the new sisters. 

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,271 posts
BT in first wave/book with sisters fits a few rumours plus the BT ships with the sistet fleet in the teaser video

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,973 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

I’m tired of being disappointed :(

Sadly, they used phrasing like "unbelievable" and "decades old plot points being tied up" in regards to the narrative - your position may need some additional fortifying...

I don't know - I'm trying to keep an open mind about it all - I know that what ends up being written has virtually no way of being as satisfying as almost thirty years of mystery and magic to me, but maybe once all of that has been moved past, we will get new stuff that is as interesting as the setting was back in the 2nd Edition Codex Imperialis.

One thing that it has reinforced for me is that if you have used any of the big names in 40K, whether they are locations, Chapters, Craftworlds, war bands, or anything else, be prepared to have "your guys" stories totally overwritten by GW moving forward. If you don't want to follow the GW meta-story, you better not be naming a 6th Company Captain of the Ultramarines, or a new Chapter Master of the Imperial Fists, or you can't be fighting on Armageddon, or you are seriously risking the need to accept that your stories are gone, or they are totally Alternate Universed from 40K, because unless you are a GW developer, your stories will be run over by the meta-plot advancement.

Personally, I'll stick with my stories and keep nodding to the meta-plot as it conveniently passes me by and wave to all the development uninterestedly.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Psychic Awakening event

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users