Psychic Awakening

I got it.... Goats get Smite!

( dodges tomatoes)

I find it really weird that this could be setting up some bizarre rematch between Thousand Sons and Wolves.

What I do think us we’ll potentially see a combination of Maelific powers accessible by Those sand Sons which I would love.

I’ve really struggled to continue playing Thousand Sons right now. Id just love some expansion to the line somehow. I know we went over and over this awaiting 8th, but a psychic dreadnought is way overdue.

I got it.... Goats get Smite!

( dodges tomatoes)

I find it really weird that this could be setting up some bizarre rematch between Thousand Sons and Wolves.

What I do think us we’ll potentially see a combination of Maelific powers accessible by Those sand Sons which I would love.

I’ve really struggled to continue playing Thousand Sons right now. Id just love some expansion to the line somehow. I know we went over and over this awaiting 8th, but a psychic dreadnought is way overdue.

I've Been itching to whip out Thousand Sons recently, been reading through the Crimson King so good!

atm my T'au friend can easily shoot me off the table but my space marine playing friend struggles with the Magnus Missile

I wonder if the actual Psychic phase became altered? That would be something. 

I haven't used Magnus in 8th since... the index days? It's funny how he went from an I Win Button to.... almost unusable (competitively) unless paired with his brother (basically he slingshots Mortarion like a huge snot ball into the enemy lines.)

Magnus could be getting tweaked when you think about it. Maybe not directly, but indirectly by some of the powers available, or perhaps how mechanics might change.

What I don't want is to see our 7th ed Psychic phase back. It was too labour intensive. I attended events with washable markers and laminated power cards... it was pretty draining to play them through a tournament.

I am fearful for Ahriman. Perhaps my favourite model/character in all of 40K. He's almost Mr.Automatic for pure Thousand Sons players, and now he's commonly pushing daemons around the board in tournaments. BUT that being said Tigurius might even be better now. (Which as much as I love Tiggy, I don't agree with this.)

Fingers crossed they don't mess with Ahriman. Mutaliiths on the other hand.....

Those are some good possibilities Prot.

Now that Ahriman is in a box set, I’m expecting some change, but wonder what that would be. Won’t any Magnus or Ahriman changes be Chapter Approved content?

I also agree with the person who said they’d like army wide changes/bonuses rather than just psykers changing. Thankfully I have several factions to enjoy.

Yes, unfortunatly TS spells are horrible when compared to nearly everyone else.

heck, some of our spells are strictly inferior to spells others got AFTER you apply our pathetic legion tactic to them.

I just want good spells for TS, is that too much to ask?

I think we can expect an additional rule to our 'legion trait' (along with the other legions, to be in line with space marines)

Points will come with chapter approved, not with September faq or psychic awakening. Example: Space marines rhino is 5pts cheaper base than ours.

I haven't used Magnus in 8th since... the index days? It's funny how he went from an I Win Button to.... almost unusable (competitively) unless paired with his brother (basically he slingshots Mortarion like a huge snot ball into the enemy lines.)

Magnus could be getting tweaked when you think about it. Maybe not directly, but indirectly by some of the powers available, or perhaps how mechanics might change.

Well I find I Usually win when Magnus is brought out he's a distraction Carnifex that will melt anything he looks at forcing your opponent to deal with it.

I fly Magnus forward with attack buffs & warptime

I fly up with 3 DPs behind him they all buff Magnus before he warptimes I find he takes a considerable beating before he goes down, he should if your opponent focuses on him and isn't unlucky go down turn 2 but then your opponent has 3 Dps to deal with, But ive always loved a good monster mash

Guys go look in the Psychic Awakening news forum and look into all that code deep dive stuff....

I told ya'll days ago that GW was telling panicking space wolves players that their faction wouldn't miss an opportunity to burn an entire planet of psykers.. Looks like it might happen according to some of the things they saw in the website

Edited by Archaeinox

Amazing. They're setting the groundwork for something very big. 

I am really pumped with this info from the main rumour thread:

And finally, Warzone #4 and OH BOY DO WE HAVE A BINGO. Smack bang in the middle, there they are, Sortiarius and Prospero, primed and ready for a fight.

o6wIcD0.png

CALLED IT! Heck yes!
I can't wait!

So while the TS celebrate "Magnus - The Homecoming, we prepare ourselves for "Prospero Burns 2: Primarch Boogaloo"

I will be trying to make a doubled effort to finish my second full Thousand Sons army with this motivation. If it turns out to be nothing more than a few psychic cards.... at least I'll have put some more work into the army!

Edited by Prot

Didn't

Ahriman already transcribe the exact info he needed by projecting his spectral self into the Black Library?

