Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

From the Vaults of the Rock : Wesalia's Dark Angels

Dark Angels WIP

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Wesalia

Wesalia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts

Greetings Brothers !

Long time lurker, first time poster on the BnC, I've been amazed at your creations for a while now !

I started  around the middle of 3rd (with some Sons of Medusa, then onto a sizeable Alaitoc force before shifting to the ones that drove me to 40k : the Dark Angels !), left before 5th and came back at the end of 7th to witness the birth of 8th edition !

During all those years I've amassed lots of kits without finding the time nor the motivation to clear my ever-growing backlog, but it all stops now ! Or so I hope...

I'll use this thread as a reminder that no backlog is going to clear by itself, so you can expect WIP pictures of currents projects/paintings on a very irregular basis ! Feel free to comment, criticize and advise me on how to improve !

Without further ado, some pics of my few completed units :

Emperor's Champion (not sure what our equivalent would be), dug it out of a box, not sure I finished painting it sweat.gif

Spoiler

Tactical squad from Dark Vengeance
Spoiler

Librarian Dreadnought, because why not !
Spoiler

I also have a few WIP units, namely another tactical squad, some sergeants/lieutenants and a plastic Contemptor, :

Spoiler

Contemptor is fully magnetized, but I can't decide whether or not adding some bling on the right shoulder :

Spoiler

I'll try finishing these before starting anything else, but that might prove difficult as I have so many bits lying and a few concept ideas sweat.gif (seriously, where is my Plasma Predator ?!?)

• Interrogator Stobz, Dark Rage, Greenz and 1 other like this

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,447 posts
  • Faction: Wings of Dawn (DA Successors)

Well met, brother!

Glad you decided to start this thread, and commit to getting your forces in combat readiness. I look forward to seeing your work. So far, I am particularly a fan of your champion. Our closest unit would be the Company Champion.

A mighty warrior on the battlefield, indeed. I have had great success with him in many battles.

"Fiat lux!" - Battle cry of the Wings of Dawn,

a Dark Angel's Successor Chapter, currently WIP as part of the

gallery_26154_15777_7710.png

+++ FAN FICTION POSTS +++

The simple life of Crasius A Warhammer 40K short story

Greenz

Greenz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 800 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Absolution
Welcome to the Rock brother!

Well, you’re off to a good start, that’s a great looking army. I’m looking forward to seeing some of your creations, I love unique takes on models. Even if something’s not necessarily legal, it’s nice to have some fun like that every once in a while.

As for motivation, you’re on the right track with your thread! The Frater around these parts are awesome motivators, and always willing to help out. Speaking of which, what did you have in mind for that Contemptor shoulder? Keep the pics coming Wesalia!

Wesalia

Wesalia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts

@Berzul : Thanks ! If, or when, I get to a decent painted force I might use it as such !

@Greenz : .Thank you ! as for the Contemptor shoulder, I was pondering if it should remain plain (3rd pic) or blinged with a half emblem like in the last pic.

That reminds me, I still have some Dreadnoughts in a box (that's the catch when you move to a new apartment, everything ends up in boxes somewhere) that I might try to dig up later (Venerable, Mortis and Chaplain... Yes I do love Dreadnoughts).

Wesalia

Wesalia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts

So I managed to find a couple of hours to spray the Contemptor and work on this guy :

IMAG1871

First time in over a year that I've touched my brushes... It felt like I was taking forever just for these first steps. Hopefully he will be done tomorrow and then onto the dread !

• Interrogator Stobz likes this

Galloway

Galloway

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 191 posts

So I managed to find a couple of hours to spray the Contemptor and work on this guy :

First time in over a year that I've touched my brushes... It felt like I was taking forever just for these first steps. Hopefully he will be done tomorrow and then onto the dread !

Out of likes but he looks great so far.

"Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by incompetence."

The Unbound Brethren WIP log   Void Reavers log

gallery_48988_10069_47070.pnggallery_48988_15465_43209.png

Raziel_USMC

Raziel_USMC

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 90 posts
  • Faction: 19th F.I.S.T, Dark Angels
Looking good! Keep up the good work.
<p>Colossians 3:17.gallery_19551_992_13465.jpg

Wesalia

Wesalia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts

Thanks guys.

After a few hours of work, I'm calling him done !

IMAG1891
IMAG1892
IMAG1894

Now the Contemptor is getting his base colour (well, first thin coat rolleyesclean.gif) :

IMAG1896

• Interrogator Stobz and TechType like this

Wesalia

Wesalia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts

Small update after a busy weekend of non-hobby related stuff :

IMAG1910
IMAG1911
IMAG1912

Now I just need to find the motivation to paint and add all the bling! 

Edited by Wesalia, 09 September 2019 - 07:55 AM.

• Interrogator Stobz and SnakeChisler like this

SnakeChisler

SnakeChisler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,832 posts

Whats the rules for the Plasma Cannons on the Dread?

Wesalia

Wesalia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts
Rule of cool 😛
  • Interrogator Stobz, Berzul and jbaeza94 like this

Wesalia

Wesalia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts

Okay, so nothing on the Contemptor's bling but I did received some photo-etched blades today and it allowed to start another project I've in mind for a while :

IMAG1917~2
IMAG1918~2
IMAG1919~2

• Interrogator Stobz likes this

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,443 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels since RT.
Nice Biker conversion :tu:

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_48988_15465_19298.pngETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gifETL_Medal_06.gif

Stobz'z DAngles

Wesalia

Wesalia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts

Thank you Stobz !

Contemptor is now done :

Spoiler

The Librarian has been sprayed black, so I worked on a travel buddy for him :

Spoiler

It should be safe to build a small force with those guys around to monitor new recruits ph34r.png

Bonus question : does anyone know how to adapt a hurricane bolter system to a rhino chassis ? Or could provide with some scratchbuild examples to build one ?

• Deadman Wade likes this

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,328 posts
RE: Hurricane Bolters on Rhino, by far the easiest solution is to use the Storm Raven ones, I'll show a pic when I get home :tu:

Wesalia

Wesalia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts
Thanks, that would be awesome!

Wesalia

Wesalia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts

Biker now finished after... too many days. I'm not sure I like to paint bikes huh.png

Spoiler

I have yet to decide what to paint next : some tactical squad, chaplain on bike, dreadnought (chaplain, mortis), predator... Or something that is still on sprue sweat.gif

• Galloway likes this

Wesalia

Wesalia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts

I finally settled on some tacticals, basecoat is stil drying.

IMAG1996~2

In the meantime I'll dig up some kit and start building the next unit !

• Galloway likes this

Wesalia

Wesalia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12 posts

No progress on the tacticals for now (I'll be putting some paint on them later today), but the next unit is ready for priming !

IMAG1998~2
IMAG1999~2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dark Angels, WIP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users