Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ultramarines 1st Company 2000pts

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Stickeh

Stickeh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 217 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Afternoon all, please see below the latest iteration on my 1st Company 2000 points list. I’ve spent a great deal of 8th edition playing variations on third theme, and 8.5 has expanded the unit roster to be able to include primaris units.

Battalion Detachment
Ultramarines

HQ
Marneus Calgar - Warlord
Primaris Lieutenants - Power sword

Troops
Intercessor Squad - Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle
. 4x Intercessor
. Intercessor Sergeant: Power fist

Intercessor Squad - Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle
. 4x Intercessor
. Intercessor Sergeant: Power fist

Intercessor Squad - Bolt rifle
. 9x Intercessor
. Intercessor Sergeant: Power sword

Elites
Aggressor Squad
5x Aggressor + Aggressor Sergeant
. Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Fast Attack
Inceptor Squad - Assault bolters

Inceptor Squad - Assault bolters

Suppressor Squad

Vanguard Detachment
Ultramarines

HQ
Captain in Terminator Armor -Relic blade, Storm bolter

Elites
Ancient in Terminator Armor - Power fist, Standard of Macragge Inviolate, Storm bolter

Sternguard Veteran Squad (10 man, special issue boltguns)

Terminator Squad
Teleport Homer
Terminator Sergeant, 7 x Power Fist and storm bolter, 2 x cyclone missile launchers

Dedicated Transport
Drop Pod - Storm bolter

Comes to 1999 points with 11 CP. There’s a definite lack of ranged anti tank, but 1st Company always tends to struggle with this outside of using dreads and land raiders, and I was trying to maximise boots on the ground.

Strategy wise Calgar and the primaris contingent deploy on the board and footslog, taking advantage of tactical doctrine and full hit rerolls, with the sternguard in pod dropping down turn one too. T2 the terminators and captain deploy, and combat squad into two 5 man units. The cyclone unit gets fury of the first stratagem for cyclones hitting on 2+ rerollable, with the storm bolter unit deploying in front to soak a charge. The banner in combination with angels of death gives each terminator 4 attacks, and the benefit of a 4+ death swing for a fairly unignorable threat.

Comments and critique welcome!

Joukernaut

Joukernaut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 435 posts

I'm not entirely sure how the first company theme is shining through in this list. Other than that this list will struglle a lot against anything toughness 6, maybe even 5 or higher. Can you elaborate in what setting you will be using the list? It will probably deal with hordes very well.

Personally I would add landraiders, stormravens and vanguard veterans to set the theme a bit clearer if you're after a thematic list. 

A chaplain would be a very good addition for a footslogging army list like this since the new codex.

Stickeh

Stickeh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 217 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
I was planning on making the intercessor units veterans, and although inceptors can't be given vet stats they're described in the new book as being in the 1st company. Aggressors and suppressors aren't granted, however I'm working under the assumption that primaris are slowly being introduced into the traditional company structures. I'm also trying to modernise the list while keeping as much TDA and firstborn veteran units as I have painted.

A godhammer pattern land raider is an obvious choice to bolster the lack of anti tank, but I’m loathe to only include 1-2 vehicles as they’ll quickly be shot off the board, and it’s hard to get enough boots on the ground when I start using multiple dreads, LR’s and rhinos. I’m strongly considering it though, I think you’re right about trouble dealing with T5+ and the chaplain being a good footslogging HQ, and at a hugely cheaper price point than Calgar.

CCE1981

CCE1981

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 646 posts
  • Faction: Tempestus Griffons
With the new book Aggressors “gained” Terminator Honours with their natural additional attack. The standard Aggressor has base three attacks, which is what Veteran Intercessors are bumped to with the Stratagem. For anti-tank I would look to Imperial Armour at the Mortis Contemptor Dreadnoughts, a personal favorite of mine, with 2x Twin Lascannons they come out to a svelte 168 pts. Heck with the new Codex the Venerable Chaplain Dreadnought is outstanding!

If you don’t want to go ForgeWorld, a Venerable Dreadnought with Twin Lascannon and Missile Launcher is only 140 pts. Though personally I’ve seen how fast they die they really aren’t that impressive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users