That plot line is resolved. Most recent thing has him looking at the Dark Eldar place for more insight into what Yvraine did......... (source: final timeline entry in codex)

Didn't

Ahriman already transcribe the exact info he needed by projecting his spectral self into the Black Library?

That plot line is resolved. Most recent thing has him looking at the Dark Eldar place for more insight into what Yvraine did......... (source: final timeline entry in codex)

When was that supposed to have happened? Was that in a book?

During his assault on the black library, ahriman managed to get close to the doors but never physically got in.  ahriman was able to project his astral form into the library for a short time, even as his forces where fighting a literal army of harlequins, imperial inquisition forces, some craft world forces and the Phoenix lord magan ra and his dark reapers.

ahriman was also playing a game of hide and seek with the laughing god so he didn't have time to actually do much research. he never found the information he was looking for about the rubric but he did glean several secrets the most notable of which was a much more detailed understanding of the webway.

which is a large part of what has put him at least partially back in the good graces of the crimson king. that's also why we have webway deployed.

back in 3ed edition with the first 13th black crusade book sorcerer's of ahrimans cabal could take a power that let them teleport units around the board. It was basically the new gray knight gate of infinity. 

Not a huge gripe, I'm thankful that we are unique enough to have 3 disciplines...however, like a few of you have already mentioned: odd warp charge costs, other armies do it better, lots of powers, =/= psychic mastery. One table is daemons only, the other is an existing chaos marine table with death hex favored. And ours...is just kinda meh. Tzeentch's firestorm is more like Tzeentch's matchstick. 

I would prefer an overhaul. The thousand sons should feel like masters of the warp. Where eldar are more disciplined, thousand sons should feel like they have the ability to "push things".

I would like powers that represent the thousand sons fighting style. Throw in a few deception and manipulation powers. If our legion relies more on the psychic arts over big guns then by Tzeentch why can we not have a RELIABLE power that grants us the ability to turn the enemy guns against them? Why not have a table of powers, and each power has 2 warp charge values. The first being the normal value and power, and the second...an enhanced version of the power that is more difficult to cast and has a higher risk of perils. I feel like this would capture our psychic style in the sense that sons are disciplined enough to throw around powers like normal with a decent success rate, but at times...in desperation, greed for power, etc. The sons have been known to push things and sometimes the risk can be costly. Would be a nice changeup for magnus too. OH look....magnus is using the exact same buff powers on himself again. Boring. 

Also, like the marines..lets get a secondary ability on our legion trait. 6" bonus to range is nice....on a small portion of our army. Also, just give inferno bolts to all bolt weapondry, on vehicles mostly. This "pay a command point for one weapon is lame. I can't recall, but an army or faction has the ability to upgrade all guns for a command point, not just one. Knights maybe?

Tzeentch vehicles that are daemon and Tzeentch...just give them ephemeral form already. In fact, all models with daemon and tzeentch keywords. 

Give something extra to exalted sorc. Tired of seeing daemons princes and Ahriman. 

Icon of flame....

/endgripe

I've gone and done de-railed a bit. Sorry about that. Here's hoping psychic awakening gives us a few more powers to play with!

Edited by Ahzek451

we got a ways to go. the BIG REVEAL for today is that banshee minis are coming, even after Nova showed us they were. If I was an eldar player I'd be insulted.

..come back next Monday for another reveal 

It will probably be book 2 or 4 for our time to shine on Planet of Sorcerers

Edited by Archaeinox

I wouldn't worry, GW apparently has no idea how to tease or create hype but bless their little cotton socks they try :tongue.: Whenever GW announce something I automatically dial them down a few points. Though maybe that doesn't mean all that much when all of GW's marketing is apparently stuck at 11... :laugh.:

Wait and see; hope for the best, expect the worst. Has worked well for me over the many years :wink:

I think we need those planes from Prospero, the FW/Custodes rules treatment, and a psychic dread.

I'm okay with the limited model pool on condition we get enough psychic prowess. We don't need volume of/or quality shooting, beyond the Rubrics and a couple dread, to take out a Mortarion, Ogryn, Double Gat Knight, etc. in a turn or so if they give us some real psychic teeth.

Both us and Grey Knights should be the armies who shoot in the Psychic phase. Let's also be real, we should have the ability to pass a psychic test for a CP, or two.

Both us and Grey Knights should be the armies who shoot in the Psychic phase. Let's also be real, we should have the ability to pass a psychic test for a CP, or two.

Probably not the place for me to say what I think GK should be like, but I will say it in the context of hoping they get adjustments with us in Psychic Awakening: They should never be flinging fireballs or bioelectric stuff.. They should be terrifying in close combat, as in touching things and damn near making them disappear.