Danny Cyanide Does an Imperator Titan

So some of you may know that I had to drop out of the ETL due to a family illness that has taken away most of my hobby time over the last 2 months. A couple of weeks before this happened I had purchased a couple of 3d printers, and had been having a blast with it.

The actual personal time investment for 3d printing has been very low, as the machine basicly runs on its own without much intervention, so I've been able to use it while taking care of my family without it taking up huge blocks of time like painting does.

Since I don't like to do anything small, my first project to figure out how the machine worked was an Armorcast style Reaver Titan:

XY94fr2.jpg

lEoCeAp.jpg

My wife became ill shortly after this was finished and it has taken us a couple of months to adjust to life changes, but things are starting to feel a little more normal, and I've decided to start a new project.

The Reaver just wasn't quite big enough, so I found a set of files for an Adeptus Titanicus scale Emperor Titan, and have scaled it up to 28mm scale.

AQuGAZl.jpg

kN8IjTO.jpg

QzBV0QB.jpg

OcAu86i.jpg

suOVquP.jpg

zGuwIe5.jpg

3tRYfT6.jpg

The red parts in the first image is what has been printed so far. I'll be logging my progress here in this thread as the project comes together!

The final height of the "miniature" will be 36 inches, so it will be about 14 inches taller than a Forge World Warlord Titan.

Edited by Danny Cyanide

Just finished cleaning up the remaining parts that I've printed so far, as of today the entire Cathedral is complete, and the first foot has been printed!

iK0MVGW.jpg

ykOH0rQ.jpg

The Reaver is 12" tall for scale reference.

That's everything that I've printed so far over the last 3 weeks, so updates going forward will be slower, but I'm hoping to keep my printers running as continuously as possible.

Edited by Danny Cyanide

A little more progress, I've finished the first leg bastion and first shoulder pad/Cathedral platform.

The shoulder pad took 147 hours to print, and the leg bastion took 94 hours. The second bastion and shoulder just started printing tonight.

RmbTXqB.jpg

5UxKGgF.jpg

MRI0d1Y.jpg

Thanks Mordas! Total print time so far not counting the 2 pieces that are currently printing has been 810 hours.

The files were found on Thingiverse, search Emperor Titan and you will find them. The model was designed to be scaled for Adeptus Titanicus, so I've been printing it at 390% scale, luckily, one of my printers is very large (400 mm x 400 mm), so I haven't had to cut many of the parts up unless I'm trying to get a better print orientation. The shoulder, foot and leg bastion were each printed in one piece.

By Spooks I'm guessing spools? If so I'm about 7 in so far, 4 for the Cathedral, 0.75 for the foot, 1.25 ish for the bastion and leg pieces that are done so far and the shoulder took 986 grams of a 1 kg spool.

The torso will take about 4 kg when I get to it.

Edited by Danny Cyanide

I've updated the progress tracker image in the first post to show what is printed.  I'm away for work, but my wife has been babysitting 2 of my 3 printers while I'm away, and I brought the third with me.  

At home, the second shoulder pad is finished printing, along with the second leg bastion:

iSbCKCG.jpg

O6UPNFz.jpg

I will obviously have to do some clean up on those pieces when I get home, but they are printed, so I've marked them red in the tracking image.

I printed the waist and upper legs here at work and just started the head yesterday afternoon.  

2FUmo38.jpg

Edited by Danny Cyanide

Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Here is most of my Emperor Titan head in resin with interior! I'm really happy with how this is turning out! There are some gaps that I'll have to fill where the printed sections join, and there is a gap between the top of the head that I'll probably just fill in with a couple pieces of plasticard.

Jz6X7oV.jpg

1IrZ5yi.jpg

T2yE5Aq.jpg

The original file had the head as one solid piece, so the interior represents my first foray into 3d modeling, although I mostly just added in completed pieces that other have modeled. It's really soared an interest in me and I'm going to start playing around with 3d modeling more.

Edited by Danny Cyanide

I'm honestly not sure what the future has in store for this beast. To be honest, I'm not much of a gamer, more of a painter/collector, so my main motivation to build this was just that I've always wanted one! Lol. I figure it'll weigh 10-15 kg when finished.

The only post processing that any of my prints have recieved so far is support removal. The head was printed in resin though, so it's perfectly smooth, but the other parts do show layer lines. One of the benefits to printing something this big is that comparatively, it makes the layer lines very small so they don't show nearly as much!

Well, I managed to get the Torso and head done this week, so I'm able to put together a quick dry fit for you ask to see!

SR0SRHo.jpg

It's getting close. The lower body is mostly finished printing, just one foot and the thigh armour panels are missing, and both of those started printing this morning!