FW Custodes finalised rules

Oh heck yeah I just saw that. And the Saggitarum went down 5 points (Well, their gun did). It is also flat 3 Damage instead of D3 and no chance of a mortal wound.

Also, Custodian Guard with Adrasite and Pyrithite Spears are troops as well.

Edited by CaptainMarsh

Telemon arachnus down to S8 and range halved on both profiles. +5 points to arachnus and small base increase to chassis.

Aquilon up 5pts base

Caladius base 120, illiastus S7 D2 80pts, arachnus S9 Damage 3+D3 100pts, lastrum 20pts

Venatari tarsus/kinetic down 8pts.

It's not a good day for the Custodes im afraid.

Edited by swordofmandulis

Couple of stand-outs for me are:

1) Sagittarum are troops! and the cheapest troops option (just) now, whilst providing a bit of heavy shooting. You can take a squad of 3 sit them back field and they actually can dish out a fair amount of shots at GEQ/MEQ per turn. Not amazing at killing necessarily, but fantastic at being a list filler. In my opinion this is the single most important change in this update because it changes the fundamental list building options when thinking about getting a few CPs. 

2) Melta-Guard in any vehicle as TROOPS!!! this is probably open to some abuse, but also reasonably priced.

3) Venetari with Buckler/Pistol is even cheaper, and this is good. it means they aren't so close in points to better FA options (bikes!), and thus can defs dish out the damage, but as a cheaper overall less effective option. It makes them useable. 

4) Telemon.... well ok it needed a nerf, but its a heavy hit to it... oosh ....

5) the terminator conundrum.... now Aquilon have gone up, to me its making them less attractive, The Aallarus seem better...  but I could chuck wardens down with the teleport strat for killing elites, or melta-guard teleport for vehicle busting.... 

Excellent, our anti-armour can no longer shoot armour at range, and wounds T8 targets (Knights, the reason we bought these things) on 5s. Dropping the Str to 7 on the Caladius Accelerator's was the nail in the coffin to ensure people won't play these in tournament lists. As for the Telemon Arachnus Str and range nerf, it's gone from one in the odd list to a paperweight.

Did they really nerf a Pure Custodes player's best anti-armour choice simply because other armies were bringing them in soup lists? Yet another nerf to custodes because of soup abuse. They really don't want Imperium players to run pure lists anymore.

The Caladius changes can't be a surprise to anyone. I agree that it sucks that soup has ruined this but there's not much we can do about it. I have two Caladius that I just bought so I feel the pain too but I'm going to keep playing with them, I'll just choose not to play a tournament soup Knight list if I can help it. I actually think that the changes (in the rules writers head) are more about Custodes not being played as a gunline army and more of an 'in your face melee with some good shooting' style of army.

The Telemon actually looks okay used with a storm cannon and caestus now... though nothing on the Galatus makes it worth taking still IMO, the Achillus looks unchanged and is prob the better of the pair but dreads don't have enough attacks or pistol type so that's that. Shame as I love the look of those dreads but just don't see a role for them that our infantry or bikes can't do.

Sagittarum and Adrisite/Pyrithite Guard as troops is a very welcome addition. I think the Pyrithite could be an auto include if facing mech or high toughness lists (which is what I play a lot), they contribute to a battalion now and Assault 1 S8 AP4 Dd6/2d6 (melta) is just so much better for a few points than Rapid fire 1 S4 AP-1 D2 on units that want to get close to the enemy.

Edited by Dallas Drake

I think the Caladius is still perfectly good, but obviously not as strong as it was.

And yeah, it's a shame that multi factions lists have resulted in lowering it's power.

Saggitarum with a Misericordia are a really solid troops choice now. Solid shooting in terms of shot generation and quality at range, and then heavy infantry and light/medium vehicle mulching once closer. Then having a solid number of S5 AP-2 attacks in melee- not as great as other melee options, but a nice package nonetheless.

Saggitarum with a Misericordia are a really solid troops choice now. Solid shooting in terms of shot generation and quality at range, and then heavy infantry and light/medium vehicle mulching once closer. Then having a solid number of S5 AP-2 attacks in melee- not as great as other melee options, but a nice package nonetheless.

Yeah I agree.

I think Sagittarum is the way to go with troops and you can still get dedicated CC with Aquilon and Vertus Praetors.